Closed Thread
Page 85 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all I haven't posted for a while.

Just thought I would share with you all my main learnings from seeing an integrative GP yesterday = get your vitamin d checked! I have been taking 3000 mg of vitamin D each day. However he said that based on a blood test I had back in December, I would be vitamin D deficient to the point were it could be making me infertile, even with though I supplement this! This means that an IVF cycle at this time would be a failure though I have never been test for this. In fact he said that I would need to be taking 9000 a day of Vitamin D to be at the levels I should be at! So if you haven't done so please make sure those D levels are up.

When I told him about how my high estrogen levels resulted in cancellation of my last ivf attempt he said that this may be due to the high amount of DHEA that I have been taking. He said that sometimes if you have too much DHEA in your body (I have been taking about 75 (3 tablets) every day for approximately the last 8 months) your body will start converting the DHEA to Estrogen!!! This of course can contribute to infertility.. so the message is that DHEA levels need to be closely monitored by your prescribing doctor.

My FS has never tested this. I am only ever tested for FSH, estrogen and progesterone levels on day 2 of my bleed to determine whether an iVF cycle can viably proceed. Can I ask what everyone else is tested on to see if this varies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    April and Aloe, I hope you are taking it easy on yourselves. It's a tough and bumpy road with many dead ends. I hope the next path you take leads to your precious mirical.

Wana, nope I was only tested for the standard. DHEA is mainly to help the over 35's? I think.... So I was never taking the supliment. I was taking CQ10 tho. Will be interesting to hear what your FS has to say about the DHEA levels. I'd Deffinatly ask to have it checked each bt you have.

Love and To you all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mary

I am taking metformin and my dose is 2000. It does cause stomach aches but these improve with time. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Maryz View Post
    Does anyone have polycystic ovaries and also taking metformin/diabex? What dosage are you on? Do you get lots of tummy aches?

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFP! But I'm a little uptight, 16dpo or 11dpt5dt hcg is 142. Nurse said it was a little on the low side, freaking me out. She said to organise a scan in two weeks so I rang back and asked if I could have another BT Friday. Oh worried now

Rang another nurse who said it was a perfectly fine number.... Who to believe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kmvw: Congrats, fantastic news! The number is perfectly fine. Mine was 149 at 11dp5dt as well. Celebrate!!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz I have PCO but not PCOS however in a last ditched effort they told me to take Metformin to improve egg quality. I hated it and stopped taking it - it's not nice on the stomach but apparently if you stick with it you can build up a tolerance. I just didn't think it would do much for me given that I don't have insulin problems. How are you going with it?

KMVW - Congrats on BFP try not to stress about the numbers easier said then done.

April and Aloe so sorry it wasn't good news.

Nat - You were on the very first thread I ever posted to! I'm glad you finally have your BFP and without the help of IVF it's so amazing.

To everyone else hi and hope you are all going ok

xx
    SS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kmvw I agree with mary the levels are fine. So the spotting was a good sign! with all my ivf BFP's I have had spotting from about 12dpo.
    So congratulations and easy to say I know but try to relax and enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kmvw & Gretchen: I had the spotting too for a few days from about 11dpo.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,<br />
    <br />
    I saw my FS today 5 wks after my D&C. The tests showed no chromosomal abnormalities with our little boy and no bacteria or infection. No answers as to why my membranes ruptured at 14 wks. But he does think its cervical incompetence and next time I get pregnant I'll be having a cervical stitch put in at 12 weeks. I'm really upset he's making me wait till mid Sept for the frozen blastocyst transfer as he insists I must have 2 cycles. So it's back on the pill today as I don't get my periods on my own. I'm going to use the next 2 months to hit the gym, clean up my diet and lose some weight. Don't know how I'll survive waiting so long but he begs me to trust him and that he knows what he's doing. I suppose it is normal to wait several months after a miscarriage. Now the horrible part is he says that next time I get pregnant I am to stop work from 12 weeks and bedrest from the time the stitch goes in. He says I will definately be in hospital from 20 weeks pregnancy and possibly even earlier so that they can try get me to a stage where the preg is viable after 28 weeks. I'm shocked as I have no idea how I will get off work from 3 mths preg and how does one survive in hospital on bedrest for 4 1/2 months???? I want a baby desperately but don't know how much more I can cope. Feeling very depressed after the appointment.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz, I've heard about the cervical stich thing. It was a possibility I may have needed one. As it was, crinone has been enough. I'm on it till birth. Bed rest will be boring yes, but if that's what it takes it will be worth it. I have known a few who were on bed rest from early on, they managed and coped and got their reward. Try to think about it in a posative way…the things we are willing to do.
    Question, why does your body not cycle by its self? Mine doesn't either as I have Kallmanns syndrome. What pill do they give you?