Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone give birth 'naturally' anymore??

I only ask this q's as EVERY women i know has had a c-section lately.

I don't have many friends that are having babies, but the ones that have, have either gone over thier dues dates and elected to have c-sections, or have had complications and had to have emergency c-sections. I understand that these situations were unaviodable, and I know that most women really want to give naturally, but I just can't help feeling that having a ceaser is almost INEVITABLE!

I am 39 wks and after having noooooo signs what so ever that bub is ever going to come into the world, am really starting to stress that i'll end up having one...

I have been reading up on them, and it scares the begeebies out of me...
    It probably doesn't help that my FIL! thinks I should just schedule one cause that way he can be home from work (he works in mines in CQ) for the birth of his first grandchild......

I guess this is just a bit of a vent/whinge, as i really have noone to talk to about the experiences of a vaginal birth, cause everyone has had to have c-sections...

oh well, i guess i'll find out soon enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Kezty,

I gave birth to both my boys naturally. My first I went 1 week over my due date, I had absolutely no complications, and had the perfect natural birth I wanted. DS2 was a couple days early and he didn't give me much of a choice, was born in less then an hour after first contractions lol. But non the less was still a perfect natural birth. If you go over your due date, don't worry it will almost always happen on it's on. Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a natural birth. And ill be fighting for a natural birth with this bub as well.

Plenty of people have vaginal births

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave birth vaginally, a week overdue. It is possible, think positively

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Plenty have vaginal births. I guess you dont hear about them as much these days.

Good luck and try not to stress yourself over it.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that people sometimes do let doctors talk them into having a cesar when its not completely needed, but I also think, there are some mummies out there who would prefer to not to have any possible *risk* with vaginal childbirth.
    (not saying there is no risks with c-section, it is just viewed as more of a controlled option vs letting nature take its course)..

Personally for me, I am absolutely terrefied of natural childbirth... I am due in March 2012, and am in absolute agony with what I should do... Mine goes much beyond being scared, I can go into hyperventilation and have a panic attack just thinking about a vaginal delivery. But in saying that, I know that a cesar wont be a walk in the park either.

I think if you have decided on a natural birth, just relax, and be comfortable with your decision. You just have to be firm with doctors, and make it known that you do NOT want a cesar for any other reason then life or death.

You will be fine.

Where is your FIL working..? Do you live in CQ..? I live in CQ!

Guest Guest
    Sitting around a table with a group of my friends, we all had c/s's!!! I know plenty who have had vb's though too (including me for my second) Be positive, more women have vaginal births than ceasars even though sometimes it doesn't seem like it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep! I had a natural birth Don't stress, 39 weeks is still only 1 week into the 4 week window your bub will generally be born in. Its very common for first-timers to go overdue as well (I was 40+8). Relax, try and enjoy it (as impossible as it seems, I know) and rest as much as you can. Bub will come in their own good time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I narrowly missed a c/s first time but was induced and had an epi.
    My second birth was completely, totally natural, and I loved it. I wouldn't even say it was painful. Intense, but not painful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ketzy, if you have a little look around this forum, you will read many uplifting and positive, affirming 'vaginal/natural' birth stories, c/sect ones too.

Trust yourself, your body, your instincts, shut off any unwanted 'words of wisdom' from others, as well as any 'scare mongering' stories and relax. :-)

Giving birth the frist time is always met with a bit of anxiety, purely for a 'fear of the unknown', it's only natural to feel that way. I hope you find some solace in the fact that many, many women all over the world at every given minute give birth (in whatever way they do) and they're not all scary stories.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast