Closed Thread
Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    dex is a steroid like prednisone, i started on 1mg of dex first, according to alan beers book its best to start with dex for PCOS pts., till we got a heartbeat then we change to prednisone 25mg. so if ure on prednisone already ure all good. my FS doesnt believe in dhea or anything either. i just research my self and took matters into my own hands so to speak i was tired of doing the same thing over and over again with the same bfn result!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi warriors,

How are you today?

I'm so sorry to here of your battle with Asherman's syndrome Starfish. It is a very cruel syndrome and I can only hope that you and your frosties are soon united.

Gretchen, I know how hard it is to stay positive after a result that is less than you expected. Expectations kill us on the journey. 5 fertilised eggs is great. Maybe this time it will be a case of from little things big things growing. When will your transfer be?

Katiana, how did your transfer go? I hope that you had a good result.

Kmvw - in answer to your question is 100% fertilisation rate indicative of a dna problem? Our high fertilisation rate but low blastocyst outcome was a signal that we had DNA fragmentation issues as it revealed that I produce good quality eggs and our embryos are fine until day 3 (when the sperm takes of development). We had a SCSA test that confirmed a high percentage of DNA fragmentation. DP was put on a cocktail of vitamins and help with sperm production and a special anti-oxident diet.

AFM - Well I had a good day. I had my transfer today. I had expected the phone to ring every day to tell me that we had nothing to transfer and I was too scared to call the lab to find out our results. Turns out we have done much better than we expected. Today we had 5 blastocysts will going strong!. One was hatching. We have had 2 transferred today and the others will be re-assessed tomorrow to see if they are suitable for freezing. Even if they are not, this cycle has been a big improvement for us and we're going to enjoy the up section of the roller-coaster for a while, being all too aware a down section is just around the corner.

Sorry, this post into a bit of an all about me post ( no more I promise). I hope your Monday treats you well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aloe great results congratulations on being PUPO. FX you get some frosties

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Loveabug For This Useful Post:

aloe vera  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!

I was a warrior woman and did contribute to this thread a few months back. I just wanted to come back and give everyone some hope as I battled for five years with infertility. We did 9 rounds of IVF in total, resulting in three very disappointing chemical pregnancies as well as a whole lot of nothing.

I was ready to think about a donor, fostering or just giving up. Our last cycle we were going to have our embryos tested and we also got a very disappointing phone call that out of our 11 day five embryos only one was suitable quality for testing and the other was pretty average. My Dr suggested that we just put them back in me instead of the testing and I was at the point of thinking that we were never going to make it or find the answers.

To cut a very LOOOOOOONG story short! I am now nearly 12 week pregnant with twins from that last terrible cycle! I honestly never thought that it was going to happen and am so paranoid about them already!

Ladies, it CAN HAPPEN!!!!!! Don't give up on your dream. Get a 2nd opinion, get a 3rd. Just don't give up!

I hope that gave some of you some hope. Five years was a very long time but now I don't even dwell on it because I can just think about the future!

I am happy to answer any questions that you may have! I would love every one to feel like I do right now!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mnmc For This Useful Post:

aloe vera  (18-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mnmc View Post
    Hello everyone!

I was a warrior woman and did contribute to this thread a few months back. I just wanted to come back and give everyone some hope as I battled for five years with infertility. We did 9 rounds of IVF in total, resulting in three very disappointing chemical pregnancies as well as a whole lot of nothing.

I was ready to think about a donor, fostering or just giving up. Our last cycle we were going to have our embryos tested and we also got a very disappointing phone call that out of our 11 day five embryos only one was suitable quality for testing and the other was pretty average. My Dr suggested that we just put them back in me instead of the testing and I was at the point of thinking that we were never going to make it or find the answers.

To cut a very LOOOOOOONG story short! I am now nearly 12 week pregnant with twins from that last terrible cycle! I honestly never thought that it was going to happen and am so paranoid about them already!

Ladies, it CAN HAPPEN!!!!!! Don't give up on your dream. Get a 2nd opinion, get a 3rd. Just don't give up!

I hope that gave some of you some hope. Five years was a very long time but now I don't even dwell on it because I can just think about the future!

I am happy to answer any questions that you may have! I would love every one to feel like I do right now!

its gr8 to hear such stories. my DD took nearly 6 years , i know it can happen....u just gotta be stubborn about it all i guess...lol.

our transfer went gr8, feeling good today, been abit bloated and sore, but i look at our little miss and remember why we do this.... especially when she sleeps for 12 hours and then wakes up like ... so what did i miss????

babydust to all, fingers crossed bfp's are heading this way to this thread

Green Mum to be is offline Just one baby pretty pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I'm a little behind on the thread to give my support individually but know that i always read the thread updates that are sent to my email and think of you frequently

I'm posting to ask for some advice. We are going to the FS tomorrow and this will be the last fresh cycle that i am going to undertake (if we have frosties then i'll go back to use them up). Considering the background below is there anything that i should push with the FS to check/investigate?

Background:

15months at home with known donor (2 x chem)
    FS appointment: bloods / levels checked & unfortunate procedure to check that my tubes weren't blocked.
    AMH and LSH out of the normal range for my age
    ICSI with my eggs resulted in reducing fertilisation rates with no fertilisation the last try
    Onto donor eggs with DP - all her bloods / levels look excellent for her age
    Decent rates of fertilisation, eggs don't defrost well.
    1st attempt: 18 eggs, 12 fert, 10 frozen
    transfer - 8 defrosted for 1 blasty
    2nd attempt: 10 eggs, 6 fert, 2 excellent quality transferred, 2 frozen
    defrost - 1 survived the thaw transferred

All BFN, didn't make it to bloods, AF arrived perfectly on time each time.

I do have mid cycle spotting every month and i think i get weird pains / feelings in that area during the TWW. However, i may just be paranoid / obsessed due to the excessive amounts of IVF we undertake.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mnmc - congratulations.

Green Mum to be - dunno, just throw everything at it? DP on DHEA for 3 months prior to stim until EPU. Prednisolone and clexane for implantation. Antibiotics for implantation. (Luveris for egg quality during stim helped me, but I had acquired a history of LH dropping too low.) Assisted hatching. Extra progesterone support plus monitoring of levels during TWW. Change type of progesterone support or add in second type. Have you had hysteroscopy? Pre- post-transfer acupuncture. Uterine biopsy or similar "trauma" less than 3 cycles/months before transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mnmc thanks for sharing, it's great to read stories like this you give me a little hope.

Green mum to be sorry I can't offer any advice but I'll be reading along to see if anyone comes up with anything. I have unexplained infertility and have had so many tests with no answers.

Aloe vera you've had a great result! this is the last transfer for you for a while. I know about calling the lab I called at 9am and they called me back at 3pm with not very good news 4 embyros, 1 10 cell they said was growing to fast? 2 6cell and 1 4 cell. My transfer is on wednesday, I'll be dreading a phone call all morning from the clinic telling me there's nothing to transfer.

For those using clexane what day do you usually start? and also when doing fresh cycles if you use crinone how many a day and for how long?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gretchen - clexane starts a day or two after EPU. You don't want to be on it during EPU because you will bleed too much. For the EPU when I had a little more bleeding than usual (I normally had close to none) I delayed the clexane by a day - until I was satisfied the bleeding had definitely stopped.

I used crinone starting the day after EPU at 7am and 7pm. I think a couple of times I started the same evening as EPU.
    A few rare people don't get residue build-up, but I recommend removing the residue in the shower at least once every 2 or so days immediately before the next dose is due - taking care not to bother my cervix on the day or two after ET.
    Stay on the crinone until BFN confirmed by blood test, or until BFP with decent progesterone levels confirmed. On a BFN BT my progesterone with crinone is 30-35, so with a BFP I'd stay on it until at least a level of 70 to show that my body is also contributing enough to keep AF away. But with a BFP from a fresh cycle, you will probably have many follicles each contributing 40 progesterone, so if your ovaries are playing nicely itshouldn't be hard to reach 70. (This is why mine was around 500.)

I hadn't transferred as many embies as you, but the ones that implanted were (yet again) only morulas on day 5. you get something to transfer even if it's not the ideal blasty. Good luck.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Gretchen  (20-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that felicita, I've just done that blasted clexane shot. My FS tells me to start it after transfer but I've read alot of people start it earlier. The crinone for me is not started until 2 days after opu in the evening then twice a day after that. With all the cycles I have done, stim and thaw I have never had my progesterone levels checked even when I have asked, I'm sure this is part of the reason for some of my early m/c, my hcg keeps rising and I bleed the whole time.