+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Questions after a laparoscopy

Hi,

I'm just wondering if someone can help me please. I had a laparoscopy, hysterosopy, D&C and dye test done last Friday (15th) which was CD8. They removed endometriomas from both ovaries and endometriosis from the front and back of the uterus and the bladder. There was quite a bit apparently.

My question is if it was done on CD8 would I still ovulate as normal and then expect AF when she is due or will my cycle be all messed up due to them removing stuff from my ovaries? The last few days i have been getting what feels like AF cramps but I am also having pain when going to the toilet (sorry if TMI).

Any help anyone can offer as to how a lap can mess with a cycle is much appreciated.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Kato,

I had my lap/hyst done on CD27 and AF showed up right on time on CD30, so in my case there was no delay at all. However I didn't have a D&C, and from what I've read, that can throw out your cycle.

The cramps will be from the gas they pumped into your abdomen. It needs to be absorbed by your body and passed. I had very severe cramping after my lap, needed heat pack & painkillers for several days. I also had pain when passing the gas & going to the toilet.

Hopefully someone who had their lap at a similar CD to you will shed more light.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same procedures as you did and the surgery was preformed the day I got AF (I have crazy cycles so never known when AF is due). I had endo removed and O'ed naturally (a first for me) at around CD24 and got my BFP from that cycle. I have heard you are more fertile the cycle after your lap. It was more than true for me. I was in a lot of pain and kept the pain killers up for a few days and tried to walk around at home to release the gas as I had shoulder tip pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Teags!! How fantastic to conceive naturally after failed IVF's

I second the fertility spike following lap, got my first ever BFP the cycle straight after. Unfortunately it was a chem pg, but it was one step further than we ever got before. Next one is bound to be sticky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, thanks for your replys. How long did your cramps and pain going to the toilet last? It's been about a week and a half now and i'm still getting them. I think they are slowly getting better though. I had that shoulder pain too but thankfully it went away after a couple of days.

Congrats Teags. I am really hoping that this is true and we fall pregnant next cycle as we are out for this one as we were told we weren't allowed to DTD for two week after so I would've missed ovulation if it still happened when supposed to. So my fingers are crossed for next month, it would be nice to finally see two pink lines since I have never seen them in the almost 3.5years we have been trying.

good luck and to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kato,

For me the pains had stopped about 7-8 days after the surgery. If you've noticed an improvement, then I'd say you're almost there. Good luck with your next cycle, I hope you've begun to see signs of ovulation and you catch that egg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my first post on these forums, I had the exact same procedures you did on Jan 21 last year. I was basically told that I had one of the worst cases of endo and that I would need Ivf but that there was no harm in trying to conceive naturally. I got my AF on Feb 7 and then to my amazement on March 19 the 2 lines appeared. Going by dates I would have conceived exactly a month after the surgery. My DD is now 9 months old and I am sure that the surgery made all the difference. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Meeksie80 you give me hope. Well my AF turned up on time after my lap and I was getting what I guess is ovulation pain last night so I've got my fingerscrossed that I will get those two lines in 2weeks. It's gotta happen soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Little Chimp, glad to hear your cycle is normal, i had a lap hyst tubal ligation and endo removed in november, and my cycle was normal too, goodluck with ttc, i got my positive yesterday .. first proper cycle after the procedure YAY!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Zoemacaroni, Congratulations on your BFP. I got mine on my 2nd full cycle after my operation and I am now 18wks pregnant. Was so shocked and couldn't quite believe it when I saw those 2 lines. But so happy.