Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Absolutely not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. No violent games. No guns (except water pistols in the bath and a super-soaker or the like when he's older) No hitting (Not even when his brother pinches him first). No saying "go away, I don't like you" (although we do allow "you're not my best friend anymore") Such a stick-in-The-mud, I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on the age and maturity of the child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In my house, nope. Well certainly not until they are much older. DSS has and plays some very graphic MA+ rated at his mums but he knows we don't think they're appropriate for him to be playing (at 6 years old!) in our house until he's much older. My issue (apart from thinking he shouldn't be playing them) is that any games we buy him are never 'cool enough' because they're not violent war games.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes we allow them to play games they want, my son has been playing Grand Theft since he was about 6 he got his first console when he was 3 a super Nintendo I had when I was a kid. We are huge gamers all the kids play World of Warcraft and we have consoles in all the rooms of the house, Wii, PlayStations, xboxes along with the kids and DSs, PSPs and they pick their own games and then we had family games like Left 4 dead we would all play together online, its great fun. We dont censor what they play and they are fine none of them are killing cats or stalking people. They actually have great empathy and are very caring kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No not at all. Not in my home unless they are adults. That goes for violent movies etc.

my eldest is almost 4 and hasn't watched lord of the rings, Harry potter etc and won't till he at least starts high school.

His cousins on the other hand have since 2years.

I believe there is nothing valuable to learn from them and therefore no need to encourage violent disturbing movies or games in our home or any where else by that matter.

You may think I shelter my children but I don't. I let them be innocent and will continue to let them believe the world is a positive, caring, respectful place until they have to learn otherwise. I will not rob them of their security and warmth in their existence that I believe these games/movies do. IMO anyway.

There is enough hurt and suffering that they will see, view, witness, feel etc in life. LET CHILDREN BE CHILDREN!! Leave the rest for when they are adults. Its not just a game its violence. Iykwim.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    No way, no how. Never.
    I would never let them play with toy guns either.
    Same here. Anything violent is a no-go-zone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wont even watch any M rated movies anymore! PG or G rated all the way!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. Life is tough enough why would you expose them to unnecessary hardship! It definitely messes with their psyche. I even hate my husband watching criminal minds etc in the house. I have no time for violence or murder.