+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks that is exactly what I've done just waiting on AF so we ca start fresh! Which is what my gut instinct was thanks for helping me out!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks that's exactly what I've done just waiting for AF to make an appearance so we can start fresh (why does she take soooo long when we WANT her lol)?! My gut was always go fresh just thought I was being hasty. Thanks for your help

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi Clementine Grace

We have been looking for a clinic for IVF and since its been only 2 years for us to be here in Canberra, we are struggling to decide which one to chose of the 3 - CFC,SIVF, or ISIS. This blog of yours is about 10 months old, which really makes me curious about how did you go with your results (if you dont mind). We are just about to start this voyage but really nervous. I really appreciate everyone's review that is there on this forum and it really helps. Is it possible to know your latest experience or how did you go in the last 10months. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Hi lucasmamma, i’ve only had 2 appointments with SIVF so i’m not really sure of the exact costs. I’d say it probably doesn’t include meds? We’re waiting for a retest and if my partners count is not significantly improved, she said we could start the ivf in October/November. We’re hoping it might increase but it was mega low (1.8) so there is little chance it will and we’ll end up doing the ivf.

Everyone is different, but I do hear a lot of good stuff about SIVF, i have heard of quite a few people that have switched to them. They are pretty expensive, so I guess if you had to do lots of cycles, it would get quite pricy. Hopefully you get your BFP first round J

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi gbt74,

gosh, i can't believe its been so long since i started….

I can't really speak for ISIS or CFS because i have only been with SIVF (who are now Genea).

I started end of dec/jan and i guess have had a bit of a rough road, my first stim cycle was cancelled (due to my pcos), 2nd stim cycle i got a pretty good result. We ended up with 6, 5 day blastocysts 1 to transfer and 5 to freeze. This was much more than we were hoping for. First fresh transfer I had late AF, but turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. The last frozen cycle, i did get pregnant, but unfortunately had an early miscarriage. We have 4 frozen left.

For Genea, i'd say that they are very professional, lovely nurses and staff and they really take care of you. Especially for egg pick up's and transfers. I'm seeing Tween Low, and i find her wonderful.

I'm pretty bummed that i'm not pregnant, but am hopeful that one of our frozen embryo's will work. IVF can be a long, tough road.

I do know a few people who have transferred from some of the other clinics to Genea, they do seem to have the highest success rates.

IVF can be totally daunting at first, feel free to PM me with any questions, would be happy to help. Hope your IVF journey is short and successful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Clementine Grace. We really really appreciate your reply. When we read all the blogs here we were a bit inclined towards SVIF( Genea), but now I think we will soon be visiting them to discuss our case(we are missing eggs). Also, I would like to wish you good luck and I really feel happy that you did have a pregnancy, which is the bright side of the fact. This goes to show that its not a long way from where you are. Please do let me know if I could be of any help. Once again thanks heaps for sharing your experience and helping us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey gbht
    We are also using Genea for our first cycle. TOP quality in all ways.
    I heard the ISIS ad and looked them up- their success rates are lower than Genea and the price is close.
    CFC from what I hear are cheaper, but not sure about the level of techno stuff etc compared to Genea- eg another local poster has potentially post some frozen embryos there.
    Highly recommend Dr Simone Campbell. I believe Dr Low is the 'endo' expert.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No worries bght,

This is a very daunting thing, especially at beginning, i had no idea of what to expect really.

My only other advice is to prepare for all possibilities and don't look too much into stats because there is always an element of luck. I have pcos so was prepared for being at risk of OHSS (and having a cancelled cycle), but my first cycle, they started me on a low dose and my follies we're getting big enough, so it was cancelled. I was pretty devastated, but realise now it was the right thing. There are SO many steps in ivf, you have to respond to the meds, have to get good eggs, have to make good embyro's, then you have to have them stick. Each step can be full of emotion and disappointment, so take one day a time.

I really do find Genea very professional and caring, and i do believe we will achieve a baby with them, just might take awhile to get things right. I can't fault their care, you can call the nurses any time day or night, and they won't make you feel too much like just a number.

I think with Genea too, they are more expensive, but your out of pocket cost really isn't too much more, you pay more out, but you get lots back. And they have the money back from medicare and back in your bank within 4 or 5 days of charging your credit card which is great.

Best of luck to you, I really hope that you get your BFP soon and aren't on the IVF roller coaster too long. You will find heaps of support and answers to questions on this forum. I've found the ladies on here a godsend, it's made it so much easier to get through the really hard days.

Fortitude, hope to see a BFP from you in a few weeks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs up Hi Clementine Grace

Thanks once again. Will keep you updated once we start the process. Also, wish you good luck again and hope to hear some exciting news from you soon. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    No worries bght,

This is a very daunting thing, especially at beginning, i had no idea of what to expect really.

My only other advice is to prepare for all possibilities and don't look too much into stats because there is always an element of luck. I have pcos so was prepared for being at risk of OHSS (and having a cancelled cycle), but my first cycle, they started me on a low dose and my follies we're getting big enough, so it was cancelled. I was pretty devastated, but realise now it was the right thing. There are SO many steps in ivf, you have to respond to the meds, have to get good eggs, have to make good embyro's, then you have to have them stick. Each step can be full of emotion and disappointment, so take one day a time.

I really do find Genea very professional and caring, and i do believe we will achieve a baby with them, just might take awhile to get things right. I can't fault their care, you can call the nurses any time day or night, and they won't make you feel too much like just a number.

I think with Genea too, they are more expensive, but your out of pocket cost really isn't too much more, you pay more out, but you get lots back. And they have the money back from medicare and back in your bank within 4 or 5 days of charging your credit card which is great.

Best of luck to you, I really hope that you get your BFP soon and aren't on the IVF roller coaster too long. You will find heaps of support and answers to questions on this forum. I've found the ladies on here a godsend, it's made it so much easier to get through the really hard days.

Fortitude, hope to see a BFP from you in a few weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fortitude. Thanks for your post. We shall post our experiences and keep everyone updated once we start the process. Good luck to you too. Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Canberra ladies (any of you who are still watching this thread)

I have 25 progesterone pessaries (what is left from a bottle of 36) which I no longer need. I bought the bottle of 36 from the Discount Pharmacy in Mitchell for $165 a few weeks ago and they've been properly stored in the fridge ever since. I'd be delighted to sell them to someone for around half price, which works out to about $60 (here's a scary thought - they're about $4.60 each!).

Pls PM me if you're interested.