Closed Thread
Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I join too?

I've only actually done 2 cycles (with diff clinics, and diff partners...)

But I've had 7 transfers, with 4 of those ending in miscarriage :-(

I really feel like giving up sometimes, it honestly feels like I will never walk away "still pregnant" after a 7 week scan. It's shattered my whole world. But, when I want something bad enough I just cannot give up.

I've got 8 frozen blasts at my clinic so coming up for another FET soon... But I'm going to see a different FS, and get testing done from a reproductive immunologist. I'll be using Clexane again for the next cycle, but I'm not convinced that enough.

I think back to my first successful cycle... I was so naive. Never ever expected it to end in a m/c.

Hope I can get chatting to you inspirational women.

We WILL get our healthy babies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Nat,
    All LT Warrior Women welcome! Unfortunately MC is a common experience to many of the long termers.

[QUOTE=nat84u;5995629] it honestly feels like I will never walk away "still pregnant" after a 7 week scan. QUOTE]
    This I can completely relate to having been through it twice myself. It is absolutely shattering to make it the scan, after having good hcg results and believe all is well only to so cruelly have all your hopes and dreams dashed. I think I will ask for a GA the next time I have to go through this and they can write the result on my hand for when I wake up!

Wow, think I said this already on the Sydney thread but having 8 embies on ice is pretty amazing, LOTS of chances for success there and you are obviously pulling great numbers at EPU But you must feel like the Queen of FET's after all those transfers!

AFM, I am having follow up bt tomorrow to monitor my falling hcg. we are at or close to baseline.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, just wanting to join this thread. DH and I just started cycle 14 today, with 4 IUIs, 2 cancelled cycles, an IVF and 7 ICSIs - fun fun!
    DH has issues with his DNA fragmentation, but with it under 30% and us doing ISCI, FS isn't worried about him really.
    I get tones of eggs (last time I got 28 on gonal f 100IU!!), but get poor fertilisation and have only had a couple of blasts and never ever had any frosties. This time we're trying Luveris for quality and 75IU in the hope I'll get a normal number of eggs and better quality. Fingers crossed.

Will read back and catch up on everything, but I definitely belong on this thread!
    Susan

Thanks
    Reviews
    YinYang, have just tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full love! Hopefully you will get this message

Haydos1979, hope to hear more from you soon and all the best for cycle 14!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would love to join too, great thread everyone it's so comforting to know there are others in similar boat.

I'm in the middle of a 7ww - my 7th transfer after 4 stim cycles (or is it 5 I can't even bloody remember - hcg level last Tues was 122, Friday only 124. Bracing myself for another early m/c but have another BT Thursday. Not a skerrick of a symptom. Clinic still wants me to keep going until 7 week scan (hence the 7ww), just on clexane til then.

I will check out all your stories and come back for personals, take care all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies ,
    Welcome to Nat84u, Haydos1979 and lilbirdy. It's awful to need a thread like ours but VERY nice to have support from ladies who really understand what we are going through.
    Nat - congrats on having so many frosties, I'm sure your 9 month sticky emby is one of them! I'm so sorry that you have had so much heartbreak in your ivf journey (up until now of course, for good times ahead).

Haydos - I hope that your next cycle is the lucky one for you and DH, hopefully the lower dose will do the trick for you.

Lilbirdy - , I'm so sorry that your hcg isn't rising properly, that must be heartbreaking. I have everything crossed that you'll have a miracle and your hcg will rise.

Starfish - You asked ages ago how my adenomyosis was diagnosed, I'm sorry it's taken so long to answer you. Basically my 1st clinic just kept blaming my age even though after 7 transfers with top grade blasties I'd never had any sign of implantation. We'd had enough of them and their lack of looking any further so finally switched clinics. At our 1st appt our new FS straight away said there had to be a reason (apart from age - even said I wasn't that old ) and sent me for a mri to check for adeno - he suspected that straight away, he also tested for NK cells and now I'm being treated for both. New FS is open to test for and treat anything that is backed by research and we love him! In a way my next cycle (10th) has to be treated as my 3rd because we've only known what was wrong since January. it's 3rd time lucky this time around.
    How is everything going with your sister and your ED cycle? I hope this is the answer for you and it all works out perfectly, you certainly deserve it after all you've been through. I've been thinking of you.

Hi to all the other lovely ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy, I wondered if that 7ww was a typo, but now I get it! I'm sorry that your hcg hasn't doubled, it is such a difficult situation being in limbo land Let us know how things go on Thursday

Wow, Haydos 28 eggs!!! Do you have PCOS? My DH initially had big probs with his DNA fragmentation and other MFI issues but it has improved out of sight with squeaky clean living and we have even had 2 natural BFP's during our TTC journey. Sadly, no sticky bub... YET!

Lilybaby, thanks for the explanation and what an incredibly frustrating journey BUT so wonderful that you finally have all the pieces of the puzzle together. I REALLY hope the 3rd time is a charm for you hun When are you jabbing again?

AFM, STILL waiting for hormones to come back to baseline. Bt again tomorrow and feeling quite frustrated it is taking sooo long to resolve, 4 wks so far! I had been coping really well (ok a bit too well ) but I think I had the massive hormone crash over the weekend and have been shedding tears during tv ads and crying in public at random times That and feeling a bit pi$$ed off with the universe this week for delivering me another blow. What doesn't kill you hey!?

Will focus on getting my positivity mojo back next week My sis also has her cycle orientation with the clinic this week

and to all the other LTIVF gals, hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

I joined this thread a little while ago but have since been having internet issues at home so am writing this quick post at work.

Nat84u - good luck with your FET and seeing the new FS and reproductive immunologist.

Haydos - Goodluck with cycle 14 its the one for you!

Lilbirdy - I am so sorry your Hcg isn't rising properly. I hope everything works out ok.

Starfish - Hope your hormones have come back to baseline. It must be so frustrating things are taking so long.

AFM - I'm booked in for a hysteroscopy and laporoscopy on Wednesday next week to see if everything is "normal" with me, and to try and work out why our little emby's aren't sticking. Only problem is my AF has not turned up yet this month and they can't do the op if i have AF. I am up to day 46 of my cycle! FS sent me for a blood test yesterday to see whats going on. I get the results this afternoon and work out what to do after that. Not sure whats going on. My cycles are usually longer the month after a stim cycle but we did the stim cycle back in April/May.....

Hi to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Well I had another BT today & was expecting the worst but HCG came back at 1260 (prof 48), which means it's doubled 'properly' since the last BT on Friday when it was 124. Still a mystery as to why 3 days prior to 124, it was 122. It has thrown the clinic a bit but all we can do is wait until next week, another BT & a scan on Thurs or Fri.

I am so relieved but still on tenterhooks.

mummywanna, how did your results come back ?? Have you ever gone to 46 days before ? I really hope the BT & next week's procedures provide you with some answers.

starfish, thanks for the welcome, did you get some good news with your levels ? Even though this journey sux, it would be good to have your sis to keep you 'company'. I have a close GF who just got her BFP after a few cycles & we're basically right at the same point in time. We message each other a few times a day with our updates & it's really comforting.

Nat, when is your FET. We seem to have a similar story in terms of transfers but you poor thing, 4 miscarriages is just heartbreaking. What other testing have you had ? I have been on clexane for both my successful FETs (one ended in m/c & this current one). I guess I'll never know if it helped but it better be worth it, the needles never end !

vesper, I just read of your BFP & OHSS over in 2ww !! My goodness, congrats but you poor thing ! I hope it has subsided a little ? I'm sure you've read & been told, lots of fluids & they say protein is also good. I bought a tin of protein powder when I had OHSS and it seemed to help.

Jamison, really sorry about your BFN hun :-(

Hi lilybaby, haydos, rae, frostys mum, felicita, YY, Spot Oce, mnmc & everyone else ... hope you are all doing okay.

Sorry ladies, I will have to leave it there, I am EXHAUSTED today, so in bed at 8.45pm.
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 12-08-2011 at 10:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Lilbirdy!!! That is INCREDIBLE news!!! Have personally never heard of hcg doing that but goes to show you should never give up! Hope hcg continues to climb beautifully from here on in

mummywannabee, Grrr damn AF she never does what you want her to do! Hope the bt this arvo has shed some light and you are able to move forward with your lap and further investigations.

AFM, latest bt showed all hormones are finally at baseline. will be able to start the pill in the next couple of weeks to sync my cycle with my sister's and get our 'sister act' on the road

to everyone else
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 11-08-2011 at 21:58.