Closed Thread
Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    to all xx

*pregnancy mentioned*

Haydos, how many weeks will you be in 2 weeks?
    I started to go to OB at 8 weeks after the initial preg scan at fertility clinic.
    That's the norm as far as I'm aware. No pics from the FS is a bit rough! I got 3 pics. Inc HB.

I had a scare last night. Spotting! I went to OB today, my lil turtle (you should have seen the monitor!) is fine, wriggling all aroung actually! So relived! Apparently, as ivf'ers we have a high chance of a low placenta. Just another joy huh? But OB says that 99% still carry to term (early being 38 weeks) oh and it means a c-sect. But I have to have that anyways. There may be further bleeding during preg, just have to call up and go in for a scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *preg mentioned*

Marzi, my FS basically was 'finished' with me after my 7 week scan - in the nicest possible way ! He gave me referrals for that scan and the one I had last week, plus referral for the OB but has essentially handed me over, although said he was more than happy to chat on the phone if I have any questions.

The OB's rooms told me I didn't need to come in until 12 weeks, even though I'm an IVF pregnancy, so I'm going on the 30th, can't wait ! I think it really varies depending on the FS, but it sounds like you're better off sticking with the OB & your GP.

Ladies, hope this is okay to say ... but is there somewhere on the boards for IVF long term grads ? I am definitely going to hang around here with the long term warriors & cheer everyone on but I'm conscious of my posts re pregnancy & associated issues being a little much here ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy--No long termers grads thread that I know of, probably because there's not many of us until the last month?!!!! Maybe we can start one so we don't have to talk about pregnancy related stuff here? I'm in the Over 40 and finally pregnant thread, and most of us have been through a lot of cycles due to crappy eggs.

Star---Have you decided on doing the laparoscopy hysteroscopy plus whatever else that might work?

Jamison---

Green Mum to be is offline Just one baby pretty pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support everyone!

Just a quick check how many of us on here are still TTC? I've stepped into the thread in the middle of a baby boom... which is actually rather reassuring!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Green mum---It's so odd isn't it? We've had a dry spell for so long then suddenly a baby boom. Good luck though!

Marzi, Haydos, lilbirdy, cjm and whoever else I've missed---I've started a long term IVFers pregnancy thread, please join in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Greenmum, I'm still here!! Will be doing cycle 9 with my next transfer and I think you will find most of our UTD ladies have done more cycles than their shoe size to finally get on the path to parenthood! (Well actually it would be 10 for me if I include IUI's ).

From memory Jamison and Loveabug are also regulars here on the TTC path and a few others who drop by from time to time. With a bit of luck I'm hoping we're ALL getting off the bench this year! And there is always room for Newbie long termers.... wow that's a confusing statement!

Gorgeous UTD'ers so pleased to read everything is progressing so beautifully for all of you! I for one would love to see a Graduate LTIVFWW thread (and you have my full support to use that term! ) It also provides a space for those of us still awaiting our turn a place to progress to from here!

Frosty, I am booked to have a hysteroscopy on Jan 30th. It has been 2 years since my FS has had a look 'in there' and quite a lot of action has gone on 'in there' in that time. So I'm hoping there might be some simple adhesions or scarring to remove and we are off again. I am just about to send him an email asking for a lipoidal flush (on your and Lily's advice) and about using microscissors instead of laser if scarring is found and maybe skipping the endometrial scratch So that's what's next on the TTC road for me, would love to hear from other Warrior Women what their plans for 2012 are???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Just a quick post for now but will pop back later to catch up with everyone.

Starfish - I'm so glad you had a lovely time away in PNG, it sounds like it was very relaxing. Wishing you all the best for your hysteroscopy on the 30th and hopefully a lipiodol flush as well. I have everything crossed that you will be utd very, very soon with your sticky bub.

Hi to everyone else , I hope you are all well xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lilybaby For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Green Mum to be
    I'm still here - but I'm very, very quiet. Starf1sh seems to have created a thread of good luck for many people here, sometimes it seems like all it takes is 1 post and you'll be UTD .

Starf1sh - Don't know if you're still following the Sydney thread. I'm in the stim phase of my last cycle. My FS referred me on to a colleague for this cycle and he's doing much the same protocol as before but making everything slightly different, like using Puregon instead of GonalF, or having to travel across Sydney to Kogarah/Maroubra instead of just dropping down to Westmead.
    Had my first ultrasound today and it looks like I'm on track for my usual 8 mature eggs. EPU will probs be Monday or Wednesday.
    Both my FS and this new guy agree that this ought to be the last attempt with my eggs. 7 stims so far (approx 56 mature eggs), 2 different sperm donors, and only 1 early blastocyst - ever.
    So whatever the outcome of this cycle I'll be getting my GP to start weaning me off the antidepressants in a couple of weeks. Then (assuming this cycle doesn't work) we'll wait patiently for my brother and DH's sister/s to decide yay or nay on double donation for us. If nay we'll discuss whether to join an embryo waiting list or the childless not by choice end of the journey thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to all the LTWW

Felicita one post and I'll be UTD! May I join the thread?

I've been reading along since this thread started and wanted to congratulate everyone on their BFP, and hopefully there will be alot more this year.

DP and I have been ttc for 10years and doing ivf for 5 years I have unexplained infertility. We are about to do a FET with our last 2 frosties so hopefully they will survive the thaw and maybe a BFP so I don't have to go through another stim cycle but with my past history I won't be getting my hopes up. Looking forward to chatting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marzi - I'll be 10 weeks at my app. Scary about the spotting but great to hear everything's ok!!

Frostysmum - great thanks, will check that out.

Green Mum - yes, same as Star said, I've done about 17 or so cycles (have actually lost count now). I firmly believe I owe my pregnancy to research and a lot of that I got here which may explain why so many of us are finally getting there. I had always been assured by both FS's that I wasn't pregnant due to an egg issue but after talking to lots of girls here and based on DHs DNA fragmentation issues, I insisted on a procedure called PICSI and that made all the difference. So I think research and support play a huge part and hopefully we can all get there, no matter how hard it is to go through all this, especially for long termers.

Felicita - good luck for this cycle! Fingers crossed for you.

Starf1sh - all the best for the 30th, let us know how you go, fingers crossed it makes the difference.

Welcome Luckychance29, good luck for your transfer, what date is it?