A big welcome little baby boy Owen and congrats to mum kitakali!
The fourth baby in our gender test group arrived on September 1!! And he is a gorgeous baby BOY ... which means a massive seven of our 10 tests were correct ...
But which ones ...
The Ring Test AND the Chinese Gender Chart were both correct in this case, predicting a BOY!
Kitikali reckons this bub didn't Steal Mum's Looks ... which means BOY
She was Carrying Low and had the Linea Nigra past her navel ... which both indicate BOY
Plus the Baby's Heartbeat and the fact Kitikali said her belly was shaped like a basketball both pointed to BOY!
So here is the tally so far …
Ring Test 2/3
Chinese Gender 3/4
Mum's intuition 0/4
Girl steals your looks 2/4
Carrying high or low 3/4
Craving sweet or sour 1/3
Linea nigra 2/4
Dad gaining weight 2/4
Watermelon or basketball belly 2/4
Oh dear ... mother's intuition is still not doing too well ... currently 0/4!
The Chinese gender chart and the carrying high or low test are currently rating as the most accurate!!
AND congrats again to kitikali! All the best on the birth of your little one!! Enjoy!
Next up are Shel82 and Poinciana, who are both due on September 11, closely followed by Chase on Sep 12, MummytoTwoGirls on Sep 15 and then ... ... me on Sep 19!!!
jakobysmum: GIRL and it's a ... BOY
shanstar (EDD 21/8) GIRL and it's a ... GIRL
dicey (EDD 08/10) GIRL and it's a ... BOY
kitikali (EDD 12/9) BOY and it's a ... BOY
Shel82 (EDD 11/9) GIRL
Poinciana (EDD 11/9) BOY
Chase (EDD 12/9) BOY
MummyToTwoGirls (EDD 15/9) BOY
BH Editor (EDD 19/9) GIRL
IsaRob (EDD 23/9) GIRL
LG (EDD 01/10) GIRL
huggingwinnie (EDD 25/11) GIRL
mkmills30 (EDD 12/01/2012) GIRL
jenrose (EDD 29/02/2012) BOY
Hi ladies, I have been watching with interest and finally got around to doing some of the tests.
BH Name - mlks - 1st child
EDD - 03JAN12
1. The Ring Test. Circle then side to side so GIRL
2. Chinese Gender Chart. Lunar age says 39 (i think I did it right) and I conceived in 2nd month so says GIRL
3. Mother's intuition. First few months wanted boy, but lately been thinking GIRL
4. A girl steals your looks. I have fantastic skin and hair, but nails are starting to be broken... I would have said BOY
5. Are you carrying high or low? I would say high and out front so GIRL
6. Have you had any cravings? Never been a real sweets eater, but lately mmmmmm GIRL
7. How's your Linea Nigra? Must have another look, but noticed it only goes to belly button GIRL
8. How fast is baby's heartbeat?
Date of UltrasoundSep 12, 2011 Gestational Age:23 weeks, 6 days Actual Heartrate152 Average Heartrate for Gestational Age:152.6 Prediction:BOY
9. Is the father gaining weight too? No, he is still skinny as a rake GIRL
10. Are you carrying a watermelon or basketball? hmmm I would say basketball so BOY edit - mum just said she thinks i am a watermelon because the bump starts right under my rib cage so GIRL
We actually had a scan today and were told GIRL
Last edited by mlks; 12-09-2011 at 13:40.
At what point do you think these tests become 'valid', for want of a better word?
I am too early for a few as not showing yet or had the heart rate recorded, but in 'theory' would the ring test work now, and in that case, considering it predicts past and future... could it also work on people who aren't pregnant!
Is there any way to find out gender before the 20 week scan!?!? I am sooooooo impatient! I hate surprises!!!
Nando: While this isn't my research, I just wanted to let you know that my mum has sworn by the ring test for years and according to her it works when you're not pregnant simply because it shows all babies. But one thing to be aware of - according to this theory it does show ALL babies, including those that may not have reached full term. My mum terminated 1 pregnancy and while she's only had 2 girls, the ring test still shows 2 girls and 1 boy, and one of my aunts had a boy, a girl and then a miscarriage and it still shows boy, girl, boy and they're both post menopause now. Hope this helps!
If you'd like to play along in this thread though, you can just answer the questions you can now then add the rest (by editing your post) as you go along.
I think the ring test is fine to do now and the chinese gender but things like "are you carrying high or low" will have to wait till later on ...
Is fun to do the tests though, even if they don't work out very accurate!
1. The Ring Test. GIRL
2. Chinese Gender Chart. BOY
3. Mother's intuition. Girl
4. A girl steals your looks. GIRL
5. Are you carrying high or low? GIRL
6. Have you had any cravings? GIRL
7. How's your Linea Nigra? GIRL
8. How fast is baby's heartbeat? GIRL
9. Is the father gaining weight too? GIRL
10. Are you carrying a watermelon or basketball? GIRL
TALLY: BOY (1), GIRL (9)
Keeping my fingers crossed that these were right
Its a boy!!
Tyler James was born 12/09/11 10:03pm 8lb1oz 53c, Long
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!