Closed Thread
Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Green---Can't agree more with April's mum. Hope this is the cycle for you.

Starfish---That's bad of them to damage your cervix like that, and wasted your precious emby last cycle. I hope they get it right this round and your lining cooperates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita, wow, yay, fab, congrats !! Here's to sticky & healthy 8 months or so.

Green mum, good luck for your cycle ! As for the ignoramus on BH, we all know homophobia is out there .... which is crap in itself ... but I guess we expect somewhere like a forum, especially when we're sharing conception challenges, to be a little more sympathetic, no matter what your story.

Welcome, Ivy, I hope you have success really soon 1

Star,
    well that is sort of bitter sweet news I guess. An answer of some description but wasting the great embie is frustrating and upsetting. I must say I'm a bit surprised they didn't use US for the transfer, it's standard at my clinic. That said though, my FS did once tell me there's no conculsive evidence that it makes a difference (ie the stats on pregnancies with and with US is similar). Good luck hun, I really hope armed with all that info, that the next one is THE one.

Haydos, how are you doing ? Any update on your furbaby ?

Gosh April that is absolutely disgraceful from your clinic. At my previous clinic I got so annoyed with treatment I wrote to the local area health boss (it was a public clinic), of course they took about three months to reply. It didn't really get me anywhere but did give me a sense of satisfaction I suppose.

Dani, hugs to you hun, hope you are doing okay, just putting one foot in front of the other I guess. Take care.

Hi Jamison, Frostys & everyone else .....

*preg mentioned*
    AFM, still going okay. I have weaned off prednisone & now suffering pretty bad MS & tiredness but I'm not complaining. My NT scan went well, get official results Monday but looks like we're low risk.
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 10-02-2012 at 15:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - good news about your nuchal scan

My furbaby - unfortunately not good news, the cancer had spread to his spine so amputation and chemo won't be enough. He had treatment on Tues to slow down the cancer progression and radiation today to help with the pain, more treatment and painkillers to come, but just hoping to make him as comfortable as possible until we have to decide he no longer has quality of life, poor thing So trying to spend as much time as possible with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear Haydos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    danii - I too hope you find peace in time. I have no doubt the tides will change for you soon. (excuse the cliches)

star - oh my! I can understand the annoyance but at least Dr S thinks there is a better pathway now!!! Ultrasounded guidance?? I have had that and I am sorry but boy oh boy did I want to pee on the nurse assisting. Never fear though, I managed to keep my fulids to myself!!!

green- people as such should just keep their opinions to themselves. I cannot fathom why they feel they are in a position to force their ignorant opinions on others. As you say, I am sure they feel there are no consequences and can say whatever they wish on a forum. That is simply pure cowardice.

Hi to all my other ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita congratulations fantastic news

Green you and your DP deserve all the happiness that life can bring. IVF is a hard enough and people should keep opinions to them selves. Good luck with the next scan your lining is looking amazing and your DP has enough follies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to a family driven charity event today and despite the fact that it was for the kids at the hospital, family rubbish went down. Who cared more about who and who's grand kids are more behaved got a great mention in the argument. They sicken me. How they could bring this up today just shows me how selfish they all are. My Mum and my Aunty are in a huge war right now. Pathetic. I spent the day with my nephews and my cousin's kid and now my mum and Aunty get into a disgusting fight. Why??? The kids spent the day playing together and holding hands so why they think they can argue over this is beyond me. The kids can get along and so should they. I am so so mad at all of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison sounds like the children have a beautiful relationship hopefully the fueding wont influence the children in the future.

Warning emotionally unstable woman

Well I worked at my DD's preprep class this week and boy was I exhusted after the first day lol. We had a very special visitor to the class, my friend who is very pregnant with twins and she looks amazing. it was so beautiful the children got to see US pictures of the twins, feel her belly (unfortunately the twins were asleep) and the children got to hear their HB's and the child got to hear their own HB. I got alittle emotional as DD was so excited to feel her belly I had to leave the room as the tears started to fill my eyes and then the doppler came out and I lost it. My emotions got the better of me "sob, sob". its just getting so hard now DD loves babies and is always talking about "when we get our baby" or "our baby is going to wear this do that" or " I can teach our baby......" or she names our baby "sob sob" sorry alittle emotional

Question: How come there are so many people who knows someone that has done IVF and it doesnt work so they stop and then fall pregnant on their own? or they have a opinion about IVF? well this also got the better of me and I snapped (nicely as possible) at my friend and told her she has know idea about IVF nor does she understand what we put our bodies through physically and emotionally to get what she has. GRRRRRRR! ok she got me on a bad day lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for another post but My laptop is playing with BH

enough about me how was everyones weekend?
    I had a great weekend. friday night was our welcome BBQ for preprep (meet new parents) Saturday night had our gorgeous friends over for dinner of course they bought the gorgeous 8week DD. then finished with a girls day at the markets and shopping and lunch sooooo good made my day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveabug - if you knew a thousand people and one stopped ivf and got pregnant naturally, that's the only case that would get repeated. Same for people who relaxed or went on a holiday and it just happened. You never hear the other stories.
    Maybe those people didn't have a major issue so would've gotten pregnant before long with or without ivf anyway, so prob doesn't apply to most of us anyway who have egg/sperm etc issues to overcome in various ways.
    I looooved having people who wouldn't even know what ICSI was give me advice on IVF
    Sometimes people have great intentions but still manage to be very insensitive

Jamison - sounds like there's something in the water with all of this insensitivity going around! Did they know how much they were upsetting you??

Sorry guys, hope this week is better x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Haydos1979 For This Useful Post:

Loveabug  (13-02-2012)