+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamscape is offline Nothing can exist without a cause
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default :( Nappy rash help

DD has had a rash for the past week and its just getting worse. It was red, bumpy and looked to be weeping. Now its more scaley looking and spread to her bottom aswell. Shes in the bath at the moment and can't stop itching it I can only imagine how it feels. Is there anything over the counter to clear it up? Or is it time to visit the doc? Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Recently my son had a rash the same as what you are describing and nothing would clear it, i went to teh chemist and was told it was fungal infection and was given a cream taht was $30 that he needed to be on for two weeks, it cleared it up instantley by the third applicatin but i had to still continue using it for another 10days, i was also told not to use bepanthem as it drys the skin out.
    ild deffinatley see whay your pharmicst ha to say and if nothing else works then u may need go to drs porr bubb its not nice for them

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it started off kind of looking like pimples it could also be thrush? If it's weeping I'd say it's doctor time. Hope it gets better soon!!!

RoseKathleen is offline ...Yes - motherhood is a full-time job!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes - definitely go to the dr! But in my experience if the rash is individual spots (rather than an area of redness) then it is thrush.

My dr told me to mix up a third vasaline, a third sudocrem and a third anti-fungal (that you would use for thrush). It worked like magic! You can get this all the chemist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You may need hydrozole. But I would put cream then curash powder to keep the area dry. I would also be doing tons of no nappy to dry it out too. Go c doc! Poor little girl..ouch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my kids have on the odd occasion had a terrible rash (very painful, red, spots and even bleeding) the only thing that has cleared it up is Daktozin (used to treat fungal infections). I could not believe how quickly the rashes cleared up, after I'd tried other regular nappy creams etc.

I would definitely give it a try! U may find one with another brand name, as long as generically it's an anti-fungal nappy cream. If it doesn't start to clear up in a day or two then I'd take her to the doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find natural skin care is the best particulary when dealing with babies and children. I have used california baby, mama nature and green people. They were all good. I found the california baby cream particularly good for dry skin and the mama nature salve the best for nappy rash. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, make sure it's not anything else first. If it's been there for a week already then it just may be. What have you been useing? How old is DD?

If it IS just nappy rash I found papaw ointment worked best for us.

Hope it clears up!

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    sounds like impetigo (a staph infection) which needs to be treated with antibiotics. it is extremely contagious & can be spread to the face.

We used antibiotics, swapped to huggies which are much better at controlling wetness & changed her nappy as frequently as possible. We also use canestan under the nappy cream to treat the thrush which it sounds like might be there as well. I think you should see your doc about it as it can be pretty painful for them & can get out of control if you dont get a hold on it.

Google images for impetigo (staph infection) nappy area & you will see what it looks like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with wicket. Go to the doc and get it diagnosed. I would recommend using a nappy salve rather than a cream though as creams contain water which contributes to nappy rash. As I said before I use Mama Nature's tiny troubles salve which is great but I'm sure there must be others.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trinny28 For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (19-12-2011)