+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Forever, so glad things are still on track, you've had more than enough setbacks!

RWS, so nice about your sister!! So funny though that she didn't know anything until she was 17wks, that must be amazing in some way, no constant worry about something happening!!

Shazzymoo, sounds like everything is going well for you too. EPU must be soon, good luck!

AFM, FET is confirmed for wednesday My lining had only grown from 7.3 to 8 in a week but clearly the FS thinks it's fine, so I'm starting pessaries and will start clexane after transfer. Anyone have experience with clexane? It's my first time and i'm a little apprehensive, so any tips would be great...
    Last edited by chicparis; 14-11-2011 at 01:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    RWS- Glad to hear the Zofran is working wonders for you and congrats on being an aunty-to-be!

Forever- sorry to hear your response has been slow to start. Very relieved your cycle wasn't cancelled! I hope the increased dose gets those follies into gear and there's some juicy ones at the next scan

Chicparis- Yay for FET on Wed. With a triple transfer, there's got to be a BFP coming up! I used clexane with my last cycle and it wasn't as bad as I thought. The needles are similar to the trigger shots, so they are a little harder to break the skin with and it does sting when you inject. I used an ice-pack on the spot before & after jabbing, and pain-wise it was fine. They do bruise you very easily, so if you master the art of the bruise-free jab, you have to tell me your secret! I found it easier to jab my upper thighs than my stomach.

Shazzymoo- sending lots of growing vibes to your follies , have you had an US yet? Hope the numbers are fantastic!

Puffsgirl- I hope everything is OK. I saw your separate thread on low prog, but afraid I don't have any advice. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask for some crinone or pessaries.

Jesmon- thanks for popping in with your kind words!

Hi to anyone else still following

AFM- I saw my FS and got things underway for a late Dec/early Jan cycle. This time we are doing PGD to genetically test the embies, so that only 'normal' ones are selected for ET. This increases the success rate to 80% at my clinic, so hopefully this is the tool we need to finally kick infertility's a$$! Just have to pray that we get at least one normal embie... with 7 blasties transferred so far, my FS thinks it may be a chromosome issue that's causing the BFNs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindyloo, Thanks for your help with the clexane. I've been told to inject on the side of the stomach, more to the side compared to the other injections done around the bellybutton. They didn't say I could do it in my thigh, that would be more comfortable though I would imagine. I'm not too worried about the bruising, more the size of needle (I'm a phobic) and the pain. Another bubhubber told me it was the worst of all injections, so she got me really nervous!! For me, Ovidrel wasn't bad at all, so anything like that would be fine, as long as I know in advance to expect a sting/burning sensation from the liquid. I've had that with Decapeptil injections (instead of synarel, had to take those for 4 wks).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry no personals this time. Just got the official call that my cycle is canceled. My estrogen isn't raising enough. Even though my lining is doing well, I only have about 5 decent follicles and with the estrogen as low as it is, they're probably not the greatest follicles. As you can imagine, I'm upset, shocked (being as this has never happened to me before), and completely dizzy. The FS is suggesting a flare protocol next time, that is if there is a next time. The clinic shuts down for transfers in Dec so I'd have to wait until next year. It seems we have a lot to discuss at this point. I'll still be checking in on you guys and looking forward to hearing good things. to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forever, I'm so sorry you've been dealt another setback , sending huge cyber hugs to you . I hope you get some answers as to why your E2 didn't rise and hope you will be able to try again in 2012.

Thanks
    Reviews
    RWS - must be exciting to be going pregnancy at the same time as your sister. What a special time for you both.

Forever - Bummer! After all you've had to endure - it was sounding positive! I think that I am just as shocked as you. I was kinda looking forward to being in the TWW with you. Hugs to you.

Chicparis - good luck with your FET tomorrow. Triple transfer - wow girl - something's got to stick!! Will be thinking of you. Have not had any experience with clexane...so sorry I'm no help there.

Lindylou - sounds like a good plan to go with the PGD - it sounds like an interesting option that I may consider in the future. I'll be interested in your thoughts when all systems are go.

Hey to everyone else - hope you're doing well!

AFM - Going for scan tomorrow am. Have to leave home at 6:00am to make an 8:00am appt - man.... just as well I get a good sleep under GA during EPU! My belly this time round is bruised and stippled with red dots from my injections - nothing like last time. I think the bruises are from the rachet action of the puregon pens - it is really hard to keep the needle in and push the end down when giving such a high dose...anyways ...nearly there... will just have pregnyl injections from tomorrow...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forever, I can't believe your cycle has been cancelled!!! it's so unfair, you so deserve a break, I'm so sorry I hope you can use the time before your next cycle to figure out what happened and how to get good results next time.

Shazymoo, good luck with the scan, I hope all is on track and you're ready for EPU soon.

FET is tomorrow very excited, but nervous about the clexane...just have to keep telling myself it's all for a good cause!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey girls!

Chic - Good luck today!!!

Lindy - We had a look at PGD too (prior to finding out DH had no swimmers of course) and it seems like a great little option.

Forever - no words, just heaps of

Shazzy - Good luck with your scan...thats a hell of a drive!

AFM - The nausea has settled from the horror that it was, but its still pretty bad I'm using maxolon when its not too bad and the zofran when its unbearable.
    I broke out in spots on Monday on the way to my maternal serum test... I freaked out, thought they were chicken pox or rubella and went to the GP, she seems to think that its allergies even though its never happened to me before. She called in another GP to double check and she agreed it was allergies too. I was given polaramine and sigmacort which are safe... I checked with the GP, the pharmacist and then called the OB when I got home... Paranoid or what!
    We have also reserved 3 vials of sperm from the same donor for future cycles! That excites me for some reason

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry, me post!!
    what a day I've had!! First my FS called to tell me he had an emergency and wouldn't be doing the transfer but his colleague would. Then, they made us wait about 3 and a half hours for our turn as they were running late and there were about 8-10 transfers going on today! When we finally had our turn, the FS told us that out of our last 3embies, only one had made the thaw but with just under 30% loss of cells (was frozen at 7cells and came out with only 5cells) but anything up to 50% loss they'll still transfer. Needless to say, when I heard that I broke down...The rest of the procedure was a bit of a haze for me, was not paying attention at all.
    We'd been so hopeful that something good would happen this cycle, but I feel like all my hopes just got shattered. I also feel that I am going through the hurdle of the clexane injections for nothing...

I know I always tell fellow IVFers that it only takes one, and even the crappiest embies still turn into beautiful babies, but right now, I just feel low. It's the first time in 6 transfers that I feel this way...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bummed

Chicparis - sorry to hear about the embies . Don't forget you have youth on your side... and you are completely right... it only takes one. Keep your chin up and stay positive... this still could be the cycle you never know!

RWS - Glad to hear you've got the MS under control - bummer about the allergies though.

Forever - Forever - I completely know and understand how you are feeling.
    we may have more in common than I first thought (fill you in below) ...

AFM - Scan yesterday did not go well. When FS put me up on the table and looked - he could only find 1 follicle there were none on RHS (I could even see there was nothing). He went back over my notes and said that he thought that I probably have "an egg problem" and this cycle would have to be cancelled. Apparently my E2 levels on day 3 of injections was only 35 whereas last time it was 275. I asked if it could be stress - he said stress affects everyone differently and that it was impossible to tell what the effects were.
    I am really confused as I don't understand how or why the levels could vary so much given the cycles were pretty much done back to back. He told me that we could try one more cycle and put everything into it (ie.oestrogen support and max FSH and NO STRESS) and after that - if that didn't work we could consider a donor egg. Needless to say I was devastated and spent a good hour with the nurse talking about a range of things.
    So for me... time for some careful consideration of priorities and an action plan to move forward. While I was in town yesterday I bought a book on infertility by Dr Sandra Cabot - to see if it offered answers (points to premature ovarian failure - possibly linked to immune response). After reading it and relearning about hormones (trained as a biologist) I came up with the following:
    • FSH could have been bad (?)
    • I have no eggs in reserve (proven not so in last cycle)
    • stress hormones interferring with action /reception of FSH
    • immune disorder not yet uncovered
    I know I am over-analysing but it helps me to try and work out what went wrong rather than thinking that I can't do anything about it.

Has anyone here sought alternative help like natropath or chinese medicine?
    Would be interested to know.