+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Our sons watch DH play COD and a couple of other violent games games but not the really gorry ones. We let our kids play games like castle crashes and a few other fighting games, but none that are really graphic - blood etc maybe once a fortnight. DS1 plays pokemon and nintendogs.

All are loving, caring kids.
    I think it would have an implact if the kids played GTA or gears of war for 18hrs a day. Kids have to learn what is real and what is not.

I too grew up playing mortal kombat and I have never been in a fight nor am I a violent person.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kattttte View Post
    I too grew up playing mortal kombat and I have never been in a fight nor am I a violent person.

Yeah but if someone tries to fight us IRL, we can always use Sonya Blade handstand-snap-guys-neck move

3. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Lemonhead  (12-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No.

My kids are not allowed to play with toy guns again.

So far, this has not come up with my kids. But when they do get to the age where they are playing with gaming consoles they can play ones that are like soccer or car racing or something else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The games we played growing up were nowhere near as graphic as the ones around now. There's a big difference between what we had in the 80s and what we see today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    Until the day comes when Jeff finally goes postal after the other Wiggles constantly walking him up there won't be violent programming for my children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wont allow toy guns either.

Guns should not be marketed as toys. Ever. imo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    badteengame I go by the ratings on the packet, I have a 15 year old and a five year old, if it is 15+ the 15 year can buy it with his own money and when he plays it the 5 year old is not even allowed in the room. The 5 year old however has seen the packet and recently when his dad went into play a game with our eldest the 5 year old did tell me that dad was playing naughty games
    I don't think it is at all appropriate or healthy for young children to be exposed to those 15+ games and many of the PG games are unsuitable for children under school age and sometimes older. There is a relly good site that reviews games and movies and tells you what's in them and for what age they're recommended.
    http://www.commonsensemedia.org/

Some of their ratings are probably a bit over cautious but they are a good guide to let you know when to proceed with caution. I actually don't like much screen time at all for young children but that's another issue.
    Well said but what do you mean exactly by you don't like screen time for your children ?

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    answering in advance- no! i hated it that xp played cod and gears of war. i find those games disturbing and it's one of the things that drove me to break up with her. i'm certainly not letting my kids near that stuff.
    i also don't own any kind of gaming console, and don't intend to, and think that there are lots of things you can get kids for birthdays and christmases before you turn to imo unnecessary, expensive electronic devices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes depending on age and violence level, there is a differance brtween reality and pretend and i think if my son will learn the differance

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (01-05-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nooooo, never