+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default is constipation and diarrhea during pregnancy normal??

Hi ladies I am nearly 17 weeks pregnant and since Ive been pregnant Ive been getting on and off constipation so bad that I end up getting painful stomach cramps and then diarrhea after passing the initial hard bowel movements...doesnt last long but it happens at least 1-2 times a week Is this normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh. Of all the things people say they miss most while pregnant - coffee, sushi, alcohol, etc - regular bowel movements are at the top of my list, lol.

I was getting cramps and low abdominal pressure in addition to what you mentioned and my OB suggested metamucil - it has really helped. Daily sultana bran, loads of water and fresh fruit/veg just haven't been enough.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hearing you!
    I get exactly the same every few days... Cramps so painful I have to breathe through them like labour contractions!
    Over it!
    Will try the metamucil, only hope I am able to stomach it with this all day sickness that is still here at 16 weeks

Ps I don't remember this from my last two pregnancies, and I'm not sure what I'm doing different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    themissingpiece-sounds like like the exact pain Im getting...fun isnt it NOT, I am having all day sickness too,which is why Ive had such a bland diet. I didnt have this with dd either...funny how each pregnancy is different huh

windupbird- I probably should be drinking more water and I have some psyillium husk in the cupboard(the ingredient which makes metamucil)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Greeneyes- hmmm interesting, maybe it's the bland diet that has mucked up our digestive system??
    I live on porridge, toasted cheese sandwiches, baked beans on toast and the occasional raw carrot. I really need veges but can't stomach them
    Lets hope we are better soon so we can eat healthier, it's all just too much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies

I have just passed 30weeks.I have had the same problem and stressed and worried a lot.
    I cried in the toilet most of the time.Then I have come across Kiwi fruit…It worked really well for me..I hope you should be able to buy in your place…You don’t need to have everyday.
    I have only twice a week and it helps a lot with constipation.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Isn't it fun! I'm 21wks and it's happening. I drink a glass of benefibre every morning and it helps. You have to make sure to drink extra water too. I can't stomach Metamucil so I use the benefibre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It got so dreadful that one day I had a lousy stomach painful ache and felt like I necessary to go. What happened next triggered me to seek enable online. Since the waste could not arrive exactly where it was imagined to, it identified one more route. I consider you get the image. Afterwards, I realized how extremely harmful this incident was and that I could possibly have even died from it if an infection had resulted. I just prefer to say that the only factor that really helped was this guide. For those who desire to reside a delighted life absolutely free with constipation, I highly recommend you to check this out Natural constipation remedies