+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i loved the show but i was amazed at all the blood and the s*x scenes - i think they're trying to outdo 'true blood' heh heh.

i thought they should have put the direwolves in it more - you see them a lot in the first couple of episodes and then hardly at all afterwards. maybe too expensive for animal trainers etc!

hey is it just me or did anyone else find the actress who played catelyn stark a bit annoying - i thought her voice was too old and wavery!

Quote Originally Posted by Brood Mare View Post
    I wanted to read the books, but DH has lent them all to his friends.
    waaah what a pain!

Quote Originally Posted by bubbalove83 View Post
    After watching all the series in a weekend. I went & bought all the books because i couldnt wait that long for the Season 2 to come out & wanted to know what happened.
    yes that's exactly what i did ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by aLittleLoopy View Post
    I first read these books years ago! I have re-read all of them about 10 times Needless to say, I love them! I'd love to discuss the books, but it will be a massive spoiler for the show - should there be another thread for us book readers?
    yes great idea - i'll start a thread for book readers! altho i still haven't read all of 'dance with dragons' so maybe we can refrain from mentioning that one in the book thread heh heh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    I read the books then watched the show and now I have the game
    I live under a rock. There's a game????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thrones so much better than Sword of Truth, which I found pretty cheesy and poorly acted. Thrones has some well known English actors and I'd say a much bigger budget - give it a go. Loving yr IT Crowd quote, too ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Aquarius - I have seen all eps and read all the books, so dish away! how about the TV show's surprising Renly and Loras scene! Or was I just thick when I read the book?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi mopeg, omg i was so annoyed how they portrayed renly in the tv show! in the books he is meant to be a famous warrior, a great leader, etc... the tv show made him out to be a wimpy whiner! so not how i pictured him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Aquarius - agreed. He is meant to be a real contender for the throne and beloved of the people. And I know they can't fit everyone into the TV series, but he was a real blink and you miss him character. Quite liked the Jon and Arya actors but thought Sansa looked old - especially next to Joffrey. Lysa was suitably creepy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah i thought they did a great job with jon and arya. yeah sansa did look way older than joffrey. i thought the guy who played varys did a great job, he's exactly how i imagined varys. the actor who played littlefinger was a bit wooden which is a shame coz he has some really good lines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TommysMummy View Post
    I live under a rock. There's a game????
    Yes there is a pc game, I remember buying the books years ago when DS was little and getting hooked forgot about them for a while and now everyone is into it lol. It's awesome. Agree with pp it's nice to see political writing as good as the rift war series I loved that series too (my fathers child in that respect) where has everyone else read up too and I'd really recommend you watch the dancing with dragons episode also to those who want it iTunes has it out

DaughteroftheForest is offline Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Love love love this show! My brother gave me the whole first season to watch and I couldn't tear myself a way. I'll have to get my hands on the books at some point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didnt realise there were books! That is awesome....well just have to go out and spend more money now!