+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default New S26 Gold formula

Has anyone been using the new S26 Gold formula? I picked up a tin and it's quite a different texture to the old formula

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope it goes well for you and bubs let us know. As I haven't heard good stories about s26.

Anyanka

Thanks
    Reviews

Default new s26

Quote Originally Posted by goldencrumble View Post
    Has anyone been using the new S26 Gold formula? I picked up a tin and it's quite a different texture to the old formula
    Hi there, my son is 5 months and has had the s26 since birth. I was surprised at how different the new one is. It could be a coincidence but we've found he hasn't slept through the night since the change - maybe as it is easier to digest? Apart from that no issues & we've never given him any other formula. He's doing well on it

Thanks
    Reviews
    H, my son is also 5 months old and since we've gone to the new formula, he's been having trouble sleeping at night as well. We were giving him 240ml on the old one and have now dropped him back to 180ml and I just don't think it's sustaining him. One of the brilliant mothers in my fb group has suggested making a bottle of 180ml and 240ml and combining the two together so it works out at about 2 bottles of 220ml. Am going to try it tonight and see how it goes. I was told by the S-26 careline team that they don't recommend going back to the old formula once you have started the new one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I HATE the new formula. Even the scoop is different! I'm seeing the health nurse tomorrow and i'm thinking about changing bub to a new one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tried the new formula with my 7 week old baby, caused her to bring alot of her feeds up and made her really unsettled... Called the careline on the tin and was advised they have changed the amount of protein and was advised to slowly ween her onto new tin... Tried that for 2 days with no luck...Shopped the town for all the old formula and now she is back to her old routine and sleeping thru the night....def not using the new formula!! also note the formula is now made in Singapore not Ireland as was previously.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pure View Post
    H, my son is also 5 months old and since we've gone to the new formula, he's been having trouble sleeping at night as well. We were giving him 240ml on the old one and have now dropped him back to 180ml and I just don't think it's sustaining him. One of the brilliant mothers in my fb group has suggested making a bottle of 180ml and 240ml and combining the two together so it works out at about 2 bottles of 220ml. Am going to try it tonight and see how it goes. I was told by the S-26 careline team that they don't recommend going back to the old formula once you have started the new one.
    you could just mix it up in a clean jug and pour the desired amount into the bottles. thats what ive always done i make up 24hrs worth of formula in a jug and keep in the fridge with a lid on. as long as you stick to the water/formula ratio and use within 24hrs its fine. i use a whisk to mix it up properly

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is also 5 months old and has been on S26 since birth. He has thrived on the formula and has never suffered from constipation. He sometimes brings up a bit of milk, but that is just normal for babies. Since I changed him to 240ml his poos started to become quite explosive and runnier than the usual playdoh poos he would do.
    Now on this new formula he is very distracted whilst drinking (I dont know if its because he is bored of the milk and ready for solids or because he doesnt like the texture as much) His poos are much the same... pooing about 3 times a day still! sometimes they are solid sometimes runny. I have noticed though that he farts a lot and not just little ones HUGE ones!!!! there are some nights I put him down to sleep at night and he will scream and cry, so I will pick him up and burp him and he will burp and fart and then he is fine and sleeps well!
    Im thinking that this formula is NOT as easy to digest as suggested. It seems to me its giving my son more wind than ever which is causing him a bit of pain at night after all his feeds.
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    I also noticed that he sounds very Phlemy! I dont know if he has a cold or if its because of this new formula making his saliva thicker which then makes him purr like a cat and cough a little!
    Im really dissappointed that they changed it!... Im thinking to go buy out the shops of the old formula as I was advised they are discontinuing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh and just a quick note on the amount to give bubs. The careline said its still ok to give 240 ml, just make it with 4 scoops as before... the size of the scoop hasnt changed just the look of it. The amounts on the tin are just a guideline... you may find that your baby will only drink about 200ml or even 180 ml sometimes anyway... probably because this texture seems to be a lot thicker than before!
    :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all I really need some advice.... (doctor is a useless ****)
    My dd has been on S26 gold since birth, hasn't had any issues. Last week started projectile vomiting every feed. Doctor said it's reflux change her formula chemist said don't change it just wait it out... Wtf!
    Anyway that night I went to a different chemist and she said it could be a bug and she needs food in her belly. When they are vomiting they can't digest the lactose so I have the S26 lactose free formula and she is now keeping it down. Still not having as many bottles as she was and is going nearly 6 hrs between feeds even when I offer it to her earlier. She's 7 months and I stopped the solids due to her vomiting.
    I don't know if I just continue with the lactose free & see what happens???