Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I gave birth vaginally, so did my sister, so did my mum. In fact of all the women in my family (aunts, cousins incl.) the only one that I can recall having a c/section is my step sister, for her second child. I know of a few in my circle of friends and my sister's circle of friends who had c/sections but I can think of plenty who had natural births.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think the emergency cs rate is about 25%, a bit more in private hospitals, from memory.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I have deleted a number of posts in this thread. can we please stick to the topic of giving assistance, support and advice to the OP about her desire for a natural birth.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    [text deleted by moderator]

To OP I think many are being pressured into c sec (i am in that process right now!!) and one of my friends were telling me at my baby shower on the weekend that she would definately reccommend c sec after having 2 (yeah she hadnt experienced natural birth and had nothing to compare it to! haha) anyway I suppose it is becoming more and more common. If you want vaginal birth though, stick to your guns, I was told this morning to book in for c sec and refused and after a huge meltdown to DH I feel much better and back in control lol. good luck with your birth!!!
    Last edited by BH-KatiesMum; 14-07-2011 at 13:58. Reason: response to deleted text

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KatiesMum View Post
    I have deleted a number of posts in this thread. can we please stick to the topic of giving assistance, support and advice to the OP about her desire for a natural birth.

Thanks
    thanks, it was getting a bit heated there....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I lost my post?!?

Anywhos - I have had two vaginal births.
    So *hands Up* i have.

I know people who have had vaginal and c/s... does having a c/s make me think any less of them? No.
    I'd say the majority of people i know have had vaginal.

op

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a natural drug free birth and my DD was nearly one week overdue. Just relax and think postively

Also if it so happens and you do require a cesarean then don't be upset or anything. Just remember that your birth was beautiful and special because it gave you your little one!

Another tip - stop googling and reading bad birth stories!! You'll feel much better for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FUSSY View Post
    Another tip - stop googling and reading bad birth stories!! You'll feel much better for it
    google gets me every time lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DW is scared and wants to have a c-section (her first birth).

Should she?

Personally.. (and who is a man to say??) ... i dont think a woman should have one unless she medically requires it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Have you got a mum/aunt/grandmother you could talk to? V births were much more common in the 'olden days' so perhaps they can help. I got most of my advice from my mum who had a few V births.

I had a v birth, although had foceps used. Not fun. Not what I consider natural but many women still do birth naturally