+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Early labour!i

Hi ladies,

Hope I am posting in the right area! Just wanted to check in and see what everyone thinks... Im 40wks today and had a really crappy nights sleep. Kept waking up every 20 mins or so and having to roll over, but feeling like death because my pubic bone is killing me! Couldn't get comfortable and had weird dreams. Eventually got up at 5am and went to the loo. Went #1 and when I looked in the bowl (as you do haha), there was a streak of bright blood. I wiped and there was a little bit more. Second wipe brought a beginning/end of period-like brown tinged mucous. There was only a little bit and it was stringy. I went and woke my hubby to tell him what happened and that I was just calling the hospital to double check with them , as this is our first. He was confused and went back to sleep lol. I rang and spoke to a midwife who told me it was likely just a bit of my mucous plug and that the bright blood is pretty normal. I told her I had been cramping and having irregular conx for the past week or so. She told me to get some sleep and be aware of baby movements, as mine has been very quiet over the past 24hrs. I took her advice and went back to bed. It's now 10.40am and I've had a little more brown discharge, more cramps and pain in my lower back, a few irregular contractions and a little bit of cramping under my ribs. Baby is still relatively quiet, but has been moving gently. I had some cornflakes and a little bit of cold lemonade to give the baby a little nudge haha.

Just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience before going into active labour? Anyone else have bright blood or a quiet baby? I always see women asking how long til they're going to have the baby after similar symptoms, which I know is silly, because it could be days before anything happens, but has anyone got any tips for what to look out for? I've just been so crampy and Braxton Hicks-y for so long, that Im a little concerned that I'll pass early labour off as the usual false labour I've been having.

Thanks girls! Sorry about the lack of cohesiveness, Im on my phone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It sounds like someting is starting there. You'll know when you're in established labour, you just will. Listen to your body and rest now while you can (if you can). Take a warm bath, have a shower? Maybe curl up on the couch and watch some movies if it helps.

Good Luck xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Roopee For This Useful Post:

daisymae  (15-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, Roopee! I'm sad to say goodbye to pregnancy Hubby got sent home from work by his Sarge, so he's running around cleaning and Im crying, watching The Circle baby shower eps. How productive. Im hoping thsee niggly cramps and pains won't go on for a week haha. Wonder if it's a little silly to see Harry Potter tonight..? It's also our anniversary, so it would be nice to have one more outing before baby...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Go see it. What's the worst that can happen? Hahahahaha!
    Seriously, if you feel up to it go for it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roopee For This Useful Post:

daisymae  (15-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Defintely make plans! thats the best way to make a baby come hehe Goodluck sounds like it is all happening.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mmy2b For This Useful Post:

daisymae  (15-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol oh my god, you're right! What is the worst that could happen!? You girls are absolutely the voice of reason. I'll pop my bag in the car and Im bloody going to the movies! Movie tickets are so darned expensive these days anyway. Surely they can clean a little amniotic fluid off my seat for 19bucks. Heheh mmy2b, I hope i make it through the whole movie, cos i have been looking forward to seeing it forever!

Thanks ladies, you are making a nervous first time mum relaxed! Good to have a bit of a giggle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely do something fun! Time will go by more quickly and it makes your labour so much more memorable. You'll be talking about how you were having contractions seeing Harry Potter at the cinema. Happy anniversary and GOOD LUCK!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to scarymarygoldfish For This Useful Post:

daisymae  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha! Thanks, Mary! We are definitely going! I've just had a weird bout of the shakes after losing a large portion of the rest of my mucous plug. Does anyone know how much is usually up there..? sorry if tmi!

I hope i make it to Harry tonight. I don't care that we're as broke as thieves, Im seeing that damned movie and I will stuff myself with the most expensive and buttery popcorn on earth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go love? Any news? I hope the movie was beyond awesome and that you had the birthing experience of your dreams .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to scarymarygoldfish For This Useful Post:

daisymae  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello! A *little* belated, but had an almost 9lb baby boy on the 18th of July. Unfortunately had the classic bullying experience, cascade of interventions and an unnecessarean. However, he was born otherwise unscathed (unlike me. Thanks, buddy lol). He is now a cheeky 14 month old, happily BF and other crunchy things, with a bit of cheeseburger thrown in. Not pregnant yet, but our next babe will be born at home, like I wanted for Leo