+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default HUGE VENT: So over it!!!

Hey everyone,

I just need to vent for a minute or two here.

I am SO SICK of always being unwell! If it isn't me, it's DD! It's at the point where we're sick so often that I've been accused of being "the boy who cried wolf"!!!!!

I have extreme gas in my stomach. If I eat anything, I end up bloated enough to look 6 months pregnant, have bubbles so bad that I feel like there's a baby inside kicking me and get intense stomach cramps for hours. NOTHING has fixed this.

I also feel so sick after every meal it isn't funny. Yet I still have a never ending appetite (which I believe is psychological and won't go away until I start counselling).

DD has issues with pooing. We have to have her (yes, a ONE year old) on Movicol-Half (under the hospitals instructions) twice daily for her to ever poo. Daycare didn't give it to her on Monday, she didn't poo until this morning and it was so horribly painful for her, she held it in until I gave her a suppository as she needed to let it out, and you could see the hamerrhoids and blood after the poo was done! I have already been to 2 different GP's and the hospital MULTIPLE times for this! Trying a new GP in a week as that's when I could get an appointment.

I am so tired of seeing my baby in pain. I'm so tired of being in pain myself. I'm over having no energy, and not being able to sleep at night.

I just want us both to be well again!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know exactly where you're coming from.... my dd is 3 now, and she was always going ''normally"".... nothing in her diet changed at all, then before she turned 2 she started getting more and more constipated and i spent so many trips back and forth seeing dr's etc etc, the stuff at the chemist wouldn't even work, the dr's would even prescribe things for me to give her and still NOTHING... she would be lucky to go once every 6-7 days, and believe me, it was agonizing watching her try to ''go''.

she would even bleed, and scream, a couple of times she ended up with a fever, and in the end i said to the dr, ""look, STOP prescribing stuff, it isn't working"" and he referred me to a peadiatrician..... and he did blood tests, they were fine, nothing came up on them, he suggested that i try giving her a full soy diet, even tho she isn't lactose intolorent, he thought maybe she could be lactose ''sensative''.... and to give her a diet high in green veggies, cos that helps too , and OMGGGGG, it made all the difference... he told me to get some ''osmolax'' from the chemist, and i found it has helped at times, has absolutely no flavour,nothing, so it can be disguised in their water/milk... (she had been given the movical as well, and she could still ''taste it"".. i tried it, and even tho the box said flavour free, it wasn't. i tried it in water, and it was disgusting.) couldn't recommend the osmolax enough tho. now i don't need it at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissWinter i wanted to ask - have you both been allergy tested? It wouldn't surprise me if you were coeliac or lactose intolerant or both.

I used to get ill ALL the time - even now, if I am bad & eat more than the tiniest bit of gluten i'll pick up the sniffles within days. Or get a mouth ulcer. My body tells me when I've gone too far! I also used to experience similar digestive symptoms to you before I changed my diet.

It must be unbelievably frustrating for you dealing with being ill yourself & having a sick munchkin. I hope you can find out the root cause & manage it rather than symptoms all the time - its the worst when you dont actually know what is causing all of this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    MissWinter i wanted to ask - have you both been allergy tested? It wouldn't surprise me if you were coeliac or lactose intolerant or both.
    That was my first thought as well. My friend had really bad bloating, gas and stomach pain/cramps and for her it was a gluten intolerance.

I hope your new GP is more supportive and helps get some answers for you. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They have made chocolate movicol now.!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's it, I'm asking for the chocolate stuff for my little man ;-). I know how you feel. My son is the same and people just don't understand

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub