+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First time mum:questions about newborn baby clothes

First time mum here. Fairly new to Qld so not used to this heat and humidity. Stared buying clothes for baby girl due mid October. Wondering what newborn clothes other mums living in south east Qld used to get through this warmer time of year? So far I have bought mostly newborn legless jumpsuits. What would more experienced mums recommend? Also, what about the bedding you used?

Thanks Minilee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You might want a couple of suits with full length sleeves and legs too, but don't overdo that. Most of the time a summer baby will be in those legless suits or even just a nappy and singlet when very hot.

I wrapped my babies in a muslin wrap for sleeping, so my September daughter went to bed wrapped in that and another light wrap if cool, or just the muslin when it was warm. So bedding was just the fitted sheet on the cot mattress).

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm have no clue about what the weather is like where you are....

BUMPing it up for others in your area.

ETA: never mind xkwzit is already onto it!

JellybeanInc is offline Ready and waiting for the learning curve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Keep in mind that if baby will be in an airconditioned house you'll need warmer clothes. I live in northern WA, so similar in weather to over there. DS was an October bub and I found I had way too much summer clothing as he was inside in the air con most of the time where he needed more clothes and wraps/rugs.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    just a body suit or singlet/nappy should be fine. you can always add a layer if its chilly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't live in QLD, I live in Victoria, but my ds was born mid-January and I thought I wouldn't need any long sleeve/long arm bodysuits as it was the middle of summer - it was 40 degrees the day he was born for example. I didn't factor in airconditioning. I needed them straight away because the hospital was actually quite cold - around 20 - 22 degrees. And in the car it could get quite cool on long trips and at home when the aircon was on, especially at night it could get a lot cooler than I realised. I didn't use the Bonds wondersuits as they would have probably been too thick, I just used the plain cotton bodysuits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS was an October baby too, I remember he lived in those bonds singlet onesies and I wrapped him in the muslin wraps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your advice, it was very helpful.

I have to admit I didn't think about the airconditioning - I was more worried about bub being too hot rather than too cold.

I will invest in a few jumpsuits with sleeves and long legs, especially for the hospital. And I can always add layers when its cool, which is a good tip.

Its nice too know that you can get such lovely support and advice here from other mums.

Thanks
    Minilee

9. The Following User Says Thank You to minilee For This Useful Post:

Mod-xkwzit  (17-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you'll have any trouble in finding baby clothes. All you have to do is enter the first baby clothes store and pick whatever you like, they have everything you need for the season. You can also check this baby bloomers resource, I shop here all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Singlets and nappies when it's hot is all you need and I swaddled with muslin wraps for sleeping. Don't go overboard you get given sooo much when they're born and they grow so quick you'll have to go shopping again a couple of months after birth anyway. Shopping gives you an excuse to get out of the house when cabin fever has set in