We want to test out some of the gender predicting old wives tales etc.
My EDD is September 19 and a few other BH members due before me have indicated that they'd like to help out!
I'll use the results to write up an article (which is why I'll probably only be able to include those who have their babies before me ... probably will be a bit busier once Second Baby arrives!!!)
Anyway - feel free to play along! This thread can continue forever if you're interested!!
This is what you have to do!
1. Do the 10 tests
2. Write your results as a REPLY to this thread - let us know your EDD
3. If you can't do all tests at once, come back to edit and update the thread as you do the tests
4. Let us know whether your baby is a Boy or a Girl once it is born!!
The 10 tests are:
1. The Ring Test. Get a ring and thread through a strand of your hair or some string. Lie down and dangle the ring over your belly and wait. Observe whether the ring swings side-to-side (like a pendulum) or around in a cirlce. The ring is supposed to predict all your children so if you already have one child the ring will spin one way, then stop, then spin again to predict the second child and so on ...
CIRCLE is girl, SIDE-TO-SIDE is boy (remember to take other kids into account).
2. Chinese Gender Chart. Work out your lunar age and lunar month of conception then use them to find the baby's gender on this chart http://www.chinesegenderchart.info/gender-calculator.php
3. Mother's intuition. What do you think you're having?
4. A girl steals your looks. Do you look radiant? Are you blooming or are you blemishing. Apparently a girl steals your looks so if you're looking great it is a boy. If you've looked better then it is a girl.
5. Are you carrying high or low? A boy is low and a girl is high.
6. Have you had any cravings? If you've craved sweet it's a girl, sour/savoury it's a boy
7. How's your Linea Nigra? The linea nigra can appear on your belly during pregnancy. It's a brownish line down the middle of your belly to your pubic area. If you get a línea nigra and it runs from your pubic area and beyond your belly button then it is a boy. If you don't get it, or if it stops at or below your belly button it is a girl.
8. How fast is baby's heartbeat? You'll need results from one of your scans to do this one. Enter the results here to see what you're having http://www.babybpm.com/
9. Is the father gaining weight too? If he is putting on sympathy pregnancy weight then it is a boy, if not, it is a girl.
10. Are you carrying a watermelon or basketball? If you look like you swallowed a watermelon then you're having a girl, if it is a nice round basketball then its a boy!
Thanks for your help!!