+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Also moving to Townsville

I'll be moving to Townsville at the end of next month.
    I'm in Melbourne atm. My partner is in the army and is being posted there. I've been in Melbourne for a bit over a year now and i'm freaking out about being alone up there. My sister was living here before we moved down so it wasn't as bad. It took me a few months to find bubhub and eventually met up with some other mums so i thought i would get in early on meeting mums from Townsville
    So i'm Rickie-lea and i'm 22, DP is 23 and DD will be 2 next month. I also have another little one on the way due early Jan. I'm not fussy and would love to get to know mums and bubs of any ages.
    Also i'm really interested to know what the weather is like this time of year? I consider anything between 18 and 20 degrees a nice day, for Melbourne anyway! DD has had a growth spurt is needs new clothes and i'm not sure if i should be buying for warm or cool weather.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hello I'm 23, DH in the Army, DD will be 2 in a week and a bit and DS is 6 months. I love making new friends so PM me when you're here, or we can add each other on FB and meet up

I'd buy mostly warm clothes as it's about 24 during the day with winter PJs and a few jumpers and long pants, it's quite cool in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi
    Im 25 and have a ds who is 3 #2 due in feb

I live 2 hrs south of townsville but am often down there to do shopping and take ds to tge aquarium ( we live in a very small town so try an get out a bit lol )
    Also i am birthing at the townsville birth center so will be down monthly ( ish) for meetings with my midwives over the next few months

As for weather during the days summer clothes and gets a little cooler at night . It has gotten thru the coldest part here so it will get warmer from here on in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for replying so fast ladies. I feel a lot less anxious now!
    I'm definitely looking forward to some warmer weather. I hate not being able to take DD places because it's too cold.
    Did your DP also get posted to Townsville, Elle?
    Feel free to add me to facebook. I check it more regularly than i do here. It's facebook.com/rickielea

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's all getting so real now!! We have the house and are getting everything ready to be moved. We got a house in Kirwan. Only 6 weeks till we move!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Kirwan is a nice area. As for weather - we're still in the pool most afternoons here! I live in Townsville. We travel to other places but will probably never leave the north. My only child is nearly 8 so at school.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hey there

Hi Ricky
    We are moving to Kirwan as well and Im due Jan and have a 14mth old let me know if you want to catch up one day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there ladies. I'm moving to tville in January 2013! A long way off but I can't wait. When I arrive my two girls will be 5 and 7 so need advice on schools. Have been told kirwan is a gd place to buy. What's your thoughts? I'm moving from nz so it's a big move for me xxx