+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Trampoline recommendation?

My son will only be 3, but I want to buy a big one so we don't have to upgrade in the future (honestly, I want it to be big enough so I can jump on it as well as I love them)

There were some 14 foot ones in the Target ($380) /K-Mart ($220) catalogues, but I'm worried they will be junky and have a short life span.

Can anybody recommend a good trampoline (or even where I would look for one), or tell me if the chain store ones are any good?

These are the Target/Kmart ones:

http://toylayby.target.com.au/Produc...Url=playground

http://shop.kmart.com.au/webapp/wcs/...oductId=113246

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got mine from toys r us .. Got it on special online fairly cheap. It seems to be quite good, always out in melbourne weather ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't have a tramp ourselves, but our friends have a springfree one and it's definitely what we'll go for when we have a back yard. They are very $$$, however they do have a layby option over a year if I remember correctly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girls have a Springfree trampoline and it is great. I really love it, but unfortunately I left it with my ex-DH... I miss it. It is 3-years-old and still perfect... and the net really works too. I had some adults jumping on it at one of the kids birthday parties and they were being silly and fell into the netting... must've been 100 kg's or more slam into the net and it just flung them back onto the trampoline.

My partner had one for his kids from K-mart I think and they threw it away after a year or two.

We are looking at getting another one now. Am not sure I want to spend the money on a springfree, but also don't want it to just fall apart like his old one did. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If/when we get a tramp, we will be saving up and getting a Springfree. They seem to be the only ones that really last, and the nets actually provide safety rather than just an illusion. All the cheap department store versions seem to die really quickly, esp from sun damage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We got one from Big W. It seems to be good and does the job

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We bought a 14ft from Vuly online about a month ago and very happy with it. Was $700 for a 14ft and best of all it's made here in Qld rather than being a cheaper import.
    Highly recommend for quality

eta - somewhere online (but I can't recall exactly where right now) there's a good review that compares the Action/Big W/ KMart tramps with the higher end tramp market. I'll see if I can find it for you.
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 12-07-2011 at 14:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks for that. Those spring free ones look fantastic. Maybe I'll wait til next year and get one of those.

I looked at the Vuly ones as well. I see they have a tent -I wonder if that is to be sun smart? That seems like a good option, as I'm loath to buy the cheap chain store stuff as I don't think it has the same life span, and it's bad for the environment to buy cheap stuff with the idea of replacing it. Plus they are all imports.

Gee, trampolines have come a long way. We had a large rectangle tramp when I was growing up (80s/90s). I don't think they had netting back then. We may have had pads.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we got a 14ft toys r us trampoline last xmas. i know its only july but it hasnt aged a day yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're looking for one now too (yay for tax return time!) and Vuly is looking pretty good.

I was previously sold on Springfree but more recently read that that twisting action that happens with the mat when you bounce can be bad for little ankles and knees so went looking for more info and found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&gl...&v=vEvbybqC2Ig ummm now really not keen on them.

Vuly had the tents for free this month, they look like a good idea for sun safety but I suspect they'd also be like a sauna on a hot day!