+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies!
    I am new to this website and have found it to be a wealth of information, resources and knowledge thanks to all the lovely ladies in the same boat!

I will be starting my 5th stim cycle hopefully in sept or oct. I recently had my 5th BFN in July and have had lap/hysteroscopy etc last week for further investigations.
    Found to have adhesions and some endo which I have never had ever! Oh well just them finding something gives you hope for future cycles. I am waiting for follow up appointment with my FS to discuss future options.

So hopefully I will continue to post and keep up with how you are all going. It is nice to find bub hub and share experiences with people who know exactly what you are going through! Now the mission is to lose some of the dreaded ivf weight that I have gained and get myself fit and healthy and raring to go come sept/oct.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bronte – Welcome! I hope your next cycle is successful and enjoy keeping fit!

Lindylou – Ed is Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam. I have a huge crush on him. Still haven’t made it to the gym. Work has been crazy ( I know excuses, excuses) and am struggling to find a time when an instructor is there.
    I hope the gym is working well for you! I hope your appointment goes well!

Lola – I hope you have fun on your trip!

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies. Am sitting here on bh and it's almost 10pm and only just getting dark. Aaaaahhh, summer! Flight was ok - both planes were half empty so had room to stretch out. DS slept for about 7-8 hours on the first leg and about 1.5 hrs on the 2nd. If only I could have - I was either uncomfortable or sitting watching him so he didn't roll off the seat in his sleep.

Welcome bronte! I think we all hear you on the Ivf weight gain. I'm amazed how much my tummy went down after my m/c. Hormones have soooo much impact on weight gain!

I didn't start the bodytrim as it turns out the dress fitted. I thought it probably wasn't a good idea to drop 5kg and then have it be loose! Will start it when I get back though.

Hope everyone else is ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou78 - YAY, you got the quote. I wasn't sure anyone would remember that movie. It sounds like you've had your share of frustration too. It's frustrating beyond words when doctors don't listen to their patients. I'm so glad you moved onto someone who finally listened and cared enough to search further. This one's going to work for you. It's time!

Yes, I'm an American. When I started the IVF journey in 2008 I searched the web for a forum I liked. After reading many, I decided I liked Bubhub the best. It seemed to have a great group of women and the functionality of the site was better than all the others. After years of being on this forum, it turns out I was right, the women are fabulous. And it's been great getting to learn about Australia too. When our last cycle didn't work, we just had to go over and meet all the lovely women who had been supporting us for so long. It was a trip of a lifetime. Everyone was even sweeter than I had even imagined, including Lola. What a sweetheart she is.

I'm really impressed that you were able to cycle without gaining any weight. How did you pull that off? I'd love to not gain any weight this cycle if I could.

Welcome Puffsgirl1! I'm glad you've joined us. How does one go about getting a needle stick injury? Are you in the medical field?

I'm so very sorry about your miscarriage. That's so not fair. You have every right to have a pity party. In fact I think their necessary in order to move on emotionally and be ready to kick some a$$. Happy belated birthday. I'm sorry it wasn't the birthday you had planned. I know exactly how that is. I found out that my last transfer didn't work on my birthday. It was devastating! Believe me, I wasn't positive that day. But it was having such a low, low that made me take the bull by the horns and say enough is enough. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be in such a fighting state of mind. It sounds like you have the right plan in place. I did the same thing and have now lost almost 25lbs. I could still stand to lose at least 15 more, but am quite happy with the progress I've made and think it will help with the next cycle too.

Lindylou78 - You're right, I have been quiet. Sorry. I've been out of town for several weeks visiting family. I went to a wedding and then spent the last 2 weeks working on converting my sister's one car garage into a guest house. That way if she's the one to get knocked up, I'll have a place to stay when I go for long visits to help her. We worked our tails off in 100+ degree heat but I think the end result was worth it. And it's nice to know that I will have a place to stay where I won't be putting my sister out when I come to visit.

Glad to hear that you have your appt all set. I bet you can't wait to get things rolling. I know exactly what you mean about being bothered that it didn't stick. I'm pretty sure I had a very early chemical with my last transfer due to hormones not being consistent. So glad you have a plan in place for next cycle. I'm sure it will help you start feeling with more confidence. It's so hard not to look back in frustration when things don't work out they way they should.

Bronte72 - Welcome! You've picked a fabulous site to join. You're right about all of it. I hope you settle in and find your self at home like I did.

So sorry to hear that you've had such a struggle with infertility too. 5 cycles is a lot to endure. We'll be here for you through your next one and hopefully we'll all end up with our BFP's this time. Getting fit is a great plan. It sounds like we're all very much in the same place. It's great that we all have each other for support.

Lola77 - So glad the dress fit. I loved the photos you posted on FB. What beautiful dresses they were. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get a chance. I just love weddings. And the behind the scenes stories are usually even better than the wedding itself.

AFM - My sister and I are now officially started. We're both on BCPs and it sounds like she'll start her lupron shots next week. I don't have all the dates yet, but the nurse said she thought that the transfer would be sometime mid Sept. Now I just have to make sure that we both remember to take our pills and shots everyday. With my sister having 5 kiddos to look after I wonder how much of a challenge that will be for her. Speaking of, my sister signed up for BH while I was visiting her and she's planning on posting with us on this thread. I can't wait for you guys to e-meet her. She's AMAZING!!! I may be a little biased though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Forever27 – I am a nurse and I got the needle stick injury at work. The needle was just like a Gonal F one so I put the cap back on to take the needle off and it broke through the cap and got my thumb.

Congrats on getting fit and losing weight! You sound like you are very motivated, pity you couldn’t pass some onto me.

Your sister sounds like an amazing person to help you have a baby! I really hope you get a BFP first go!

Lola – I hope your holiday is going well!

Lindylou – How are you going?

Bronte72 – I hope things are going well with you!

AFM – I turned a corner infertility wise the other day. I had to look after a newborn at work and spent quiet a few hours with her feeding her and settling her and I didn’t cry once and had a huge grin on my face all night! I couldn’t of done that a couple of weeks ago!

I haven’t been on here much as I am trying to get my life back to my pre IVF days.
    I have been kept busy reading books, listening to music and cooking. I have 4 concerts to go to before the end of the year and are really looking forward to that.

I hope everyone is well!
    to us all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    puffs - OUCH!!! That sounds painful You nurses have all the fun!

Glad to hear that you feel like you've turned the corner. It sounds like you're in a great place for your upcoming cycle. Glad to hear that you're enjoying life. We can't let this IVF junk keep us from having fun.

AFM - Just got off the phone with my IVF/Donor nurse. Unfortunately because this is considered a donor cycle, I have to have a donor nurse. I LOVE my old IVF nurse. She was so easy to talk to and really listened to us. This new nurse on the other hand has something in her head and doesn't want to budge from it. She was putting together our calendars and I asked her to tweak it a little knowing that I would need more than 10 days to stim. She acted as if I was asking for the moon. We went round and round for several minutes before she finally said, "Ok, I'll take a look at it and see what I can do." Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it made me worry for what it could be like as things move along. I've already had 3 or 4 other yellow lights flash from previous conversations when she seemed to forget my case. I really hope things get better, not worse. Pray for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Forever- I thinks its fantastic you've found yourself a home here on BH and actually made the long trip down under to meet your cycle buddies. That would have been so amazing! I went to the US for the first time in May this year, it was a work trip that took me to Baton Rouge LA, Chesterfield MO (near St Louis) and Germantown WI (near Milwaukee). Loved all of those places, but the most incredible sight was Baton Rouge with a near-bursting Mississippi. I will definitely go back for a proper vacation with my DH someday.

I was amazed that I didn't gain any weight that last cycle, especially as I was so bloated. I've been on a grain-free diet (no bread, pasta, cereals, rice, noodles, etc) since April, but I eat chocolate almost daily and potato chips/fries once or twice a week. I think by cutting out the refined carbs it may have improved my metabolism? My Endocrinologist put me on this diet to help my sluggish thyroid.

The new guest room is a great idea. Well done for working through the heatwave! I love hot summer days, but I would've died moving furniture and renovating in those temps.

Oh I didn't realise your sis was donating her eggs as well, what a wonderfully selfless and generous woman she is . I look forward to e-meeting her on our thread! Yay for having your cycles underway . Sorry to hear your nurse has been difficult, hopefully she was just having a bad day and she'll be nice as pie from now on.

Bronte- Hi and welcome! It is quite bittersweet when you have the lap and they find something you had no idea was there, the same happened to me. Now with those issues resolved, I hope your 6th ET is the lucky one you've been waiting for! Have you succeeded in keeping to a diet/exercise plan so far?

Puffsgirl- I totally did not recognise Eddie Vedder in that pic, must be the full beard! Makes him look quite Russell Crowe-ish. I was a HUGE Pearl Jam fan, and saw them live at Eastern Creek raceway in 1995 (the Vitalogy tour). Still one of my fave concerts to this day! For some reason I never 'got into' any of their albums after Vitalogy. My ring tone on my mobile is Even Flow . Hope you managed to get in some gym time, forming new habits is hard work!

Lola- are you back on home ground yet? Hope you had a blast at the wedding and a safe trip home. Do you have a start date for your next cycle?

AFM- I believe I O'd on CD 23 (finally!), now just waiting for AF to show up and get the FET cycle going. Because I ovulated so late, I think she'll be here around the 24th/25th Aug. In the meantime its work, work, work... yuk!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

I hope you dont mind me joining I am going to kick some infertility butt again

Just to tell you a little about my self I am 36 I had my first baby in november 2010 our little miracle he was conceived naturally after 5 rounds of ivf/icis all BFN and i had a miscarriage back in back in 2009 .

I have a recipical balanced translocation of chromosome 2 and 15 and I also have a low AMH I have now been on DHEA for two months and I also take coq10 I have also recently found out that I have ademyosis But I am not going to let that stop me from having another beautiful baby and that will complete my family.

I start and Ultra Down Regulation cycle in november I start suppression this month

It has been a long hard journey But I know that we all can do it if we take hold of anything that we can control it puts is in a better place

Good luck girls I can wait to read all the BFPS

Thanks
    Reviews
    lindylou78 - How funny, I was in Australia in May. It sounds like we kept the earth in balance. Of the places you mentioned, I've only been to Chesterfield, MO. Not much to see there, but St. Louis is great. I used to live near there about 10 years ago. It's probably changed a lot since then.

Your diet sounds like it would be a hard one for me to follow. I'm not very good at low carb. I'm so glad you've found a way to make it work and still have some goodies that keep you from feeling like you're completely suffering.

You're right, my sister is a generous woman. She's not donating eggs, but she is donating the use of her uterus. In some ways, I think that's even more generous. I just hope she still loves me after she starts puking.

Lola77 - Are you glad to be back home? I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

liv01 - We're very happy to have you join us. I love seeing that there are other women out there ready to take fertility by the tail. It's exciting to see the lemme atem (That's hick for "let me at them" in case anyone was wondering) attitude. Am I understanding you correctly? You'll be starting suppression this month, but you won't actually get to start IVF until NOVEMBER???? I've never heard of anything like this. I'd love to know more. Please educate me.

AFM - Very excited to know that things are progressing as they should. We've been waiting for so many months to get started it almost seems surreal that we're actually just 5-6 weeks away from a transfer. If it weren't for the FDA regulations and our clinic taking the safe route, we would have started months ago. They made us wait 6 months to quarantine my DH's sperm to make sure he didn't have any diseases he could give my sister. September 1st will be the end of the 6 months and my DH will get to do the last blood test to prove that he's healthy. I'm so glad that we're able to start the down reg part before that blood test at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most threads roll calls place people in categories, but I find it easier to track when people are alphabetical. So I've created the roll call and now all you'll need to do is copy and paste the latest and make an update to your status. I hope this works okay for you guys.

Let's kick some infertility tail!!!

Bronte72 - Fresh Cycle - Getting healthy, Waiting for green light (hopefully Sept or Oct)

Forever27 - Fresh Cycle - Popping Pills

Lindylou78 - FET Cycle - Waiting for AF (probably Aug 24 or 25th)

Liv01 - Fresh Cycle - Waiting for AF to start suppression

Lola77 - Fresh Cycle - Waiting for green light

Puffsgirl11 - FET Cycle - Getting healthy, Waiting for green light

WifeMommyMe - GC Fresh Cycle - pill popping, start lupron Aug 16th
    Last edited by Forever27; 16-08-2011 at 05:49.