+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    breadroll - i agree, i hated mrs stark in the first book too for the way she treated jon.

emmycatmummy - i agree i really enjoyed all the extra background i got from reading the book. did you see at the end of the first book there is an appendix type thing with all the family trees that tries to make it all a bit clearer!

as an old cougar, my favourite part in the tv show so far has been the scene with the older stark boys standing around with their shirts off waiting to get their hair cut

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so i've watched the whole first season and have moved onto the clash of kings book.. which has started off pretty good.

Have you pplz all finished season 1.. i wanna have chatz but i dont wanna give out spoilerz!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by aquarius View Post
    hey all, i'm watching season 1 on pay tv, ep3 just screened last night! i'm reading the first book as well, i'm totally hooked! i love the girl who plays daenerys tagaryen, she's so beautiful and ethereal. also i love sean bean (ned stark). if you're looking for a tough guy to play a grizzled warrior with a sword, he's your man
    I wonder what the show is rated? From memory the character of daenarys in the book is like 14yrs old.... yet they graphically show her having sex with karl drogo (grown man) in the tv series. I didnt think you could show stuff on tv like that?

Theres another gross scene later on that I wont spoil for you.
    Last edited by BreadRoll; 10-08-2011 at 14:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadRoll View Post
    I wonder what the show is rated? From memory the character of daenarys in the book is like 14yrs old.... yet they graphically show her having sex with karl drogo (grown man) in the tv series. I didnt think you could show stuff on tv like that?

Theres another gross scene later on that I wont spoil for you.
    I think they have upped everyones ages in the series... For obvious reasons. Robb and Jon are only 14/15 in the book, Dany starts at 13, lord stark is 35! I don't think 13 year olds having s3x would have gone down too well with the shows audience...

Breadroll, How are you liking clash of kings? I found it a little slow to start but now I wish I could just keep reading. I enjoy the fact that it's realistic in it's plot. It takes days and days to travel anywhere, just because someone is a main character doesn't mean they won't get hurt or captured, magical loopholes or heroes don't just come along and get them out of bad situations. It's refreshing in a weird kind of way...

**Coming to you live from my iPhone**

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm liking clash of kings although its taken me by surpise a bit. Just when I thought things were going to escalate a lot more, it seems to have slowed down.... might be the calm before the storm though, i'm guessing.

Tyrion only gets better in this book. I love how he decides he's going to do what no one else expects of him. And i love the way he taunted the queen and ridiculed her and incestuous relationship with Jamie to her face. And laughed at her for slapping him. I love that little dwarf... he's played sooo well by that actor whom they cast in GoT series. Although the character in the show isnt nearly as ugly as the character in the book. In the show he's actually quite good looking - for a dwarf.

Dont wanna give too many spoilerz though because i suspect some people on here are only watching the tv show and only watching it as it airs on foxtel.

Yeah one of the great things about the books is it is "real" (as real as fantasy can get). I dont think someone has written kingom-style politics so well since Raymond E Feist started writing his Riftwar series. I also like that its sort of "no holds barred" in terms of what people do to each other. Theres lots of backstabbing and betrayal and the kings put their enemies heads on pikes and all the nasty stuff a real nasty kinda king would do. Rapists are rapists, murderers murder people, etc.

I think John Snow is giong to do somethign big and important and I think arya is gonna help him. I dont knwo what it is yet though!! how excitement.

I've actually got the series so far on audio book as well... they're read by this old guy who does really really dirty and rough english accents for everyone (much more so than in the tv series).......it makes the world seem more grim and dark than it already is. They're worth a listen, particularly if you have 40min drive to work every morning.
    Last edited by BreadRoll; 11-08-2011 at 11:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadRoll View Post
    Have you pplz all finished season 1.. i wanna have chatz but i dont wanna give out spoilerz!!
    noooo i haven't finished season 1, i'm watching it as it airs on foxtel/austar so only up to episode 5! i have finished reading the first book, so i know what happens, but i would still like to be surprised at what is different in the tv show. so i am happy to bow out of this thread for a while so you guys can chat about what happens without worrying about spoilers! i will come back and bump the thread in a few weeks once the show has finished!

ETA: agree with emmycatmummy about people's ages, i think they've added 3 years to everyone's ages as bran is 7 in the book but 10 in the tv show, and robb/jon look like they're 17/18 instead of 14/15, so i guess they were thinking daenerys could be 16/17 and still get rough s*x from kahl drogo. urgghhh i felt so sorry for her during her wedding night scene
    Last edited by aquarius; 10-08-2011 at 21:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just found out that the Actor who reads the audio books for A Song of Ice and Fire, Roy Dotrice, has been cast as a character in season two of GoT tv series

How cool is that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aaarrggghhhh..no spoilers, jeebaysus, I have to avoid the TB thread, littlle downloading show-offs. I have everything on a hard drive (again), but my bestie refuses to watch it beforehand so I wait it out with her on Showcase.

Still loving this show, it's so brilliant. I thought it would slump, but no....where the hecakazoonies are the white walkers? The suspense is killing me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *bump*

anyone else want to chat about this show? i've now watched all of season 1 and i've read all the books except the most recent one 'dance with dragons'. anyone else want to chat?
    ** SPOILER WARNING: the following posts may contain spoilers for those who have not finished watching season 1 of the tv show!**
    Last edited by aquarius; 18-10-2011 at 18:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    AWESOME show. watched the whole series over the course of a weekend a few months ago. Only sad thing is Sean Bean's no longer in it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast