+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope. But then we don't even own a game console of any kind. And our computer is a piece of rubbish. But I would never ever knowingly let ds play violent video games.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We don't have any game consoles in this house, no xbox or playstations. I'm not interested in them, neither is my partner. We don't do any Internet or other computer games. We don't even have games on my phone, but if we did, I would not let my children play them.

I was at a friend's house the other week with a couple of friends and their children. My daughter and the 2 boys are all 3. One of the boys got given a cowboy suit for his birthday with 2 toy guns. One of the boys was playing with the guns, pointing them at my daughter's head and pretending to shoot. My daughter had no idea what it was. My friend took the gun from her son and told him not to do it. She said that her son screamed when her nephew pointed a toy gun at her son and shot it and she was annoyed that he was doing it to my daughter when he didn't like it. My other friend put the gun away. I picked it up and asked my daughter what it was and she didn't know. My friend couldn't believe it. That was the first time she had ever seen one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My kids are still to young, but as they get older they can stick to age appropriate games. We only have a Wii and DP doesn't play much, so the games we have are mario karts.. wii fit.. etc. so they wont really have that at home influence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS1 often watches DH play COD, Kill Zone and other violent games. He likes Doom too but really hates the big pink monsters in it lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My kids dont really play many video games. mario kart and super mario mostly. But the watch us play halo and mortal kombat things like that.

They are aware its not real and you dont hurt people. They've seen worse stuff on the news that concerns me more than a video game tbh.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemmings For This Useful Post:

himherandhe  (12-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We love Sonic and Crash where they aren't killing the animals but releasing them. We also like Nintendogs and Spyro

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DP is a gamer and is dying to introduce video games to our unborn child. He has a chart of age appropriate games to work him way up to voilent games...
    Lol.

I think that platform games where you kill a monster by jumping on it, they're fine. But there's no way my child will be playing call of duty, dead space or grand theft auto until they are old enough and mature enough to understand that the themes of these games are completely separate from real life.

I'd love to ban guns and swords, but DP is obsesse with star wars, and expects the baby to be also, so we'll just have to work extra hard on explaining morals...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We don't let DS watch us play GTA anymore because after picking up prostitutes he would tell us to run them over to get our money back dear me. I like going crazy on that game and getting the police helicopters onto us so you can rocket launch them he likes seeing things blow up.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (03-02-2012),Suzi446  (30-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Until the day comes when Jeff finally goes postal after the other Wiggles constantly walking him up there won't be violent programming for my children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't have any game consoles and are not interested, but I imagine when he goes to school there will be pressure to buy stuff like that.

I guess I would follow the the ratings guide for the games.

I think he would be freaked out anyway. Apparently at daycare, he hides behind the kitchen bench for Peppa Pig sometimes, and sometimes I have to skip a couple of the Thomas episodes. Although knowing my luck, he would embrace the cartoon violence and is only scared of cartoon pigs.

Oh, and there's a Bananas episode which freaks him out. It's where they dress up as tigers - "no! no like tigers!" "but they are the bananas dressed up as tigers" "no! no like tigers!" and then I have to fast forward it.
    Last edited by MsMummy; 12-07-2011 at 15:46.