Closed Thread
Page 79 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the good wishes all. No call from the clinic today so I assume that we have at least one embie going strong.

kmvw - we have significant DNA fragmentation issues so we know why we have great fertilisation rates and then struggle to get embryos beyond day 3. Our FS keeps telling us that given my age we will get a baby but it may take some time...no kidding! We did get a twin pregnancy with bad DNA fragmentation (only to miscarry but we assured that was not related) and do get a lot of chemical pregs and I do believe if we get the right one we will get our baby to go with our DS.

Great news that you have no luteal phase defect and you can to a natural FET. Fingers crossed for you embie. FX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome.

Aloe vera that's a great result 17 eggs and all to fertalise! Day three seems to be the day my embryos start to drop off as well but when I asked FS if he thought it could be a sperm issue he didn't want to hear about it! This also happened with my donor eggs.

kmvw hoping your embies make it to day5 for transfer.

Mary I have never had a D&C before but I do seem to get preganant the next transfer after I have had a M/C.

AFM I had my opu yesterday with my worst result ever. I only had 8 eggs and 5 fertalised with icsi, now the long wait until wednesday for transfer. Gee I hope I still have at least 1 emby by then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maryz I had 2 D&C last year it didn't help me but I have heard it can help just depends on the person.

Aloe great fert results

Kmvw I have every thing crossed for a great result

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gretchen FX all 5 will survive

AFM well AF has arrived a few days early so now I have to work out when our stim cycle will happen in July hopefully it won't mess with our plans FX.

Hello lovelies I'm thinking of you all. to all the lovelies I've missed lots of baby dust to xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryz View Post
    Hi ladies

Just wondering whether it's easier to conceive again with IVF after a D&C?? Or should I say is it easier to conceive again once your body has already been pregnant?? I've heard that it might be because the body already knows what to do. I'm interested on others experiences. It was my first pregnancy ever which ended with a D&C. And still spotting 13 days later arrghhhhhh

Mary
    Hi Mary,
    Obviously I am not a fan of D&C's as I have been unlucky enough to acquire Asherman's syndrome from having one but I realise in some cases they are necessary and would advise anyone who is unfortunate enough to need one to at least have it done under guidance (ultrasound or better yet under a hysteroscope). There does seem to be some confusion around whether implantation rates can in fact improve after a 'clean out' or scarifying the endometrium, however there is also evidence that a D&C can thin the lining for 6 months post procedure, which obviously could impact implantation rates.

"Thin endometrium can also occur in women who have had D&Cs, even if they did not develop Asherman’s syndrome. In fact, a recent study found that the endometrium of women is thinner for about 6 months after a D&C"

Moon KS, Richter KS, Levy MJ, Widra EA. Does dilation and curettage versus expectant management for spontaneous abortion in patients undergoing in vitro fertilization affect subsequent endometrial development? Fertil Steril. 2009;92(5):1776-9. PMID 19560759
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 16-06-2012 at 13:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aloevera is a 100% fertilisation rate indicative of a dna problem? I get 100% fertilisation rates as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
    Thanks for the welcome.

Aloe vera that's a great result 17 eggs and all to fertalise! Day three seems to be the day my embryos start to drop off as well but when I asked FS if he thought it could be a sperm issue he didn't want to hear about it! This also happened with my donor eggs.

kmvw hoping your embies make it to day5 for transfer.

Mary I have never had a D&C before but I do seem to get preganant the next transfer after I have had a M/C.

AFM I had my opu yesterday with my worst result ever. I only had 8 eggs and 5 fertalised with icsi, now the long wait until wednesday for transfer. Gee I hope I still have at least 1 emby by then.

5 fertilised, well done, u only need one good one to stick. reading ure siggy, ure amazing, i have everything crossed that ure bfp comes asap!!! may i ask what donor ure waiting for, eggs? embys?
    we just had our 21 transfer, TTC#2, after reading dr beers book, i believe thats why our daughter is here.... that and this time round DHEA gave us a good egg collection wednesday.

babydust to all u warrior women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveabug hope your cycle plans work out.

Katiana you must have been so thrilled to finaly have DD after so many transfers. Did you do something different for that cycle? I really hope this transfer works for you and you have no.2 first try!
    I know it only takes 1 good emby for that BFP but I usually get around 20 eggs then have 15 fertalise and by day 5 have 2 to transfer and some to freeze. I'm on the waiting list for donor eggs... I've had 1 unknown donor but we didn't have any embies make it to transfer day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
    Loveabug hope your cycle plans work out.

Katiana you must have been so thrilled to finaly have DD after so many transfers. Did you do something different for that cycle? I really hope this transfer works for you and you have no.2 first try!
    I know it only takes 1 good emby for that BFP but I usually get around 20 eggs then have 15 fertalise and by day 5 have 2 to transfer and some to freeze. I'm on the waiting list for donor eggs... I've had 1 unknown donor but we didn't have any embies make it to transfer day.

with my DD i only got 7 eggs, and only the 2 they transfered back, no frosties at all. this cycle is a miracle, we actually got frosties!!!!
    EPU 7 (8eggs) & 6(3eggs) NO frosties, 5 no fertilisation i had 20 eggs!!!, 4 3 2 1 frosties. and of course this epu 8 frosties.
    the cycle with my daughter i took dex, prednisone, clexane and aspirin... so EVERyythinG. since she was born i took dhea, not prescribed over the net type one, nothing dramatic, and now we got 24 eggs, 2 transfered, 14 frosties waiting in the fridge. i cant tell u exactly what did it, but i have a feeling the dhea didnt hurt all of ours are ICSI too cos we use donor sperm. i have PCOS so fragmented embys are the norm, thou these 2 on saturday where normal, i dont even think the FS believed it...lol. ive only done day 5 transfer a few times just to see whats happening but im usually a day 3 transfer girl.
    is ure fs open to different protocals? like prednison and clexane and stuff???? is he pro active?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Katiana you've had a great result this time, and all those frosties!
    I asked FN if FS would prescribe DHEA for me and she said he "didn't believe the hype" so I didn't even ask him, maybe I'll just order from the internet
    What is dex? is it an antibiotic? I'm on prednisolone 20mg, clexane and baby asprin as well.