Closed Thread
Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    green - you made me laugh!!! DH and I always talk about how the FS has lovely Aspen pics on his desk and how his shiny new car was financed by us. I am not talking about my current FS though. Best of luck with the EPU. Hope all goes well and we get to hear some happy news about a fresh blasty transfer soon.

summer - best of luck to you and I am sure you will find some great support here.

AFM....did anyone else read New Idea this week?? I never ever buy that mag but I bought it to read about a certain someone's IVF struggle. Not what I thought it would be. I know they sensationalise in the media. Has anyone else read this article??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveabug - I hope you feel better soon. How long have you been doing boot camp for?

Green - Good luck for tomorrow. I've been told it's better to get fewer eggs that are of a better quality and I'm so glad your DP did not get OHSS this time. Keep us posted how it all goes.

Jamison - I haven't read New Idea article, now I want to go out and buy it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I looked at the New Idea article online. Interesting that she started IVF after 12 months of trying. I couldn't even get to see a FS until 12 months was up and then I had to do tracking and IUI for another 12 months before they would use IVF.

AFM - Having a really low day. The clinic called today and asked me if I would consider CGH testing as I get so few embryo's to blasty stage. It costs a lot of money and is non refundable from medicare but it will tell us if our embryo's are no good so future IVF's would be a waste of money. I feel sick, because I guess I don't really want to hear that there is no chance but at the same time I need to know. They won't be able to do it until May, which is a fair way off. Feeling really deflated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi green just checking in to see how you and DP are feeling. Hope DP isn't to sore and no OHSS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summer – I did not want to seem negative when I mentioned itbut I found the cover of the magazine to be a little over the top. I wishanyone luck who has been trying and fulfils their dreams but they made out likeshe tried forever. I too had to do IUIs before they would let me progress toIVF as you mentioned. Obviously it has nothing to do with the girl in the article at all. It’s just the media. The article just seemed a little unrealisticto me. On another note, I completely understand why you feel so deflated. I toohave been told they need to do genetic testing on my embryos next and there are no rebates. Ikeep putting it off as I just do not want to hear the results. You deservesomething nice this weekend. Go and spoil yourself. It is not going to takeaway the pain long term, but a little shot of happiness would surely help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    and my copy and paste function has gremlins AGAIN. Summer, you would not know that every time I copy and paste, some words have no spaces in between. It's those little gremlins inside my laptop trying to make me look stupid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    April - thankyou for sayin what I really feel!!!I went off on a huge rant today about howoffensive it was to people like us. I was trying to be diplomatic when I postedbut I was frustrated as I did not say what I really wanted to say. If you hadhave heard me today telling my friend how annoyed I was about it.....well if Irepeated it here, I would be booted. I still mean no offense to the girl inquestion. It is the media at fault and they should be more responsible abouthow they portray IVF.Thaniks for being so honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    and more gremlins!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yay April78.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news April.