Closed Thread
Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all. This cycle is turning out better than previous ones. All 5 fertilised embryos turned into morulas for day 4.7. We transferred two compacting morulas this morning. We just might even have our first embryos to freeze tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita--Fantastic news, now just have to survive the TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita, Awesome cycle result AND for some lovely frosties in the bunch too! Rest up PUPO lady

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thats an amazing result Felicita! Thats fantastic!
    Did you do something different this cycle?
    Good luck for some to freeze and congratulations on being Pupo!
    Last edited by Haydos1979; 29-01-2012 at 08:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos1979 - we did everything the same but different this cycle. If there was a different tweak we did it.
    1. Changed FS. My FS referred us to a colleague. I admit I was a bit upset by this, I was having abandonment issues as our 3 year TTC relationship with our FC is coming to an end.
    2. Changed clinic location. The new FS works from Kogarah. Most of my previous cycles were Westmead. My first EPU was Greenwich.
    3. Changed FSH from GonalF to Puregon.
    4. Upped FSH dosage for no apparent reason to 250 (from 225). 2.5 years ago I started out on 150, but had 1 poor cycle a few cycles in - 3 eggs - so got upped to 225. The different dosages didn't seem to change anything. I still average 7-8 mature eggs.
    5. Went luveris for LH support instead of pregnyl (which we'd started using on the previous 2 cycles).
    6. Wore a rose quartz bracelet. My sister figured we'd already tried everything sensible with no luck, so she gave me rose quartz.
    7. Started Light'n'Easy a couple of months ago so they could remind me to eat my fruit every day. This was the weakest part of my diet. My IVF comfort eating weight also fell off - my BMI had just crept over 25 on my last cycle - but I wasn't actually trying to lose weight, just to remember the fruit every day.
    8. Changed embryo lab and EPU surgery location from Westmead to Maroubra. Westmead is a higher-tech lab. When we asked my FS two cycles ago if we should change labs just for the sake of it (which is essentially what he had us do this cycle) he said that all the IVFA labs have similar annual success rates, and that their high-tech labs have extremely consistent month-to-month results but Maroubra's is more variable and they don't know the reason for that variability. Hopefully this is one of their good months.
    9. Did assisted hatching again on day 3. We did this for the first time last cycle, and the growth rates of all embryos picked up after it was done, whereas on previous cycles their growth would mostly have remained stalled. Last cycle the ones that stalled first took longer to restart after the eggshells were thinned. This time the two front runners on day 3 were still the two best on day 5.
    10. Gave up on the fancy expensive TTC vitamins and am just taking folate. Something like $5 for 3 months supply!
    11. Restarted on DHEA. Was on it from January to August. Then since it didn't help at all with the first cycle with the new sperm donor the IVFA FS conference (we had our FS present our case to get a 2nd, 3rd ... nth opinion all at once) was split 50:50 on whether we should continue with it or not, so we opted for change and stopped using it in September. The new FS had me restart in December. I was worried about egg numbers since our low egg number cycle was also when I'd been on DHEA for less that 3 months, but no, we hit my average again (7 mature).
    (12. And continuing the theme of same but different, I chose pessaries instead of crinone.)
    13. Did a month or so of vege juice powders and stuff that I think comes via the Sharkeys recommendation, but stopped early because it gave me excessive wind that was excessively smelly. Did the probiotic capsules for 2 months - 1 bottle's worth.

I think they're all the obvious differences.

Last cycle we produced our only ever blastocyst, so a little disappointed we didn't get any this time, but taking hope from having all 5 that fertilised (which is about the right % for having correct spindles for my age) grow all the way to day 5 for the first time. Haven't had a phone call yet today to say how the 3 embies in the lab fared over night.

Edit:
    No frosties, but still better news than usual.
    Two of them went on to become poor quality early blastocysts on day 6. That makes them the second and third blasties we've ever seen, so hopefully the better quality embies that we had transferred are growing even better.
    Last edited by felicita; 29-01-2012 at 11:29. Reason: the lab phoned

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos – my fave Baskins flavour is also cookie dough!! Ohand mint choc chip…oh and rum and raisin. You HAVE to try Ben and Jerry’s icecream. Chunky Monkey is the best.Oh and peanut butter choc chip!!! Have mercy!!Iam healthy from Monday to Friday and then let it all hang out on the weekend. Gottahave a treat day (or two).
    Star – a colossal f&% up as far as I can see. I was in no mood totake it further but I certainly was this morning. DH and I were having the “Whento recommence IVF conversation” and that debacle came up. He does not want touse them again. How can you trust them again? I feel like I need to tellsomeone in a higher position as it is completely unacceptable and heartwrenching. I do not want to start trouble but on the other hand, I feel likesomeone needs to be held accountable. I would never feel good if someone gotthe sack over it but I do not feel good about the way we were treated when we questionedthem. I am the customer after all. I realise some paperwork may have goneastray but twice??? I have only ever transferred one at a time. What would you do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    and the gremlins are in my copy and paste again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if you remember me but have just gone from IVF forum to due in June to stillborn section and feel lost. Little ones Raymond james' funeral today . I'm so sad I have to start again after 12 years of IVF but I have too I need to be pregnant again to stop the pain! Sorry for the downer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I'm so sorry, danii. Yes, I do remember you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Danii I'm so very sorry about your baby boy This must be a extremely sad time for you and your DH.