Closed Thread
Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Zakmick my FS has me on Zinc x2, CoQ10 x2, folic acid, baby aspirin, fish oil, vitamin e, Metformin & DHEA. Hubby is on Aloe Vera juice, 1/2 clomid a day as well as the zinc and folic acid. When I stimm I'm also on 10mg Predisone, clexane and something else (the name escapes me right now). Im not sure hpw or if it is all helping but I've only done one cycle with this FS and last EPU I got 22 eggs (no OHSS!!). My average is ten but they were all still crap quailty and only 12 could be injected. I'm hoping out next (and last with my eggs) cycle will show some results with the cocoction we are on.

Hope that helps!

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks girls again.
    Looks like majority of us are on similar vitamins/ minerals.

I'm really sounding like I know nothing, but Abubby did I read your DH is on clomid & folate? What's the benefit of this?

Felicita: I think what you just wrote about NK cells etc, is the first time I have read something and actually understood it, without having to re- read it again thankyou (lol)- and I agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies

Wow so much has happened in the last couple of days.

Zakmick - My FS had DH on zinc and has always said its very important to keep his zinc up.... I take it as well but I don't take as many vitamins and supplements as most seem to do. I guess I am slowly giving up if I was going to be truly honest with myself..

Clem - Welcome hun. I moved to this thread too. The other threads move to fast and I always get left behind. Im happy for all the lovely ladies that finally get their wish but its still hard..

Abubby - welcome as well. Can I ask what does the clomid do for MFI? DH has this issue with us.

KMVW - How are you travelling. How many weeks are you now?

Marzi - I just read your signature. A big congrats to you hun. Fully deserved. You give me hope.

re: Freeze all. I have done this twice now. My clinic have been doing it for a few years now. My science director was one of the key speakers at the recent seminars held in Istanbul. She also was the one that came up with embryogen along with a Dr Robinson from SA.... Im lucky to have her. I never have good embryos to freeze. But when they freeze them at the 2PN stage (pronuclei) they are a lot hardier. Its the only time I have had FETS and got a chem pregnancy from that as well..I just had 2 frozen last week the day after EPU.

AFM - Well Im just soldiering along. Im 8dp3dt and now with the HCG trigger completely out of me I have lost those fake pregnancy symptoms and am now doubting the ET. I haven't tested yet. Just taking it one day at a time.

all the best to all the ladies....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Clem I don't want to sound rude but I don't understand the stimulation of your uterus theory since you have no problems getting pg, i have read the theory but I'm no doctor though. Have you thought of a second opinion?

I had one FS who believed in nk cells and one who thought it was a waste if time. The one who believed in immune problems has a patient who had 7 miscarriages before being treated with immune problems and is now over 12 weeks.

I wish you well and hope your ok
    Hi kmvw, you’re not being rude at all J

(sorry for the long post) I had a long chat with our FS yesterday about it. She had asked that I do the biopsy earlier this week and I assumed it was to test for NK cells. When I sat down with her, she said that she doesn’t put a lot of stock in NK cells and treating with Predinsone because she thinks there isn’t enough research to say that it works.

She thinks there may be something wrong with my lining because the embryo can implant, but then it doesn’t get any further than about 5 weeks each time. She said the latest research out of Europe and out of that international conference in Istanbul a few weeks ago is that if you do the endo biopsy/scraping it creates a “healing environment” in the uterus which makes it more receptive to the embryo and the small amount of research has shown a lot of success with women doing a frozen cycle straight after the biopsy. SO as it’s a very low risk procedure I figured we would try it as it only puts us back 1 month, and she has agreed to transfer 2 embryo’s. If it doesn’t work, I might ask her if I can try the prednisone for the last transfer of our last frozen blasty (i’m already on clexane). I’m also doing all the blood work for recurrent miscarriage as well (which will include all the auto immune stuff) but we already have tests from 2 years ago that my GP did to say that i dont have any kind of auto immune thing.

I think (and FS agreed) we have to change something, i keep transferring perfect hatching blasties and they are implanting, but not making it further along. She also said it could be a numbers game and that it might just need a few more to have success. I think basically she said why don’t we try to improve the environment of the uterus, and see if that gives a different result.

After that, i guess it’s back to the drawing board for another stim!
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 27-07-2012 at 18:54.

Zakmick is offline Can't change the past, but we can learn from it to make us stronger and move forward!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by April78 View Post
    Your DH's are so good taking there vitamins - the only way I could get my DH to take vitamins is if it came pre-mixed in his Corona !!
    he hasnt taken them yet!! has only agreed if we have to do another stim cycle...he was given herbs to take by tcm lady and he chased them down with a VB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm out. I'm at work and trying to keep it together. This is bull sh!t!!!!
    How long can I keep doing this to myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Bubs4kylee I'm sooo sorry! My heart is breaking for you!

Zakmick yes hubby is on clomid. FS put him on it to hopefully improve sperm quality and quantity. It does a similar job in men as it does females, it increases FSH with should improve testosterone production which in turn boosts sperm. He's only been on it since may so we should hopefully see an improvement next cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs4kylee View Post
    I am so, so sorry so unfair

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bubs4kylee View Post
    {{{{big hugs}}}} kylee...we are all thinking of you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubs4kylee ((hugs)) its so unfair. We are all here for you.