Closed Thread
Page 77 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a bucket load of blood taken today, was a little frightened when the nurse said i had to lie flat because there were so many vials and i couldn't go back to work.

I had a little look at what the FS ordered mainly immune & clotting tests. I will be furious if any come back positive for immune issues, I specifically told the FS about my immune issues before cycle 1, then again after cycle 2.

I hope they don't show anything but I guess if they do it could be a reason for failures and possibly they can be sorted out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maryz,
    I'm sorry to read your story, you are very brave and I hope that you are being kind to yourself and recovering as best you can.
    I have done FETs back to back but have always had to wait a month after a stimulated cycle, chemical pregnancy or miscarriage to ensure your body is ready to go again. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was trying to avoid it (not that I have anything against anyone the title just scares me) but thinking it may be time to join you lovely girls, compared to some I know our 3 cycles 6 transfers isn't alot but after a meeting with fs today I have a feeling it may be many more we started off with MFI however it would seem all dh stats have picked up and are with in normal now! Morph went from 3%-14%!!! However fs has suggested an egg problem as we don't get good fert rates and our embryos tend to grow too quickly?! So today we had BT for karyotyping but he put it as bluntly as if there is an issue nothing they can do and mentioned giving up and donor eggs so this afternoon is a struggle and it's a whole 8 weeks to get test results!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aloe Vera: thanks. My FS said to wait 2 months after the miscarriage before we go for the FET. I don't know how I'm going to survive this wait! I can't stand just waiting.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz, I totally agree the waiting after a miscarriage is just awful. I think that it is the hardest thing that I have had to do in the IVF journey. I have no advice as to how to get through it other than to do all the things that you haven't been able to do (eat soft cheese and drink good wine) and let your body and mind heal. My deepest sympathies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Moo,
    I remember you from the January cycle. Welcome to the thread, nobody wants to be a long termer but it's good to have support from other people that understand. Plus many of the girls here have gone on to get pregnant so it gives us hope. The waiting sucks, I hope you get some answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aloe Vera: I like the good wine and cheese idea. Maybe even a mini getaway with hubby once I'm feeling abit better. I think anything to make the time go faster right now. This journey really sucks!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    During our last cycle when we did the Colorado, I was taking aspirin right up until the miscarriage. Then I stopped it. I am wondering if others have taken aspirin and did you stop it after an unsuccessful cycle or do you just continue taking it all the time?? I'm thinking there can be no harm in taking the aspirin daily continually?? I didn't get a chance to ask my FS.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz what was the brand of aspirin you were taking and what was the dose? I am going to start taking aspirin and wanted to know what dose people take.
    My fertile friends takes it everyday for something else so I don't see why it wouldn't be ok for you to continue taking it, but yeah maybe check with your FS be on the safe side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summershine: I was taking the Astrix brand 100mg tablet per day, you just get it over the counter. Cartia brand is also ok. I think I might go back on it permanently. I agree it can't do harm.

Mary