Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 112
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks
    1,626
    Thanked
    256
    Reviews
    19
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kitikali View Post
    Our little man Owen arrived on the 1st September !!!
    Turns out once again that mothers intuition was incorrect but many of the old wives takes were right!

    Good luck to all the 'mummies in waiting' ... looking forward to hearing of your little arrivals!!
    Yay! Congrats!! A gorgeous little boy!! Love the name too!!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks
    1,626
    Thanked
    256
    Reviews
    19
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A big welcome little baby boy Owen and congrats to mum kitakali!

    The fourth baby in our gender test group arrived on September 1!! And he is a gorgeous baby BOY ... which means a massive seven of our 10 tests were correct ...

    But which ones ...

    The Ring Test AND the Chinese Gender Chart were both correct in this case, predicting a BOY!

    Kitikali reckons this bub didn't Steal Mum's Looks ... which means BOY

    She was Carrying Low and had the Linea Nigra past her navel ... which both indicate BOY

    Plus the Baby's Heartbeat and the fact Kitikali said her belly was shaped like a basketball both pointed to BOY!

    So here is the tally so far …

    Ring Test 2/3

    Chinese Gender 3/4


    Mum's intuition 0/4


    Girl steals your looks 2/4


    Carrying high or low 3/4


    Craving sweet or sour 1/3


    Linea nigra 2/4


    Heartbeat 2/4


    Dad gaining weight 2/4


    Watermelon or basketball belly 2/4


    Oh dear ... mother's intuition is still not doing too well ... currently 0/4!

    The Chinese gender chart and the carrying high or low test are currently rating as the most accurate!!


    AND congrats again to kitikali! All the best on the birth of your little one!! Enjoy!

    Next up are Shel82 and Poinciana, who are both due on September 11, closely followed by Chase on Sep 12, MummytoTwoGirls on Sep 15 and then ... ... me on Sep 19!!!

    jakobysmum: GIRL and it's a ... BOY
    shanstar (EDD 21/8) GIRL and it's a ... GIRL
    dicey (EDD 08/10) GIRL and it's a ... BOY
    kitikali (EDD 12/9) BOY and it's a ... BOY
    Shel82 (EDD 11/9) GIRL
    Poinciana (EDD 11/9) BOY
    Chase (EDD 12/9) BOY
    MummyToTwoGirls (EDD 15/9) BOY
    BH Editor (EDD 19/9) GIRL
    IsaRob (EDD 23/9) GIRL
    LG (EDD 01/10) GIRL
    huggingwinnie (EDD 25/11) GIRL
    mkmills30 (EDD 12/01/2012) GIRL
    jenrose (EDD 29/02/2012) BOY

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    442
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked
    19
    Reviews
    0
    Hi ladies, I have been watching with interest and finally got around to doing some of the tests.

    BH Name - mlks - 1st child
    EDD - 03JAN12


    1. The Ring Test. Circle then side to side so GIRL

    2. Chinese Gender Chart. Lunar age says 39 (i think I did it right) and I conceived in 2nd month so says GIRL

    3. Mother's intuition.
    First few months wanted boy, but lately been thinking GIRL


    4. A girl steals your looks. I have fantastic skin and hair, but nails are starting to be broken... I would have said BOY

    5. Are you carrying high or low? I would say high and out front so GIRL

    6. Have you had any cravings?
    Never been a real sweets eater, but lately mmmmmm GIRL

    7. How's your Linea Nigra? Must have another look, but noticed it only goes to belly button GIRL

    8. How fast is baby's heartbeat?
    Date of UltrasoundSep 12, 2011 Gestational Age:23 weeks, 6 days Actual Heartrate152 Average Heartrate for Gestational Age:152.6 Prediction:BOY

    9. Is the father gaining weight too? No, he is still skinny as a rake GIRL

    10. Are you carrying a watermelon or basketball?
    hmmm I would say basketball so BOY
    edit - mum just said she thinks i am a watermelon because the bump starts right under my rib cage so GIRL


    We actually had a scan today and were told GIRL
    Last edited by mlks; 12-09-2011 at 14:40.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to mlks For This Useful Post:

    BH-editor  (12-09-2011)

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    399
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked
    40
    Reviews
    2
    At what point do you think these tests become 'valid', for want of a better word?
    I am too early for a few as not showing yet or had the heart rate recorded, but in 'theory' would the ring test work now, and in that case, considering it predicts past and future... could it also work on people who aren't pregnant!

    Is there any way to find out gender before the 20 week scan!?!? I am sooooooo impatient! I hate surprises!!!

  6. #55
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Carrum Downs
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    13
    Reviews
    0
    Nando: While this isn't my research, I just wanted to let you know that my mum has sworn by the ring test for years and according to her it works when you're not pregnant simply because it shows all babies. But one thing to be aware of - according to this theory it does show ALL babies, including those that may not have reached full term. My mum terminated 1 pregnancy and while she's only had 2 girls, the ring test still shows 2 girls and 1 boy, and one of my aunts had a boy, a girl and then a miscarriage and it still shows boy, girl, boy and they're both post menopause now. Hope this helps!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to mkmills30 For This Useful Post:

    BH-editor  (15-09-2011)

  8. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks
    1,626
    Thanked
    256
    Reviews
    19
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    At what point do you think these tests become 'valid', for want of a better word?
    I am too early for a few as not showing yet or had the heart rate recorded, but in 'theory' would the ring test work now, and in that case, considering it predicts past and future... could it also work on people who aren't pregnant!

    Is there any way to find out gender before the 20 week scan!?!? I am sooooooo impatient! I hate surprises!!!
    hi nando! Have you heard about the 'nub theory'? Some people say they can predict the gender at 12 weeks. Might be worth googling ...

    If you'd like to play along in this thread though, you can just answer the questions you can now then add the rest (by editing your post) as you go along.

    I think the ring test is fine to do now and the chinese gender but things like "are you carrying high or low" will have to wait till later on ...

    Is fun to do the tests though, even if they don't work out very accurate!


  9. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0
    Here's mine:

    1. The Ring Test. GIRL

    2. Chinese Gender Chart. BOY

    3. Mother's intuition. Girl

    4. A girl steals your looks. GIRL

    5. Are you carrying high or low? GIRL

    6. Have you had any cravings? GIRL

    7. How's your Linea Nigra? GIRL

    8. How fast is baby's heartbeat? GIRL

    9. Is the father gaining weight too? GIRL

    10. Are you carrying a watermelon or basketball? GIRL

    TALLY: BOY (1), GIRL (9)

    Keeping my fingers crossed that these were right

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Langgymummy For This Useful Post:

    BH-editor  (20-09-2011)

  11. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    902
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked
    100
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default its a boy

    Its a boy!!

    Tyler James was born 12/09/11 10:03pm 8lb1oz 53c, Long

  12. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks
    1,626
    Thanked
    256
    Reviews
    19
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi mlks! Thanks for joining in! The more the merrier!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mlks View Post
    Hi ladies, I have been watching with interest and finally got around to doing some of the tests.

    BH Name - mlks - 1st child
    EDD - 03JAN12


    1. The Ring Test. Circle then side to side so GIRL

    2. Chinese Gender Chart. Lunar age says 39 (i think I did it right) and I conceived in 2nd month so says GIRL

    3. Mother's intuition.
    First few months wanted boy, but lately been thinking GIRL


    4. A girl steals your looks. I have fantastic skin and hair, but nails are starting to be broken... I would have said BOY

    5. Are you carrying high or low? I would say high and out front so GIRL

    6. Have you had any cravings?
    Never been a real sweets eater, but lately mmmmmm GIRL

    7. How's your Linea Nigra? Must have another look, but noticed it only goes to belly button GIRL

    8. How fast is baby's heartbeat?
    Date of UltrasoundSep 12, 2011 Gestational Age:23 weeks, 6 days Actual Heartrate152 Average Heartrate for Gestational Age:152.6 Prediction:BOY

    9. Is the father gaining weight too? No, he is still skinny as a rake GIRL

    10. Are you carrying a watermelon or basketball?
    hmmm I would say basketball so BOY
    edit - mum just said she thinks i am a watermelon because the bump starts right under my rib cage so GIRL


    We actually had a scan today and were told GIRL

  13. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,033
    Thanks
    1,626
    Thanked
    256
    Reviews
    19
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Langgymummy!
    Thanks for joining in! When is your due date?

    Quote Originally Posted by Langgymummy View Post
    Here's mine:

    1. The Ring Test. GIRL

    2. Chinese Gender Chart. BOY

    3. Mother's intuition. Girl

    4. A girl steals your looks. GIRL

    5. Are you carrying high or low? GIRL

    6. Have you had any cravings? GIRL

    7. How's your Linea Nigra? GIRL

    8. How fast is baby's heartbeat? GIRL

    9. Is the father gaining weight too? GIRL

    10. Are you carrying a watermelon or basketball? GIRL

    TALLY: BOY (1), GIRL (9)

    Keeping my fingers crossed that these were right


 
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
WaterWipes
Give your babies bottom a gift this Xmas! They are the only wipe made using just water and a drop of grapefruit seed extract and may help avoid nappy rash. Check out the great reviews on bubhub and see our website for more info and availability.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Swim Australia
Swim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim Schools located across the country, through our aquatic education, we aim to build a Safer, Smarter, Stronger nation of swimmers.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!