Reviews

Default Anyone using Canberra fertility centre or SIVF Canberra

great thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KnittingNancy For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nancy I'm with Steve - he can be very hard to get into, I think we waited 10 weeks for our initial appointment, but found him very understanding. I believe I read in the Canberra Times awhile back that he and his wife are parents through IVF. The only thing I would say is go in there with ALL your questions ready - he's very busy so you need to be able to fire off those questions, you don't get a lot of 'thinking' time during the appointments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Y'all, just wanted to jump in here and say we were really unhappy with Steve, we felt he was annoyed at us when we asked questions and several times he belittled me in appointments. Also, in 12 months with him and 3 cycles we only saw him for 3 10 minutes consults. We just didn't feel that he took our concerns seriously. We don't have option of any clinic other than CFC, so jumped to Devine and she has been splendid. We haven't cycled with her yet and have already had 2 45 minute consults, a phone consult and emails from her. I understand that Devine also works at another clinic, must be ISIS?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jaandaw For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (12-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had first appointments with Tween Low- Genea. She was FANTASTIC.
    She had done 2 transfers for me when Simone Campbell was away and after Simone left Canberra.
    For our first face to face appointment we were in there for nearly an hour. I got in quickly too as there was a cancellation and I was a tranferring patient from Genea.
    I brought in a written list of what I wanted to discuss and gave it to her- she reviewed it with us. She came up with ideas I hadn't considered too. She was willing to take the time and took everything back to grassroots. The only issue was she didn't seem to have much of my previous history passed on to her.
    I was booked in for a day procedure quickly (less than a week) and she even phoned me in person to organise it.
    She is also a lecturer at the ANU- so very current with her knowledge. She has a pleasant manner.

In short: I would recommend Tween.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty sure Steve Robson is now working out of Genea.
    I am currently seeing Tween Low after losing Simone Campbell to Brisbane (boo hoo! 😢). I am very happy with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    Just had first appointments with Tween Low- Genea. She was FANTASTIC.
    She had done 2 transfers for me when Simone Campbell was away and after Simone left Canberra.
    For our first face to face appointment we were in there for nearly an hour. I got in quickly too as there was a cancellation and I was a tranferring patient from Genea.
    I brought in a written list of what I wanted to discuss and gave it to her- she reviewed it with us. She came up with ideas I hadn't considered too. She was willing to take the time and took everything back to grassroots. The only issue was she didn't seem to have much of my previous history passed on to her.
    I was booked in for a day procedure quickly (less than a week) and she even phoned me in person to organise it.
    She is also a lecturer at the ANU- so very current with her knowledge. She has a pleasant manner.

In short: I would recommend Tween.
    Me too i find her fantastic, and also she alway takes the time to have a chat and see how you are going with everything before diving into the nitty gritty. I feel very lucky she's taken me on as one of her last obstetrics patients as i've wound up with a high risk pregnancy, i couldn't ask for better care. She's also very up to date on the latest research.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (16-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad there are some good options in Canberra. We would really have liked to continue to Dr Robson/Genea but have decided to travel from Cba to Westmead instead, as we simply can't afford the local options

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Twocam, Im interested to hear how you go at Westmead. After multiple IVF failures and no money this is something we've considered too, although I wondered if it would end up being just as expensive with the travel and accommodation. I'd love to know how you manage it from interstate and whether the process is much different from the private clinics. Fx for you. Xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jaandaw For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Jaandaw,
    Certainly the facilities are less 'lush' than CFC although I did notice their magazines are more recent But my impression was that the staff we spoke with really knew their stuff. I
    A couple of big differences. The place is "self-service" to a certain degree. For example DH has to come to the fertility centre and get a wheelchair on egg-pickup day. Then he has to push the wheelchair down to the theatre where they do EPU (on the other side of the hospital) and wheel me back to the Fertility Centre for recovery. That will work for us, it will make him feel useful. But I know other people that would balk at the idea!
    We have to travel to Sydney twice before egg-pickup. Once to pick up meds/get instructions/pay the fee) and the second time for an ultrasound. Other bloods and ultrasounds can be done in Cba on a user-pays basis and Westmead will give you the forms to fill out (CFC have already confirmed they can do them).
    Westmead have put a note in our file that we are travelling from the 'country'!!! which means we get late-morning appointments rather than the 7am ones, to allow us time to get there. There's no need to stay in Sydney after egg-pickup if your DH can drive but since mine isn't confident driving in Sydney we will be staying over - there's accomodation associated with the hospital & the staff can give details. So it will really only be one overnight trip.

For frozen cycles they have you monitored in Canberra and you just let them know once you are ovulating and they will schedule ET - so only a one-day trip.

I can't see Westmead being anywhere near as expensive as Canberra clinics, even with the cost of travelling.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

jaandaw  (17-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucasmumma View Post
    Hi there I have one DS from our first icsi cycle with cfc and have had a failed FET (of which we lost all our embryos in the thaw bar one which didnt take) another failed icsi and now 5 frozen embryos.
    We are thinking of changing to SIVF Canberra as I have seen their success rates and they seem exceptionally professional.
    I guess my question is what is your experience with these clinics?
    I'm just feeling let down by cfc at the moment and need to feel positive before my next FET.
    Cheers
    Hi Lucasmumma we had the best experience with Genea (SIVF) in Canberra. We were seeing Simone Campbell but she left just before our first ICSI cycle but we met Tween Low the day of our EPU and she got us pregnant! I just heard my baby's heartbeat by Doppler for the first time at work today! 10w2days!!