+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been quiet. DH has kept up his ridiculous behaviour and we are up to Day 9 without speaking now. AF started on Monday, therefore we have missed the boat for Sep FET. I'm slowly realising his silent treatment is actually a serious marital problem and each day he continues the mind games, the less I want to be anywhere near him. I have a separate thread in the Family & Friends section, so you can follow the drama there if you want!

Bronte- you have every reason to be excited about this next cycle, so many ladies conceive on the next attempt after a lap .

Puffsgirl- the fight had nothing to do with IVF, and this is not just him venting. He's sulking because he was out of line and he can't accept being the 'bad guy'. He uses silence as weapon to manipulate me into sucking up to him, which serves to absolve him of any responsibility in the argument. Its childish and twisted and I've decided that I've tolerated it for the last time! Gym is my salvation at the moment, such a great stress release. Oh cool, you have Alive as your ringtone, love that song too! My AF is always late the cycle after the full stim, hope she shows up for you soon.

Spud- 3 frosties is great! Are they 5 dayers? I hope the provera does its job and AF is here soon.

Forever- Oh yes I picked up some awesome bargains! Especially with the Aussie Dollar so high. I should have packed only 2 or 3 outfits and filled my suitcase with new stuff. At least I know for next time! I'm glad your dinner with your old nurse has put you in a better frame of mind to deal with the nasty nurse.

Pippi- Hi & welcome! How awful for you to have 2 BFPs, but neither was sticky. I certainly do hope this next cycle is the one for you!

Wifemommyme- Yay for building up a lovely comfy lining for your future niece or nephew! The acronyms do take time to get used to, here is a link that explains them:
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-Abbreviations

AFM- our FET has gone on hold til this silent treatment thing is sorted out. Its no longer about the fight that triggered it, but about his twisted methods of making sure he's always the good guy to my detriment. Its just not right and I'm done with it!Hopefully we can work things out and be ready for Oct FET.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello ladies, mind if I join in?

I'll be doing my first round of IUI in a few weeks!

A bit of background - DH has Klinefelters, can't and won't ever produce his own sperm, We tried the biopsy as its about a 40% chance of finding sperm hiding in there, but it wasn't to be. So its the donor route for us now

I look forward to 'meeting' you all

Thanks
    Reviews

Let's kick some infertility tail!!!

Bronte72 - Fresh Cycle - Getting healthy, Waiting for green light (hopefully Sept or Oct)

Forever27 - Fresh Cycle - Popping Pills

Lindylou78 - FET Cycle - On Hold

Liv01 - Fresh Cycle - Waiting for AF to start suppression

Lola77 - Fresh Cycle - Waiting for green light

Pippi01 - Fresh Cycle - Should start down reg in Sept with EPU Oct 24th. This is the one!

Puffsgirl11 - FET Cycle - Getting healthy, Waiting for green light

RunningWithScissors -IUI with Donor Sperm-Sometime in Sept.

Spud
    - FET Cycle - Waiting for AF

WifeMommyMe - GC Fresh Cycle -Lupron & Estrodial

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bronte72 - You're so right, IVF is really hard to ignore. I ate, slept, and breathed it in previous cycles and found myself consumed with it. I'm trying to make a conscious effort not to let it consume me this time. It sounds like you're doing a great job trying not to let it consume you either. Friends and family are definitely great stress release for me. I'm very grateful for them. I love your positive attitude. I'm ready for it to be my turn too and I truly hope it's all our turns. Wouldn't it be great if we completely defied the statistics and we all got knocked up?

lindylou78 - Wow, it sounds like you made the right call by putting your cycle on hold. I can understand why you'd want to make sure that your marriage is in tact before attempting to move forward. Hard to believe he could be so stubborn that he could give you the silent treatment for 9 days. I really hope that you're able to work it all out.

RunningWithScissors - It's very nice to have you. You're the first IUI on the thread. I've never done that procedure so it will be fun learning new things. You said that you will be using donor sperm. In other threads, I've read that finding donor sperm in Australia can be difficult. Is that really true? Sorry if that is too personal, I just love to learn new things and how things are different between there and here. BTW, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your signature, "Daddy" means LOVE, not sperm. That is FABULOUS!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Forever

Not too personal at all, I'm happy to share
    I've heard that too, but we haven't had a problem at all, in fact I've got the list in front of me now and theres 18 caucasian donors to choose from! There are separate lists for other nationalities so there are more too.
    The last list we got had even more donors but they have been used up in the year we have had it so it seems to be a good supply of them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!

Runningwithscissors – Hello & welcome! I am also using a donor. We have a known donor who we found on the net, we have met him a couple of times and he seems great!
    Did you pick a donor that had similar characteristics to your DH?
    Good luck with your cycle, I hope all goes well for you!

Forever27 – I hope the pill popping is going well for you!

Lindylou – I am so sorry that DH is acting like a child! I am also sorry that you had to cancel your FET but I think you have done the right thing. I hope the counselling goes well and you can sort all of this out with him.

Bronte72 – How is the wait for your cycle going?

Spud – Has AF arrived yet?

Wifemommyme – I hope the injections are going well! Your Doctor sounds amazing and very nice!

Pippi – Hello! I really hope this cycle is the one for you! Good luck!

Hello to anyone I have missed!

AFM – still no AF. DH phoned the clinic yesterday and if I don’t have AF next week I will need to go in for some BT’s. It feels like she is coming (although I have had this feeling for weeks).
    I have booked holidays at work for when I do my FET, hopefully without the stress of work this may help my cycle a little.
    I have decided not to join the gym but have started Yoga & Pilates. I have bought a couple of DVD’s so that I can do them at home whenever I want.
    Till doing well with the eating and noticed that I am actually craving fruit & vegetables which I never do!

Good luck to everyone and to us all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya Puffsgirl
    Thanks for the welcome It's cool to find another person using donor sperm...it seems to be a taboo subject, even though I heard that 1 in 8 couples with MFI have to use it!
    Yep we have chosen 3 donors (in case we get to the treatment and one is unavailable) that have DHs hair, eye and skin colour as well as similar height and build, he is 193cm tall so it's tricky to get one THAT tall! The FS has advised against us using someone too big as I'm quite small, so we have chosen them around the 180cm mark.

I should start exercising too...but I'm notoriously lazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!!

I am really sick with a nasty cold atm. I have also been very emotional this week. A girl who I am close with went on maternity leave today and she went through IVF. I have no one to turn to whenever I can and understanding where I am coming from.

It is her baby shower tomorrow and I have organised all the games. It should be loads of fun and laughter! Which will cheer me up

Have a great weekend everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

A heads up for everyone, Patience is not my forte!

After almost 2 years of TTC, including 14 months in fertility clinics, I still have yet to find a way to deal with the waiting!

I keep counting days on the calendar as if perhaps a day may have passed since the last time I looked...3 hours ago!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morn ladies,

Hope everyone had a good weekend, mine was busy buying crap i don't really need at Ikea and Costco (forever27 we fell in love with Costco when we were last in USA with friends sad i know!).

Bronte - good luck with this cycle hope it all goes well.

Lindylou - really hope ur DH comes around, and hope counselling helps him see how his behaviour is affecting you. Thinking of you and sending lots of love.

Runningwithscissors - and good luck with ur first IUI.

Forever27 and wifemummyme - hope its all going well and your enjoying the last of your summer.

puffgirls - hope your AF comes soon and the BT are all ok. Yay for your exercise about relaxation, i took similar approach and started swimming.

Pippi - hope ur feeling better soon and resting heaps. That's so lovely of you to organise the baby shower, i know it will be heaps of fun but also remember to take extra special care of yourself afterwards too.

to all the other ladies hi there and hope time is travelling fast.

AFM - AF finally showed, so now taking letrozole to help with everything, scan next tue and hopefully things all good and FET will be soon after.