Closed Thread
Page 45 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies

yes i am back i will go back and read where everyone is at soon I just wanted to pop in and say hello to all you amazing strong women....ok so im trying to kick myself into trying another FET real soon just need some inspiration. And i would like to get healthy/fit im not over weight but gained abit from last years IVF efforts so I have signed myself and DH for a 10 week challenge starts end of the month I have never dieted i hate diets and we dont eat too badly, so this healthy lifestyle change is going to be a real challenge i like easy throw together quick dont have to think about it cooking except when it comes to the good food ie cheese cake i love to cook when it comes to the "GOOD FOOD" mmmm cheese cake man im going to stuggle lol

well im off to catch up xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    ladies,

Starf1sh Yes I have been with the same IVF clinic for all my treatments I'm in tassie so I don't really have a choice. I have got alot of information about different treatments and protocols since joining BH. My clinic doesn't do PGD and I don't think they do picsi but I will ask, thanks girls. I have all my FET using HRT so using progynova from cd5 then scan about cd13 start crinone and as long as my embies survive thaw transfer 6 days later (my 19th FET).
    For my last 3 cycles I have used predinsalone and got BFPs but with really low hcg levels, they more than double every 48hrs for the first three blood tests then stop

Sorry about the me post I'm still trying to work out where everyones at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky, friends of mine from tassie (launceston) were having no luck at their clinic. They swapped to I think sivf (Sydneyivf) (can't remember the details on if they went to the mainland or whatever,) and were successful.
    It's a lot of hassle but worth it for them.
    Don't give up I hear you on the point of ridiculous numbers of cycles! It's frustrating and upsetting. Yeah, and costly!
    Your doing the right thing by gathering all this knowledge. Feel free to get another FS involved too. Ask for every test in the book, and if you could try the new protocols.
    All the best xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita, for tomorrow's EPU and some lovely mature eggs which go all the way to blast for you! I agree changing clinics is hard when you have established relationships with the FN's and feel that they know your story without having to explain everything all over again. Ouch re: the trigger time!

Welcome back Loveabug, hmmmmm cheesecake *drools* Good luck with the 10 week challenge.

Lucky, that is a hard road sista, especially with the heartbreak of multiple chemicals Have you had any testing for immune issues, like ANA's, NK cells etc? Sounds like you are on the right drugs anyway to address this, are you also using clexane? My FS has never been in favour of me using prednisolone as I have never shown any immunological issues on testing but having had several health issues linked to the immune system (eczema and gut issues occasionally) I am pushing to add it to the mix next time.

to everyone else, hope you've had an enjoyable weekend.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

felicita  (22-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Felicita hope your EPU went well today and your not feeling to sore.

Marzi SIVF used to be in Launceston but closed down last year. My DH works FIFO so it's hard for me to work around him if I wanted to go interstate to do treatment but you do hear some positive outcomes from people changing FS. I've done so many cycles I'm starting to feel sorry for myself, but then I read a positive story like yours and others on this thread and it gives me some hope.

Starf1sh I had alot of tests done after 2nd m/c but all that showed up was factor IV so I've been using clexane and baby asprin since then with my cycles.

If anyone else users prednisolone can they please tell me what cycle day they start and the dose? also doxycyclin or another brand of antibiotic? I had scan with FS today and he said start a few days before transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos – wow thanks for all the info!!! Seems PICSI is quitesuccessful. Amazing what you learn here. I am very grateful for your help.
    Lilbirdy – seems PICSI did the trick for you too. Hmmmm somethingfor me to research further.
    Marzi – Little “turtle” is quite funny. I am no doubt goingto come up with something crazy for my little one when the time comes. DH callsmy embryos "Little chicken". I need a better one than that!
    Felicita – I am an ex-Kogarah patient and I found the nursesto be lovely BUT I do have my favourite. Sian is amazing and so funny and so compassionate.She has had to give me a few hugs in my time I can tell you!! You sense shegenuinely feels for you and that helps sometimes. Best of luck with the EPU. Itake it you are going to Kogarah. Have fun in recovery as they do A LOT of colonoscopiesthere and need I say more?? It is, shall we say, very musical in that room.
    Star – gotta bring a bit of humour in a bleak situation Iguess. I have my moments when I find absolutely nothing remotely funny but Ihave to be grateful I find the humour again in most situations. Speaking ofcheesecake, have you ever been to The Cheesecake Factory in the US?? That placeshould be illegal as it is a heart attack in the making after one visit!! Divinethough!!Peanut butter, choc chip cookie dough cheesecake. Sorry to the 10 weekchallengers for making it even harder! I shall cease and desist now! How youdoing anyway Star??
    AFM – a little story toshare. I just received an invoice from my clinic asking for payment for thecryo storage of my embryos. Really?? I have none left and have not for 6 monthsor more. DH called them as I was fuming and she argued and told us we werewrong and we do in fact have embryos on ice. HUH??? Someone has their factswrong. Turns out after three phone calls, we are right. I am now in a state ofdisbelief. I just cannot fathom how they can make that mistake other than therebeing a complete lack of communication between admin and the docs orembryologists. Imagine if they DID actually have embryos under my name aftertelling me otherwise. Lawsuit in the making!! I am a little upset with them asthey made NO apologies and it really upset me that were very nonchalant aboutit. It is surely just an oversight but at least pretend to be sorry.
    Hi to everyone and I missed anf hope you are doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry for the lengthy post AGAIN and I am also sorry for the grammatical errors. My cut and paste function seems to have been invaded by gremlins

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got back from EPU. Maroubra is so far away that DH took the embryologist's phone call before I got home. 7 mature eggs were ICSI'd.

luckychance29 - prednisolone. I use 10 mg once a day starting on day of first FSH injection, then increase to 20 mg once a day after EPU. After BFN decrease dose by 5 mg per week until you reach zero. It takes a little time to come off prednisolone because your adrenals go on holiday so you need to give them enough time to come back.

Jamison - we were once sent a bill for embryo storage and we have never had any embryos frozen. It took a while to sort out, during which time they sent an overdue-payment notice, and the person they repeatedly said would phone me never did. Eventually they decided that they were referring to my oocyte storage which was being done for free as it was experimental. Then when they cancelled the bill it came with a notice saying embryo storage was discontinued which obviously caused me to phone again immediately to make sure the eggs were still there. It was just admin stuffing things up. The important people like the scientists were still doing their jobs correctly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by luckychance29 View Post

If anyone else users prednisolone can they please tell me what cycle day they start and the dose? also doxycyclin or another brand of antibiotic? I had scan with FS today and he said start a few days before transfer.
    Lucky, I started two days before my blasty transfer. Still on it at 11 weeks preg. It was the first time I used pred, I didn't have any obvious markers from all my BTs but was line ball so FS gave it a shot. No idea if it made the difference but perhaps ?

Felic, congrats, that a really nice result from EPU ! Cross everything for you they all fertilise and progress nicely. Hope you are feeling okay.

Jamison, gosh that is a real worry about your frosties, and quite bloody upsetting I'm sure ! I had a query like that at one point a while back but it turned out they were right.

Hi loveabug, star & everyone ...

Green Mum to be is offline Just one baby pretty pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I'll be back for personals later today but just a quick update that neither of our frozen emby's survived the thaw and so our FET was cancelled yesterday.

We have an FS appointment tomorrow and they are going to let us go again with dp's eggs.