Closed Thread
Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    green Mum - so glad you found us. Everyone in here can vouch for the pain that is long term IVF so I am sure everyone will be able to offer you a myriad of wisdom and support. Sounds like there is alot of hope for you and DP though. One of those frosties could well be the answer! Best of luck with the next transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just back from an awesome os holiday (good bit) and back to work monday (bad bit).

Starfish, are you back from PNG yet ? I hope you had a lovely relaxing time and you can grab 2012 by the scruff of the collar and make it your year !!

Jamison how are you doing and how's the job hunt going ?

Cjm, I read over the other thread you had your scan and saw a HB, that's just awesome news, so very happy for you.

Marzi, how are things progressing with you ?

Green mum,welcome, glad you found the thread, it's super supportive and everyone knows what its like to have multiple cycles and the disappointment and pain thats part of the ride. Good luck !

Haydos, how are you hun ?

Hi Smootch, Lilybaby, frostysmum and everyone else, sorry if I missed !

*pregnancy mentioned*

Afm, we had another scan yesterday after arriving home. Everything is going well, bubs was right in size at 9 weeks 4 days, HB was 170, i heard it for the first time, which was pretty imcredible. I still can't quite believe we're edging towards being out of the biggest danger zone. I must say i cannot WAIT to stop the clexane, ivf needles are bad enough but 3 months of tummy bruises is getting very tiresome. Its worth it though. Very slowly starting to think we may finally have made it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi greenmum2b, welcome! I have seen you around the traps, lovely to have you here. You might've noticed the long termers are having a bit of a baby boom at the moment so hoping some of the rubs off on you too for your next transfer!

Great news on your scan Lilbirdy!

Would love to hear an update from our mumma's to be Lily, Frosty, Haydos, Marzi, Cjm?

Jamison, gorgeous. Sounds like you had a very dramatic Christmas, but glad to hear all ok with your nephew Were you happy with the contents of your Xmas stocking? I was quite spoilt by my family and DH, mainly with scuba gear for our trip and some Oroton and mecca cosmetica vouchers. So, what's the plan for 2012 for you young lady??

Happy New Year to anyone I've missed, seems it's been quiet here lately, lots of people still on holidays?

AFM, just got back from PNG earlier in the week. The diving was amazing, abundant fish and coral life, and untouched reefs. The highlights were a pod of dolphins which went past while we were diving, an unexpected encounter with a hammerhead shark at about 38m and lots of tiny, gorgeous critters like pygmy seahorses etc. PNG was beautiful, very interesting place.

It was SOOOO nice to have a break from Sydney, our hectic lives and TTC, I barely thought about it all and it was such a wonderful opportunity for DH and I to reconnect and have some fun together!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, wow everyone has been on holidays! We just got back from New Caladonia and Vanuatu this morning

Green Mum to be - sorry you've gone through so much, everyone here is very supportive and has similar stories and knows how hard what you're going through is, hopefully one (or both!) of your frosties is a sticky one, all the best!

Lilbirdy - woo hoo 9 weeks 4 days and great numbers, it's all going great for you

Star - ooh I love Oroton, sounds like you had a great trip to PNG, we loved snorkeling but your scuba diving sounds amazing!

*pregnancy mentioned*

Afm I'm 7 weeks 1 day today (well that's counting the epu as the 2 week mark which isn't quite accurate as it was closer to 3. Have had fatigue and morning sickness pretty much every day for a while now but still hanging out for my first scan on Monday for a bit more confirmation that everything is going ok. Very nervous despite my symptoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello girls
    Wow, I need to go visit PNG and Vanuatu! Sounds amazing!

Green mum, welcome it's great you found us! I'm sorry it's been a hard road for you too, we can relate to the stress and frustration for sure!

*pregnancy mentioned*
    well I have been having weekly scans since 8 weeks and never tire of hearing that heartbeat! I had my 10 week scan on fri and the lil turtle moved! I was amazed and relived I've never been this far!!
    I'm really not getting too carried away yet and haven't told any family at all yet.
    Like haydos said, I'm still nervous despite the symptoms and scans.
    This journey is soo stressful, and now I have the please keep being healthy stress. I've had morning sickness (should be called all day sickness) prob since about the 6 week mark, no sign of it going either. I'm also very fatigued, so trying to lay low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone! I'm so happy for those who's had recent BFPs, and seem all to be doing well so far.

I think it's proof that it's never impossible, even though sometimes in this torturous journey we repeatedly think that we it will never happen to us, that we're the unlucky ones, the left out ones, the condemned to a life of childlessness ones, the forgotten by the fertility gods ones. Yes the odds are bad and against us, but it's never impossible. Hoping that those still riding the journey are recharged and healed enough for another new year of hope and dreams.

Green mum---Hi! I've seen you around the place, glad you found us here you warrior women!

*Pregnancy mentioned*
    Update on me: 23 weeks, can feel lots of movement for the past 2 weeks, but still nervous. Illogical but that's the battle scars of being a long termer I think.
    Last edited by Frostysmum; 15-01-2012 at 04:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Welcome Green Mum.

*pregnancy mentioned*

Yes Lilbirdy -- had my first scan on Friday and saw a heart beat (well a fluttering) -- still a little in disbelief, and panicking at every twinge, and cramp! WE are having anothe scan in a couple of weeks -- more as a reassurance than anything although DH is worried about having too many US's and some of the articles i have read are a little disturbing.

Congrats on your scan – I'm still doing the clexane as well, and some pessaries. Best wishes for continued well being and progress

Starf1sh – PNG sounds lovely.

Haydos1979 – congrats on the 7 wk+ mark. How do you feel physically apart from the MS & fatigue? Good luck for your scan on Monday!

Marzi – wow – scans since week 8! Do the US's worry you?

Frosty's Mum -- wow 23 weeks!! That's awesome !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just lost a mega post so sending this incase it does it again

Starfish, what is the next step for you my love? How's life in Sydney town?
    Are you back at work after your fabulous holiday?

Smootch, how are you?

Green Mum, what date is your ET?

Haydos, how was the scan? I hear you on the fatigue and ms!

Jamison, has your heart gone back to normal after saving your nephew? Mum put my sisters and I thro vac-swim to teach us swimming and survival skills in the water.

*pregnancy mentioned*

Cjm, no, the us don't worry me. My OB is also one of the FS at my clinic so I trust him. I find the scans reassuring. Tho I do still stress, especially since I'm having trouble eating due to ms. TBH, I'm not reading any info on us as I really don't need the extra stress. I'm trying to stay calm

Thanks
    Reviews
    To the other preggie ladies, I did do personals for you but lost em
    Love and hugs will check in later when the site stops it's hissy fit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marzi - my scan was good thanks, right on track size-wise for just over 7 weeks and I saw the heartbeat such a relief and I think the risk if miscarriage drops to 3-5% now which is a bit more reassuring.
    My FS said to come back in 2 weeks though. I said I had an Obstetrician app then and he said no need for that yet, push it back a couple of weeks and I'll do it for you. But as his app today cost over double the obst. cost and he had actually forgotten I was pregnant when I came in and thought I was doing another cycle and didn't have a printer so couldn't print out my scan and gave me no pregnancy related info, I think it might be revenue raising and I should stick to my obst. app? Any ideas please?

Cjm1 - no it's really just the MS and fatigue, no other symptoms really, a tiny bit of cramping occasionally but no real other symptoms yet. What about you?
    Congrats on your scan, very exciting

Frostysmum - totally agree about the battle scars, after so many years of waiting and bfn's I think we long termers require a lot more convincing that it's all ok! xx