Closed Thread
Page 57 of 101 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    april - here here!!! Great news too!!! Hope for the best for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    just wanted to tell you what happened to me today. My nephew is turning 6 on 9th March and I had to tell him i would not be here for his birthday due to work. He lost it and cried and slammed his bedroom door and would not speak to me. I cried and then his Mum cried and then his mum's friend cried.It was a chain reaction of tears. I thought I was doing the right thing telling him. Obviously not as he is too young to understand but I thought I should tell him before he wonders where I am on his birthday. I asked him to write a birthday list and he wouldn't. He said he does not want anything from me. I said, "Just because Aunty won't be here on the day does not mean I will not get you presents or have a party with you".Gawd help me. I had a small taste of what is gonna happen when I have to leave my own child for work trips. I don't think I can do it given today's episode.

Green Mum to be is offline Just one baby pretty pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! Sorry about the delay in a response, it has been a bit of a whirlwind!

April
    : GREAT news that you get to start up so soon!

Summer: Sorry that you are feeling low... It is hard but you are moving towards and answer one way or the other, you could waste that money on heaps of cycles. I hope that the time goes really quickly for you

Jamison: I don't even know what to say about the tear fest. I think you did the right thing by letting him know upfront despite how hard it was to do and how many tears were shed.

Lovabug: Thanks for asking....

DP did REALLY well and no OHSS this time, we are both SOOOO relieved!!! 10 eggs which was a great haul as well with less than half the side effects and more than half of the eggs retrieved.

6 fertilised... although i didn't find out until Monday as between an iphone with a faulty battery and running around for the business while DP was resting. I MISSED THE CALLS !!! all three of them OOPS and i was in so much trouble with DP as she wanted to know and they only called her when they left. As she is the 'donor' the lab wont call her.

We got a call yesterday first thing in the morning saying that they wanted to transfer day 3 and i had to be in at the clinic in three hours - so much for work! And we had two very healthy day 3 growing embies transferred. I have been a little disappointed about them not being blasty's but seeing them on the screen was such a relief.

Even though they made us come in early as they didn't think the others were going to progress they froze two of the others at day 3?

We asked about it and apparently the two standout were likely going to make it to blasty anyway and i would cultivate them better than they could in the lab so they made the decision to put them in. I'm not even going to bother trying to work it out.

So now... we sit and wait and hope and cross EVERYTHING that one of those little standout embies sticks!!!!

PS I missed the article so i have no idea what that line of talk was all about ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison - Thanks for your comment it's nice to be around people that understand. Are you going to do the genetic testing or still deciding? I think you did the right thing with your nephew by telling him upfront although it's hard when they cry. Kids are pretty resilient but I guess it gave you a taste of things to come.

April - That's great that you can start your cycle sooner. I will have my that you get a big haul. I read that if they get through CGH testing they have a pretty good chance so hopefully the extra expense will pay off. But yeah I was surprised at how expensive it is and that you don't get anything back from Medicare.

Green - That's great that it all went so well and your DP didn't get OHSS. Sending you lots of good vibes that you have a sticky

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerShine For This Useful Post:

Green Mum to be  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok have been really slack about keeping up lately so this may be a little long...

Green Mum - awesome fert numbers, woo hoo! How is DP going?

Summershine - that's so disappointing, I know how you feel as really in hindsight none of our other cycles had much of a chance, but I try to look at the positive that through those cycles we finally worked out what the issue was. Sorry this cycle didn't work, hopefully you'll have a good result from your frostie.
    Btw if I had heard a doctor say that I would have been tempted to say, well I would have been that age (or closer to it) if I didn't spend years going to an FS who refused to change protocols. Seriously how rude and offensive!

Marzi - thanks for your thoughts for my furbaby

Rice - how did the eggs go, did you have a transfer?

Loveabug - hope you're feeling better

Jamison and April - completely agree, don't act like it's a massive struggle when a year isn't long and she only had one cycle. I think it's because there are so few ivf stories out there (in the media) so by comparison that was dramatic.

Jamison - sorry about the dramas with your nephew kids get upset quickly but I think tend to get past things faster too so hopefully that's the case here.

There are a few looking at CGH, good luck to you all!

Green Mum to be is offline Just one baby pretty pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos: What about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladiesHave also been a bit slack latel

Summer - Is cgh the same as pgd? If so, totally understand where ur at. After 15 good quality embies with no baby we had to find out if it would ever be possible. We're happy we did it - our hope & determination has been restored now we know we can produce 'normal' embies & if the answer was the other way I think we'd be glad to know so we could stop wasting our time (and cash) and start on a new path

Love - Tomorrow is the start of your lucky FET month

Jamison - I read it & it really annoyed me. A close friend just got preg first round of ivf & now I feel like she'll be wondering what all my complaining is about since it's so easy

April78 - how's it going?? When u scheduled for EPU

Green - congrats on being PUPOx2

Haydos - how r u??

AFM - 12 of our 14 eggs were mature & we had 100% fertilization There were 10 embies available for Pgd testing & we had 4 pass - had one morula transferred on Sat & 3 popped in the freezer....just playing the dreaded waiting game now

Rice x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rice - wow 100% fertilisation that's fantastic! Congratulations on being pupo.

I'm good thanks guys, had my NT scan last week and all is going well. Just waiting for a contract renewal at work then we can start telling people (hopefully they wouldn't discriminate but you never know).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rice - CGH is one type of PGD. There's a run-down of it on page 48 of this thread.

Other PGD types include karyotyping, and looking for a known DNA mutation by FISH or PCR.
    Last edited by felicita; 01-03-2012 at 15:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starf1sh - I haven't noticed a post from you for a while and you're normally chatty (unlike me). Are you OK?