Closed Thread
Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much ladies. Had the D&C yesterday, it went well. I've since had very sore cramps and very heavy bleeding. Hopefully should settle soon. Just taking it easy now and prob take the week off work, I'm not in the mood!! The worst part wasnt the D&C, it was what happened prior at home. Dr had me take 2 tablets 2 hrs prior to coming into hospital. He didn't explain what they were for properly and I understood they were just to relax me. It ended up being tablets that cause contractions and I was nearly screaming in pain 30 mins after I took the tablets. The horrific part is I passed the whole fetus in the toilet at home from the contractions and they said how smart I was to bring it into the hospital so they could send it to pathology. It was horrible and the hardest thing I ever had to see but then again we kinda said goodbye by actually seeing the fetus. Just hard to get the picture out of my mind now, don't think I ever will in my life! Dr apologized in hospital for not explaining properly the tablets but he said it was a good thing for me as less potential trauma to the uterus from the procedure, the procedure was alot simpler. Now I just need to recover!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    I may not post much for the next 6-8 weeks but looking to be back in August when we are hopefully ready to try again with our last frozen blastocyst. Maybe it will be the lucky last!! Will spend the next 2 months looking after myself, maybe take a mini holiday with hubby before we go at it again! Arrgghhhh this is a tough journey. I constantly ask myself how much more can I take????

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz how are you? I was so sad to hear your news and can only imagine your pain. I feel for you and send you a big hug x

kmvw - welcome! I am a bit new to this thread as well and from my experience can say that everyone here is extremely friendly and supportive.

Hello and hope everyone else is good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,
    I'm a long time stalker of this thread and have just plucked up the courage to join. I'm a long term IVF warrior too but also an IVF graduate. My DS was conceived on our first FET of our first cycle IVF/ISCI and is the love of my life. We commenced TTC#2 as soon as I stopped breastfeeding him. Well to cut a very long story short, 3 miscarriages and many chemical pregnancies later we have commenced cycle#5. I'm seemingly quite fertile but DH has severe MFI with significant DNA fragmentation. This is out last cycle before donor sperm and I was just wondering if anyone else is looking at donor sperm?

To all those struggling with this journey at the moment, I hope the struggle is short lived and to all those celebrating success (however small) -

Thanks
    Reviews
    aloe vera - DH and I went down the donor path. We first asked a cousin who declined. We then asked FIL, and did 4 cycles with his sperm. We then used anonymous donor and did 3 cycles (the last one worked). I'm happy to answer any questions. I think there's already a little bit of info in a couple of MFI threads - I'll have a quick look for them:
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ty-Chat/page11
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-t-think/page2

for Maryz.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

aloe vera  (04-06-2012)

Green Mum to be is offline Just one baby pretty pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am very sorry Maryz

Big Hugs to you too April

AFM AF has arrived again.

We are due for another fresh round, DP is keen to get going and i want a 12 month break. Problem is that she isn't getting any younger and she is concerned about her egg quality. I'm not sure what to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Green Mum to be - you could do the stim now while the eggs are younger, and freeze the embies to do FETs later when you are ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Thank you for such a warm welcome and such useful and friendly advice. There is so much knowledge on this forum.

April, we have had karotyping done with nothing showing but no one has mentioned PGD to us. I will talk to FS about it today. Best of luck with your FETand thanks for taking the time to get back to me. Have you had success with FET in the past?

Felicita, thank your advice and huge congratulations on your pregnancy! DP is adopted so we will use an anonymous donor and have done all the counselling. I'm very pragmatic about it and DP being adopted himself is really wonderful about using DS. May I ask how you choose your anonymous donor? Thanks for reaching out.

I saw FS today and have some nice follicles growing, hoping for about 10 eggs but would love more. Oh the roller coaster.
    Last edited by aloe vera; 04-06-2012 at 13:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your information, I will ask my FS about a luteal phase problem in the next few days.

I have used Crinone on the fresh cycle, it didn't lengthen my cycle from my normal 28 day cycle. The last two cycles I have done have been completely Natural FET's and I've never had bloods taken after Ovulation (always CD16).

I have been spotting for three days now and hoping AF will just arrive and put me out of my misery, expecting it today so I can move forward and start another cycle.

I have made another appointment with a new FS for a second opinion, we have MFI but starting to wonder if I'm half the issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    aloe vera - I've got a long post in the second link above (Semen analysis results not good) describing a bit of how we chose our donor. There are a few more relevant posts on the page that follows that link too. I'm not entirely sure if that already answers your question about choosing donor.