Closed Thread
Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Summer, firstly sorry you had that pap smear scare.
    My first ever smear came bak posative for pre cancerous cells too. I had CIN1.
    i had surgery to remove the dud cells. It was called a LLETZ Procedure, is this what you are having? Anyway, you have to go for 3 monthly then 6 monthly check up smears. Now as I've had that, I have to have my regular smears yearly instead of every 2 years. They got all mine and they have been normal ever since.
    an added note is that the issue with my cervix being shorter than 'normal' during this pregnancy is because of that surgery. OB said that it's associated with women who have had a LLETZ. At least I know why for once. Mine is 2.7 ATM, with normal being around 4. But my OB has a girl at 32 weeks sitting on 2- so he is not worried.

Surrogacy info, that's me :-)
    are you wanting to do it in aust or are you open to o/s clinics?
    it would help me give you the right info without going on and on.
    i can also give you contact info for surrogacy Australia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jamison, I went home from hospital last Friday and been trying to take it easy. The pain in the ovaries is still very worrying as I can tell the cysts are growing again. I'm worried it will land me back in hospital. Will see what my OB says on Thurs.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your support ladies, it has been a very traumatic time. My smear showed abnormal glandular cells which affect less than 1% of the pop. I had the surgery last Thursday they got me in within 2 days which was amazing. I had a cold knife cone biopsy and D&C.

I was told that there may be problems carrying a pregnancy so I may need to have a stitch while I am pregnant which can be removed at the last weeks of pregnancy.

Marzi thank you for your all your knowledge. I'm glad your paps have come back normal since. We would be looking to do surrogacy overseas. I want to try an O/S egg donation cycle first but if it doesn't work I think surrogacy is the best option. So any info you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Believe in Baby - It is just horrible isn't it. I was so bogged down in infertility that I never thought about my health being in question. It has been a real eye opener. I'm glad you are ok now.

Maryz - Good move getting the pap smear while your there. How are your pain levels now? I will have everything crossed that you don't have to go back to hospital.

April - Glad AF showed up now lets get this perfect CGH embie inside Mum so it can grow into a perfect baby.

Jamison - Hope everything is going ok with you. I too had been ignoring my pap reminder letter. I had been completely bogged down in infertility - it had taken over my life. As bad as this scare was it has changed my perspective. There is life that does not include infertility - a prospect I had not considered before.
    Last edited by SummerShine; 25-04-2012 at 09:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summer shine: I hope you are resting and recovering well from your surgery.

AFM: I took a week off work after getting out of hospital and have been trying to take it easy. The ovaries are still very sore, the large cysts are still there. There's a constant heaviness in the ovaries area. I'm seeing the OB today, maybe he'll order another scan. The pain and discomfort is manageable at the moment, I just hope it doesn't get worse if the cysts grow more.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it's 9 weeks preggers for me tomorrow! It's gone quickly but certainly not without it's dramas! I'm feeling good apart from the painful ovaries and mild waves of nausea throughout the day. But now I feel like I'm facing an agonizing 3 week wait till the 12 week scan. Hopefully then we plan on telling our news to family and friends, can't wait

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just popping in to see how every one is. Star if your still reading I hope you are ok. Jamison how are you?

Afm well we have decided to do an EPU end July early August. Thank goodness we didn't do a cycle straight away as we just purchased a new car and the next day I was driving on the highway doing 100 and the front wheel came off I have been so stressed and feeling sick I had my DH who had to help pull the car up, DD, MIL and my labby and MIL's toy poodle. We are all ok just a little shaken. There are so many what ifs all I can say is there was someone watching over us and protecting us

Thanks
    Reviews
    April - good luck tomorrow!

Loveabug - wow, that's so scary! Glad to hear you're ok!!

Hope everyone else is going ok? Anyone else doing a cycle soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    April I have everything crossed for you. You will be crossing to the graduate thread soon. Bring on the 2WW. What will you be doing to occupy your self?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks haydos. How are you? We will be stimming in July/August

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you Starfish

Quote Originally Posted by Starf1sh View Post
    Hi gorgeous gals

I have been reading quite a few posts lately from courageous women who have been on the IVF treadmill for perhaps a little longer than most, and have been sharing thoughts that frequently echo mine; such as feeling left behind as we watch many lucky IVFers come and go (and then sometimes come and go a 2nd time!) and not posting as often in the threads because they feel their situation is different for having a more protracted journey.

For anyone who has faced the pain of infertility we all bound by that common experience, but I just wanted to send special to anyone who feels they have somehow found themselves on the 'slow' track to achieving their dreams.

Whether you are are still chasing that perfect embie and your cycle numbers are starting to more resemble your shoe size (my next one will be no. 8! ) or perhaps after many disappointments are looking down other avenues such as ED to start or complete your family I wondered if we could do with a space for ourselves??
    This is my 5th ICSI which was cancelled just before retrieval. We had timed intercourse and in 2 days Im expecting AF. I kept POAS for the last week forgetting that this gives a false reading when you take Pregnyl! Im 42 years old and running out of hope. It gives me strength that there are others out there who understand these feelings. Thanks for starting this thread Starfish.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wanabemum For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (19-05-2012)