+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone recommend a good cleaner?

Well I need help again with finding an honest and reliable cleaner for our home in Sydney. I've not had much luck with cleaners this year and can definitely NOT recommend a cleaner for Absolute Domestics - should have listened to the warnings on here a few months ago about using their cleaners. We had the worst experience with Absolute Domestics - their cleaner was rude, lazy, unreliable (would cancel half an hour before she was due to start work with a text saying "sick today"), and I suspect a thief as all the loose change and a lot of make up in the house went missing in the time she was here.

I've been through the local paper and no luck there either. Does anyone recommend a cleaner from Gumtree perhaps? The last person I interviewed told me she had no references as her clients had asked her not to give out their phone numbers (fair enough), but she also said she didn't have any written references as she could easily make them up so what was the point? At first I was not happy with this comment but then thought about it and realised she was right. How do I know whether or not she's made up a written reference? So for that matter, does this mean all the cleaners who provide lovely written references (signed with a name only, no address) have made them up too???

I'm totally lost with all this. I'd love to use an agency cleaner but my experience with Absolute Domestics has put me off. And I need help finding a good one from the local paper/Gumtree.

Thanks,
    Julie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info about Absolute Domestics. I was going to try them but might go somewhere else now. I'm not in sydney but I know the guy that runs Polished. He's very trustworthy. Give it a try.
    Good luck.