+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've never had that either Pippi Can you call your nurse to find out what it could mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone,

Bronte72 – Hope the last night shift goes quick tonight. Hoping AF shows up soon.

Chicparis - Welcome to the group. How did the scan and blood test go today?

Forever27 – You are doing a wonderful job of keeping the tracker up to date. Your date today sounds lovely. Can’t beat a good old cheeseburger.

Lets hope that cyst goes down next week and get on track for October.

Lindylou78 – Nice to know you keep up the exercise. Is boot camp hard?

I spoke to the nurse about exercise and her advice was don’t do anything thing you think you might regret or change if we get a negative result. Even through she said it's fine to do things as per normal. Think i might keep to walking the dog at night and cut down a little on jogging. This week lost 300g... my own fault for eating crap. But a loss is a loss I guess.

Fantastic news about the counselling session with DH. Yay for October!!!! When DH and I had counselling for using donor we really enjoyed the open forum. Really helped keep everything open and relaxed.

RWS – Woo Hoo for AF showing up a day early. Happy jabbing from tomorrow morning.

Pippi - Bugger for AF not showing her head yet. I have had a similar. My period was MIA for 80 plus days due to PCOS. I then had brown spotting for 2 weeks bleed for 1 week and then further brown spotting for 1 week... lets say it was a very long and frustrating 4 weeks.

Can you FS do any tests to see when it should be due?

AFM - Nothing new just waiting to stop pill on Sunday and wait for AF. Looking forward to tomorrow to star the weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay for good counseling session!! It is good to hear that things have moved forward!

I will call the nurse tomorrow, I don't think they can do much but I will feel better if I talk to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and a big hello chicparis!! Nice to see u here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning Ladies!

Cold, very wet and windy here in Melbourne today!

I hope your nurse can answer your questions today Pippi!

I called my nurse just now, waiting on a call back to confirm the start of jabbing. I'm guessing it will be tomorrow night as she told me at the appointment that they start on the second day of full flow before 6pm... yesterday was only very light and it didn't hit a heavy flow until this morning (even though the cramps last night seem to disagree!).

I can't believe I'm here talking about AF and flows and getting excited about it I suppose that's infertility for you! I'll never forget our first ever appointment.. the FS asked us if I "dribble" after DH pulls out after DTD.. I was like Poor DH couldn't even speak
    Oh how far we have come!!

Enjoy the last working day of the week Ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks RWS!

I did speak to the nurse and I got a different one. Thank god as the other one would want me to have a natural bleed. The nurse spoke to my FS and on Monday they are going to fax a script to my local chemist (I think) to get Primolut to bring on AF! So I don't miss out on my October cycle. This nurse also told me that I need my AF by the 18th but the nurse I spoke to the other day said I need it by the 12th. Who knows!! I feel better now! I put money on it that I will get AF by Monday now!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First Stim Cycle

Hi Everyone,

I have started my first cycle and am feeling a bit isloated (I live in regional NQld) and am currently 6 days out from EPU.
    I was started on 225iu of gonal f (2nd Sept) for the first 5 days and after BT was bumped up to 300iu. I started cetrotide 250mcg yesterday and I have a scan Tues 13th with EPU scheduled for Thursday.
    Anyone else timed about the same? I could use a bit of friendly chat with others going through the same thing.

Cheers,

Shazzymoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats great Pippi! You can relax a little now
    Yes, AF will probably arrive 20 minutes AFTER you pick up the script from the pharmacy

Welcome Shazzymoo! Good luck wit your upcoming Scan and EPU

I spoke to my nurse, definitely start injecting tomorrow night. BT booked for Wed 14th too and scan is tentatively booked for Friday 16th, thats the same day as DS's Confirmation, I hope it doesn't clash! It shouldn't as Church starts at 7.30pm.
    I asked what the chances over over-stiming is and she couldn't tell me... I already knew that, but thought I'd ask anyway! She really is lovely..which is good because I'm one of those people who ask a million questions

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

Shazzymoo  (15-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default May I join you guys?

Hi everyone,
    I recognize some of you ladies from the July IVF group, i was pretty shattered for a long time that my first cycle was a BFN, but am now in a really good place and ready to mingle again!

I hope nobody minds me jumping on board, I found the July group really helpful throughout the process, even though I suck at the personals, I always read where everyone is at.

A bit about me, I was diagnose with ovarian cancer when I was 16 weeks pregnant. I had one ovary removed and had 5 rounds of chemo. We were very lucky to give birth to a beautiful baby boy despite the trauma he went through. DS is now 2 years old. After DS was born My oncologist suggested that we start trying for another baby asap as he very strongly recommended a hysterectomy asap to ensure the cancer does not return. After months of trying with no success, we had some test done and found that due to the chemo, i have very low ovary function. We did a stim cycle in July = BFN. We have 3 embies frozen and so we will try until we have no more embies, and if it doesnt work, we will take that as a sign that we were destined to spoil our little man with double the love!
    So thats about it, I am about to start testing for ovulation tomorrow and am glad to get this cycle going!

Good luck to all, I look forward to following everyones progress! to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome ShazieB Good luck with your upcoming journey

Hope everyone is having a lovely Monday morning!

I've done 2 jabs so far, 3rd tonight. It was SO easy, I don't even know what I was worried about! I was really hesitant for the first one.. DH's best mate had come down from interstate, and popped over right around our chosen injection time. I was trying to be all cool, calm and collected and told DH to stay with him and enjoy his visit, but as soon as I grabbed the kit and walked into the bedroom Dh was right there I love him!
    I loaded it up and went to touch it to my skin and it just slid right in! I didn't mean for it to go in but it was so smooth and I didn't even feel it. DH just about fainted, and he kept asking me if I was ok and asked if I needed help to walk The poor darling won't last through a labour!

It does sting a bit a few minutes after the jabs, but that goes after 5 minutes too. And I've got tiny little bruises...we are going to make them go around my belly in a smiliey face Might as well have a little fun with it right? And it'll be a cute pic for bub if this cycle is successful!

I've had no side effects so far, probably the tiny dose I'm on, but it's a little relief being able to think that it's not stimulating my ovaries too much