+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadRoll View Post
    i'm not sure an ultrasound any sooner will tell us anything new.

right now it has a heartbeat - if its gonna die , it'll happen in the next fortnight and the ultrasound then will pick it up.... or she'll get start clotting etc before then and we'll know.

All we can do is wait and take the progesterone supplements.
    Talking to my OB this morning - she said the heartbeat was the thing to go by, she wasn't that keen on me getting anymore bloods. So hopefully, cos you've seen a heartbeat it'll hang on. I think the MC rate decreases once there's a heartbeat cos it's not abnormally shaped or anything.
    Really hoping things work out for you guys - I can understand your stress as I'm ttc after a mc too.

AFM, the scan went well - they think the bleeding was caused by the placenta attaching and they could see a bruise. They think the bright red blood was when it happened and the blood should be getting darker as it becomes old blood (which it is).
    It measured smaller than if we went by the last period, but I knew I had a long cycle, so 6 weeks was about spot on.
    We saw a teeny tiny heartbeat. Hopefully the scan next week will show more. They OB scanning didn't seem too worried.

Fingers all crossed for your bub being a sticky BreadRoll Let me know how things go.
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi,

So glad to hear your ultrasound went okay... Just wanted to share my experience/s.

With DD1, I had spotting (bright red) at 6 weeks, totally and utterly freaked me out... my GP got me in for an ultrasound and bloods immediately and there was a little heartbeat pumping away - it was around 145-150bpm I think... my beautiful baby girl was born 17 months ago... spotting only lasted maybe 2-3 days (sonographer explained it was implantation).

This time around, yep, exactly identical thing happened again.

Hit that 6 week mark and I started spotting again (this time it was brown/light red), I wasn't too concerned because of the colour and because I suspected it was the same as last time, except this time I was still spotting after a week, so went to GP, once again got me in for bloods and ultrasound immediately and yep, there was Little Miss' heart beat, around about 135-140bpm. Spotting lasted about 2 weeks this time around (bit scary, but never got to the bright red stage and just stopped randomly). Today I am 33 weeks pregnant and due to go in for my elective C-section in 5 weeks time! Eek!

for you both, Gosette and Breadroll... it is a very scary time, but I tell you what, welcome to the rest of your lives, where you will be worrying about your precious little ones forever! Praying that you both get good reports at your next appointments!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

goosette  (11-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Goosette - I'm super-stoked everything went well for you. And thanks for the info about miscarriage % dropping once you see a heart beat. you're right I just did some reading and apparently the chances drop to like 10% once you see heart beat.

Babylove81:
    Success stories are exactly what we need to hear right now. Thanks so much.
    Congrats on your bub-to-be. Make sure you post after its born and let us know how it all went!!

Good news is that her bleeding seems to have stopped. Just hope her hormones stay up and that little heart keeps beating.

Back to the waiting game

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BreadRoll For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (11-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Goosette - I'm super-stoked everything went well for you. And thanks for the info about miscarriage % dropping once you see a heart beat. you're right I just did some reading and apparently the chances drop to like 10% once you see heart beat.

Babylove81:
    Congrats on your bub-to-be. Make sure you post after its born and let us know how it all went!!

Good news is that her bleeding seems to have stopped. Just hope her hormones stay up and that little heart keeps beating.

Back to the waiting game
    Its the freaking waiting that sucks the most!!! And both my bubs have measured 3-7 days behind my dates at my scans! So frustrating... this little bub of ours has a heart condition (we had to wait an excruciating 8 weeks between echocardiograms to know whether or not she was okay), yet she is a little fighter, and she and her heart are growing at a rate of knots and she is 100% healthy!

Beat little hearts beat... at those scans, I know all you want to do is hold your breathe until you see that little pumping organ and you don't want to breathe or open your eyes until you know its okay!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    you wouldnt believe what happened today...

this sonographer woman was ... so bad!!

we walk in and she was really "dry faced" and not really welcoming/comforting... which isnt what you want when they're gonna stick a wand up you thats big enough to give harry potter envy and you're worried you're miscarrying

Then she starts pokign around and taking measurments and not even talking to us and then my wife is like "is that the heartbeat??" and she's like "what? oh yeah.. thats the heart... 135bpm.." ... i dont think she even would've told us it was beating if DW hadnt noticed (i didnt notice it until it was pointed out to me..)

i thought us men were meant to be insensitive !!! i was so shocked.

really sorry to hear about your bub's heart condition - is it serious?? i guess any heart condition is serious!! what is the doc's plan for treatment ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to share my experience with this...

I had many episodes or red/brown/peach spotting from just before I got my BFP until 12 weeks. I even had one big red bleed that landed me in the emergency department. I had quite a few ultrasounds and bubs was always ok, and had a good heartbeat, although it did measure a few days behind.

I had my last spotting episode of spotting at 12 weeks and have been fine ever since. I am now 36 weeks The doctors didn't know why I had the bleeding, but just told me that it's something some women get. I was also told after we saw a heartbeat that there was a large chance that everything would be ok.

I hope that everything works out for you both. It really is a horrible and stressful thing to go through. I have been told that experiencing some bleeding is actually a lot more common in early pregnancy than a lot of people think, and I know quite a few people who have experienced bleeding but have gone on to have healthy babies. Sending out lots of

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Patience86 For This Useful Post:

goosette  (11-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's just rude! Surely she knew you guys weren't there just to kill some time, seriously, some people have no heart!

Totally off topic, but that happened to us at our 20 week scan with DD1 - we were so excited because we knew she would actually look like a baby and couldn't wait (and our scans beforehand were all done nicely and the sonographers were wonderful and explained everything)... anyway, we get there on the day and this guy (sorry, but yes, he was insensitive), is doing the scan and he says, well okay, for the first bit I'm just going to check baby out and take measurements and stuff and then I'll show you the baby... he took half an hour to do all the standard stuff and then right at the end he flips the screen around and says, well there's your baby, thanks, see you later!!! WTF!!!

At that point we weren't finding out what we were having (didn't find out until 30 weeks!) but he didn't even ask us if we wanted to know!!! I thought about writing a letter of complaint, but never did, but will never go back there either!!!

I hope at your next scan, you get a lovely sonographer, stupid woman!

Thanks
    Reviews

Babylove81:

Back to the waiting game
    I'm so glad the bleeding's stopped! Fantastic news. I guess that all we can do is be positive. Hoping there's a great 90% "hanging in there" rate for us.

Thanks for the positive story babylove81 - it's so reassuring to hear. The waiting is a killer though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    he took half an hour to do all the standard stuff and then right at the end he flips the screen around and says, well there's your baby, thanks, see you later!!! WTF!!!
    are you kidding me? that IS bad.

when i was reading your story i thought he was gonna yell out "NEXT!!!" afterwards or something...

i know those places get busy but still...

DW thinks they just get "detatched" and cant care about/be excited for 20 women who come through their theatre every day.

Well they could at least try!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babylove81- Sorry to hear about your little bub's heart condition. what do they think it is? I can't believe how insensitive your scanner was - what a douche! I mean, it's not something you do everyday; I don't understand how they can get so flippant. Personally, I would love seeing how excited each person gets when seeing their little bub.

Patience86 - thanks for the positive story. We really need to hear them! It's funny how doctors says it's all normal (and it probably is- they reckon mine was bruising), but we get so set that in pregnancy, bleeding is not normal. So glad it worked out for you too and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

BreadRoll - I reckon i'd have jammed the wand somewhere up that sonographer woman if she'd done that to me!! What a cow. How insensitive - it's not like you were there for a standard scan either - some reassurance would have been nice. Good on your DW for finding the heartbeat.
    How is it all this morning? Hoping it's all stopped Keep in touch and let me know how it all goes

AFM, bleeding's almost totally stopped - Hope i never see it again. Have a horrid feeling that I might at 8 weeks, cos I got a "period" at 4.......Oh well, time will tell. Have another scan booked for next week ( will be 7w), so hopefully pickle will have grown.