Closed Thread
Page 49 of 97 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos Good luck at the OB. I'm really really sorry about your fur baby. Mine has been my sanity and best buddy through ivf (and lots of other things) - I'm praying for a miracle for yours. I would also encourage you to explore treatment options for poochy once you hear from the vet. Not sure if you know it, but an excellent resource & support base is dogzonline www.dolforums.com.au - they have a health section & lots of people that have been through what you're going through. http://www.dolforums.com.au/forum/22...ition-grooming

Fel, great results, congrats !! How are you feeling and when is BT ??

Starfish, glad you got a few answers and sure you'll have more details after you see the FS. Hope AF hurries up and the next cycle is IT.

April, welcome, this us such a lovely group, wishing you all the best. We went to the 'brink' with CGH at Genea, although mine was because of recurrent m/c and old lady eggs, rather than DH sperm. We took a batch of embies to 5 days and there were only 2 suitable for testing so we decided to pass. I had had karyotype testing on the m/cs which didn't show any chromosomal abnormality so that weighed in slightly on our decision. Dr Felicitia did a great job of explaining it - and Genea has a good outline of CGH on the website for anyone who's interested.

Jamison, oh hun, it sounds like lots of Ben & Jerrys is in order. It's a tough one - I changed clinics but more due to the cookie-cutter approach the FS was taking. I agree it's a worrying mistake for them to make. Maybe ring around a few FS you like the sound of & see when you can get in. I ended up booking in with new FS & doing one more cycle at the old clinic in the mean time. Good luck. Sorry to hear about your DH's sister too.

Hi to everyone else ...

*preg mentioned*

AFM, I have my NT scan today, so I'm pretty nervous, even though full results don't come back for a week. Had OB appt on Monday and all is tracking well, we are now 12w3d. I am weaning off prednisone and finished clexane (yay), although the OB warned pred can alleviate MS (I haven't had any) so I might get a bout.
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 02-02-2012 at 07:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Danii, I'm so sorry. Rip little Raymond

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Danii my thoughts and prayers are with you, im so sorry for your loss of a beautiful Angel Raymond, this is a great thread for support and a wealth of knowledge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison you will definitly know what to do when the time is right, it is such a huge decision to change FS and to make all of this on your own, but you are an amzing person a strong warrior. just do what is right for you, DH and your up coming little miracle

Star i have never heard of "false passage" before may have to google that you get more answers at you next visit and starting a new protocol for your little miracle

welcome April we are trying for #2 aswell we have had alot of heart breaking moments but this year is a new year same stuff but a new day

Nat84u how are you going?

Lilbirdie great news at 12weeks. you may be lucky and miss MS coming into the 2nd trimester it stays away for you. how was the NT scan today

A big hello to all the warriors

*WARNING FREAK OUT IN PROGRESS*
    AFM well having a little freak out. im ready to do this. this year is a new year miracles happen. rang FS ready to do FET in March. we have a big month in March I have FET just booked DD ENT and hearing test booked flights for DH to get home for work and back to us in brissy have a wedding to get to at the sunny coast just have to book accomodation for that man i need a money tree oh and its a formal wedding so DH and I need new out fits arrgggh! to top it all off I have to stay at my MIL again mmmmm without my main Man
    Last edited by Loveabug; 02-02-2012 at 11:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy, hope your NT scan went perfectly So cruel to have to wait a week for results. I have heard of some (private) places in Sydney where you can get same day results, think I will be looking into that when the time comes! Must be so fab to come off the daily clexaneHope the MS stays at bay too!

Danii, just want to send you some more of these

Jamison, I'm not suggesting for one minute hon that it is easy to stay on top of all the IVF stuff, it is exhausting! Especially after doing it for YEARS! But I do truly believe we are our own best advocate (and research assistant but that's a rant for another time! ) I'm sorry to hear about your SIL and that you are shouldering the burden of the decision making and organising. I don't think I have ever heard of any couples where both partners are equally engaged in the process, it is usually the woman being treated leading the charge. Correct me if I'm wrong ladies? My partner has generally been able to rearrange most of his work commitments to come to FS appts and the majority of transfers (but I think a lot of the technical stuff goes over his head!)

I am still with Dr S, it was just our last cycle was done by Prof Illingsworth to use the Digital High Mag Technology available at Westmead (another thing I had to advocate for but was worth it!) I'm now in the process of negotiating with the lab to relocate our remaining embies from Westmead to Maroubra, the job for the day!

April, wow transfers under GA, sounds like an ordeal. Interesting about the 'traumatic' transfers. I have a feeling the false passage was created at my last tx...not done by my usual FS and it was long and difficult and uncomfortable. Lots of mucking around with getting the right clamp size (sorry forgotten technical term!)

Haydos, I'm so sorry to hear about your furbabies diagnosis I hope you have more info soon. So pleased to hear your bubba is thriving

The answer to your question is likely BOTH! I had a strong suspicion there was something going on in there to make my lining go from 9mm most transfers in 2010 to never getting above 5 - 6mm in 2011 and I had 2 D&Cs within a 6 month period over that time. Hoping this is my answer and we are back in business ASAP

Felicita, some and a great dollop of to you

Whoa Loveabug, as usual you got a lot going on girl! Thinking lots of for you to keep your head clear to cope with what's ahead.
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 03-02-2012 at 07:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveabug, boy March does sound like a big month ! Grit your teeth through the MIL bit and all the best for your DD's test ! I hope you can try to relax a bit for your FET. Good luck !

*preg mentioned*
    Thanks ladies for asking about my NT scan. Signs are good, bub has a nice strong nasal bone (lack of one is a marker for DS), and the nuchal fold was 1.8mm, anything over 2.5mm is an 'alert'. All the other organs etc. are in place and developing nicely so far, 20 weeks is the full morphology scan. So just wait for BT results and see OB again on Feb 13th to get my down's risk factor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know it's still early days, but I saw two lines on a HPT for the first time ever today (11 dpo).
    Can't quite believe it. DH says to me, are you still carrying that POAS around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicita View Post
    I know it's still early days, but I saw two lines on a HPT for the first time ever today (11 dpo).
    Can't quite believe it. DH says to me, are you still carrying that POAS around.
    Felicita !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita---Woohoo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously, this thread brings good luck! Fantastic news!!!!! Yay, so happy for you Felicita.

And hopefully more good news to follow by others on this thread this year xx