Closed Thread
Page 76 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Aloe Vera - despite 15 or so cycles being told we had egg quality issues where we barely had any that survived to day 3 let alone to transfer and never had any able to freeze, we tried PICSI at my insistence as DH has high DNA fragmentation and that was a completely different cycle for us finally. Just wondering if you have tried this and when you say he has high DNA fragmentation, do you know the percentage?
    DH has 25% I think but when we had a cycle with a high res microscope they only found 6 sperm that looked good enough to try, so I think the quality is pretty bad, but with PICSI they select the best of what you have.
    If you were interested, that might be worth trying before you move to a donor?
    Last edited by Haydos1979; 05-06-2012 at 06:38.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Haydos1979 For This Useful Post:

aloe vera  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz - What a horrible experience. I can't believe the Dr didn't give you any warning about the pills. That is such a traumatic experience, how are you going now?

Kmvw - It's probably worth getting a test for progesterone if you seem to be spotting early after transfer. If you are low they will probably up your Crinone. Thankfully a LPD is something they can treat relatively easily. If you do have a LPD you need to have medicated cycles regardless of whether they are fresh or FET. Good luck I hope you get answers!

Aloe Vera, welcome to the thread. I'm sorry I can't help with MFI but as you can see the girls on this thread are a wealth of knowledge.

Green Mum- Big I think that's a really good suggestion by Felicita to do a freeze all cycle if you need a break! I took a big break last year - it really helped to have many months not focused on this stuff.

Hope everyone is going well!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerShine For This Useful Post:

aloe vera  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz how are you? What has happened is so sad. Do you think that you might go for counselling after such a traumatic situation? I can only imagine how hard this time must be for you. Let us know how you are feeling. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Summershine & wanabemum: thanks for your messages. I'm doing ok physically, just quite abit of bleeding still but imagine that should stop within a week. Mentally it's a totally different story. I'm finding it hard to cope with my emotions at the moment. I go feeling fine one minute to balling my eyes out the next and I think poor hubby doesn't know what to do with me. He's upset too and I think I upset him more by crying on and off. I am traumatized by seeing the fetus that's for sure, it's constantly in my head. I'm off work till mid next week so hoping I am somewhat better by then. Not a happy time for me right now. I wish I had some answers but maybe it was just pure bad luck. The only thing that makes me feel abit better is knowing I am one step closer because now we know I can get pregnant. Over the last 9 yrs I doubted whether that was even possible! And I have a fantastic positive FS who's confident we can do it again so let's hope so.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone had any experience with a cervical stitch?? I'm told I'm going to need it done next time even though I don't quite understand how that can prevent the membranes rupturing again. If anyone has any info that would be great.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spoke to FS about my shorter cycles, FS seems to think my cycles are fine even though I have never had levels checked between the Luteal Phase. I'm not so sure, but you have to try and trust their expertise. Will be having bloods taken tomorrow to check for any other problems. No idea what they are, apparently a standard after 3 failed cycles.

Has anyone had acupuncture and did it cause a problem with your cycle? I tried acupuncture last cycle and have had the worst spotting, cramping and heavy bleeding for a very long time. I'm a little frightened to go back for my next cycle.

Will be doing another Natural FET this month, FS asked if I wanted a break. I don't see the point in a break. Most likely will do a det this time as we only have 2 grade 3 embies left before I seek another FS opinion.

Sorry Mary I can't help you, but anything is worth trying. I really hope it helps you and I hope you feel better soon
    Last edited by kmvw; 06-06-2012 at 16:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kmvw I have to say that I would insist on a BT to check your progesterone. It's a simple test so I don't see why they wouldn't just do it, to rule it out and give you peace of mind. As I said for 3 years my first clinic said all was good with me. Go with your own instincts. If you have no luck with this next FET and you bleed early I would definitely have it checked. How early are you bleeding after transfer?

Maryz - Did they explain to you why you needed a cervical stitch. I may need one as I had a cone biopsy which shortens the length of the cervix. However, from my reading it said that one of the side effects of a cervical stitch is that it can rupture the membrane so I'm not sure why you are having it. I would definitely ask the FS again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cycle 1 antagonist with crinone.
    10dp spotting & 11dp day 1

Cycle 2 natural FET.
    13dp & 15dp day 1 (chem)

Cycle 3 natural FET.
    8-11dp spotting & 12dp day 1

Nurses suggesting implantation for spotting but not viable hence really heavy AF but I doubt it, very negative hpt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summershine: I read the same thing and will be asking all those questions. It's prob a risk of the procedure much like miscarriage is a risk from amniocentesis. It's all too confusing and I suppose at the end of the day gotta trust the judgement of ones doctor. They see this happen all the time so they must know whether a stitch is the right way to go.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know how long one needs to wait after a FET cycle (not natural) assuming it fails before doing a fresh stimulated cycle?

Mary