+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry but just realized an important msg that I missed!
    Forever- just wanted to say, I realize that the docs know best and all that but just thought I would share my story. I was found to have a cyst on my ovary when I was 5 weeks pregnant and it measured 3cm. By my 12 week scan it measured about 10cm. My obstetrician insisted the cyst come out as it was restricting the room my baby had to grow. At 16 weeks I was rushed to hospital in agony and the cyst was removed in an emergency op. Turned out the cyst was 20cm!!! They tested it and it was cancer!!! I had chemo and was lucky to give birth to a healthy baby boy despite all the complications. I'm not trying to freak you out and it is highly unlikely that your cyst is anything like mine, but just be sure that the docs keep a very close eye on it. Even just to make sure it doest grow and cause problems for you when you DO become pregnant. Having said all this, some people have cysts for ever without any problems. Fingers crossed it will just go away on it's own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OBD - Gosh it hasn't been 24 hours and I'm almost mad! I don't know how I'll last 2 weeks
    I'm obsessed with google too... I'm always here googling everything I can!

chicparis - It's kinda cool to think if we all get BFPs this cycle we will all be due at the same time

Lola - cramps are pretty much all gone A little tender in the belly but otherwise it's just nerves
    You will have to share pics of your Hoot cake!

Shazie - Yay for O! I haven't done acupuncture, but I've read stories that women swear by it!

AFM - Going mad Trying to occupy myself by thinking about camping in a few weeks..we leave on the 3rd Oct.
    I was told that my BT is the 12th DPIUI which makes it the 1st ... Does anyone know if its just the one BT or are there repeat ones to check for rising levels??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ShazieB- Yay for FET on Sat! To answer your earlier question on thawing, to my knowledge the majority of embies do thaw healthily because the criteria to freeze them is so strict. Hopefully your little blast will thaw beautifully . Acupuncture is shown to be most effective when you have it pre & post ET (like Shazzymoo did), and its best to find a clinic that has experience with IVF patients.

Shazzymoo- WOO-HOO, congrats on being PUPO! Sounds like a lovely embie you've got on board

Our Baby Dream- I hope this will be a better week at work for you. So happy to hear AF showed and you've started jabbing, yay! One of my fellow Sydney IVFers had 2 day embies transferred and she was UTD first go. Some FS have the philosophy that embies are better off in their natural habitat ASAP, rather than in the dish.

Bronte- the weekend away sounds wonderful, just the thing to de-stress. Hope those follies are growing nicely and you have good news to report on Thurs

Forever- that damn cyst is really overstaying its welcome, grrr! You are much calmer about it than I would be! Since the 27th is such a great date, I hope the news that it brings is equally as great

Spud- oh dear, a cyst for you too, that really sucks . I'm with you on having it surgically removed if possible, but hopefully that won't be necessary. You poor thing having an internal on CD3, how unpleasant. The indignities of IVF hey?

RWS- wow your DH was brave watching things at the business end! I worry that if DH looks, that clinical setting will burn into his brain and ruin our sex life . We all go nuts and google to death in the TWW, it must be even more nerve-wracking for you because you don't even know if an embie has been created . Hopefully those swimmers have found your eggs and are getting busy with fertilisation right this minute! If you get a positive BT, there is usually a follow up BT the week after. However, some clinics don't bother if your 1st BT is over 200.

Chicparis- we def need the roll call updated , I'll give it a crack. Hope you're surviving the TWW without too much madness!

Lola- hope you've got a great bunch of follies growing away! Best of luck with your cake making, hope it turns out the way you want it to.

Puffsgirl- long time, no post! Hope you've been well. Any closer to getting started?

Hi to anyone I've missed

AFM- Had a great weekend out & about with DH. Sat night we went to the city for an overnight date, had dinner in a trendy restaurant and spent the night in a pretty flash hotel room . Sun morning we checked out and did the Syd Harbour Bridgeclimb which was fantastic. AF was due Sun, so I was praying she wouldn't show early and spoil our date night... but now its Tues and still no sign of her!

Thanks
    Reviews

Let's kick some infertility tail!!!

Bronte72 - Fresh Cycle - Jabbing, BT & U/S Sep 22

Chicparis - FET Cycle - in the TWW, ET sept 12, Hcg BT sept 26

Forever27 - Fresh Cycle - Popping Pills, sono Sept 27th to see if cyst has shrunk

GottaBeCrazy - Fresh Cycle - Probably Nov/Dec

Lindylou78 - FET Cycle - Waiting for AF

Liv01 - Fresh Cycle - Suppressing until mid November

Lola77 - Fresh Cycle - Jabbing, next BT Sep 22

Our Baby Dream - Fresh & Frozen w/ Donor Sperm - Jabbing, next BT & U/S Sep 21st, EPU ~Sept 28th

Pippi01 - Fresh Cycle - waiting for AF

Puffsgirl11 - FET Cycle - Getting healthy, Waiting for green light

RunningWithScissors -IUI with Donor Sperm - in the TWW, IUI Sep 19th, BT Oct 1st

ShazieB -FET Cycle- Transfer on Sep 24th

Shazzymoo - Fresh Cycle- in the TWW, ET Sep 19th, BT Oct 3rd?

Spud - FET Cycle - Waiting for cyst to resolve

WifeMommyMe - GC Fresh Cycle -Lupron & Estrodial

Shazzymoo- wasn't sure of your BT date, please correct if its not 3rd Oct.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

chicparis  (22-09-2011),Forever27  (21-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    lindylou78 - Thanks so much for updating the role call. I was just about to do it and then found that you had already done it. YAY!!! I also like you're personals. I should just copy and paste them as my own, they're just so well written. Would that be wrong?

ShazieB - I did some googling on cancerous cysts so that I'm a little educated on the matter. Very interesting reading. Thanks so much for your concern and bringing it up. When I go in on the 27th, if the cyst has only grown larger, I'll talk to my FS about the concern. I seriously doubt that there's anything to worry about since it's a functional cyst that only came about because of the low dose birth control that kept me from ovulating. But I won't blow off your comment either. Always better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully the 27th will prove to be a great day for us and we can start to move forward again.

RWS - You're so right! The 2ww is absolutely horrible!!!! Even when I've tried to distract myself with movies and games, it still seems to drag on and on and on. I hope you still have hair at your blood test.

Lola - Well, we picked that day for the scan. The doc wanted us to come back in a week but we figured we'd give it a few more days to shrink so we went with the 27th. Of course. Glad to hear that you're jabbing already. That's awesome! Looking forward to hearing how things go on Thurs. Leave it to you to go above and beyond with the birthday cake. I hope you post pics on FB. I'd love to see it.

Congrats to Shazzymoo, RWS, and Chicparis for being PUPO!!! VERY, VERY EXCITING!!!!
    Last edited by Forever27; 21-09-2011 at 07:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou - I did wonder about that... DH hasn't been near me since he saw it but he is as nervous as I am about this working!
    Yes, I'm so worried about it not eve being an embie I keep think I've got extra work to do
    Sounds like you had a lovely time away You are braver than I, I would not dare to do the bridge climb! Thank goodness AF stayed away for you! Just hope she shows up soon now!

Forever - Ugh, I'll probably be bald and skinny! I can't eat when I'm nervous and its not a good thing right now...any other time I'd be over joyed at the thought of losing a bit of weight

AFM - Not coping well actually.... I'm constantly wondering if the egg/s have even fertilised, I read than implantation doesn't occur until 5-10 days after fertilisation which means that there may not be an embie at all
    I've started feeling badly about this...like it won't work. I know that's awful and I should be positive... I wonder if it's because I know I have 'extra work' to do, and that I can't feel a thing, or do anything to help fertilisation
    And I blame the Pregnyl for making me tired and emotional! Anyone know how long it lasts??
    I spoke to the nurse and BT will be the 3rd... kinda threw a spanner in the works as we leave that day for camping Have to scoot in at 7.30am!
    I can't cancel that, aside from it being booked...its for the kids, we were supposed to go to Fiji but the $$ has gone to the IUI's. We have one of my best friends and her kiddies coming too
    AF is due on the 3rd too... at least if she shows up I'll be able to have a drink or two while away to drown my sorrows!

Enjoy your day ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    RWS - I found an article back in January that said that women who laughed more during the first few days after transfer had a better success rate. They actually sent in clowns to the clinics on the transfer days for the study. Rather interesting. Maybe you could find a good joke book or watch a few funny movies to make you laugh. Just a thought. It might even help with your stress level too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds interesting Forever! I'm going to google now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forever- I'll take it as a compliment if you copy my personals, or easier still, just say "ditto" . I agree with the laughter thing, on my way home from last ET we drove past a sports therapy clinic where years ago DH was having treatment for a neck injury. They put suction cups on him & hooked him up to this machine, then left him to relax. He fell asleep & when he woke the place was dark & everyone was gone- they had totally forgotten him! And he had these dark red circles all over where the suction cups had been . I was laughing my head off most of the way home, and I did get a BFP that cycle.

RWS- I wish there was an easy fix for your TWW pain! A 1500 dose of pregnyl takes 3-4 days to leave your system (on average), but it does depend on your metabolism. Its awful how it mimics pregnancy symptoms and sends you insane. Definitely try a funny DVD . Have you read the sticky thread about IVF and the funny times? You should get a few giggles out of that too.

Hi everyone else . No news from me, CD 31 today and still no AF... any minute now surely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone

Chicparis - Not long till the BT now.... hope the 2ww is treating you well lots of

Lola77 – Good luck with the blood test tomorrow

ShazieB – Yay for FET Saturday. I have also been considering acupuncture but never done anything about it.

RWS – I can only imagine how insane you are going atm. I hope it goes real quick... Do you plan to do a HPT? lots of for you.

Lindylou78 - Your weekend sounds just lovely. I have always wanted to do the bridge climb too. Also good work with updating the roll call
    Lots of positive thoughts AF is on it’s way.

AFM - Had my scan and blood test today. Get the result for blood test tomorrow hopefully all good. At this stage I have 8 follies. They moved my Puregon to 175iu and started Orgalutran today for 6 days. Have another scan and bloods Monday and EPU Wednesday .....eek it happening.
    Doctor went through the pros and cons for 2-5 day transfers... much relaxed with the day 2 transfers now.
    My frozen eggs and donor sperm also arrived at the clinic yesterday

Speak to you soon ladies take care