Closed Thread
Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi MNMC, wishing you lots of luck for your FET on Saturday. I hope this is the sticky one.
    Last edited by lilybaby; 19-07-2011 at 20:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mnmc---Yes, sending you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello gorgeous gals!

mnmc, welcome! All the very best for your FET on saturday

mummywannabee, hoping you are PUPO by now?

Felicita, congrats on being PUPO

Lilybaby, I have just googled zoladex because I haven't heard of it's use in IVF before. Do they use it to manage adenomyosis? It sounds like this should be called a long long down reg cycle and you are right us LTTTC should be used to waiting but I reckon it never gets any easier when we all we want is to hold our baby in our arms. Sometimes I really can't believe that we have been TTC so long, it feels like it is happening to someone else?!

Where is everyone up to with their cycle plans?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Starfish , yep the zoladex is to treat the adenomyosis, it "fixes" the lining where the adeno has built up by putting you into a deep suppression (similar to synarel). When mine was diagnosed with the mri in January it was 15mm and it's only meant to be 5mm. They said anything over 10mm causes a 98% implantation failure rate which is why my 1st 7 transfers with my 1st clinic were a waste of my good blasties . It'll also help with endo if I have any. It does make for a very loooonnng cycle but totally worth it just to give my embies a chance of implanting. Unfortunatley now that we know why they wouldnt implant the quality and quantity has gone downhill - hopefully DHEA will take care of that prob!
    How has your week been?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilybaby, just curious, what tipped you or FS off about the possibility of adenomyosis? Such a travesty that it took 7 transfers before it was discovered! Have read a little about it and understand some woman have quite painful periods and 'enlarged' uterine cavities which I thought would be noticed at scans, during a lap etc??

I also think while we have been so focused on improving DH's MFI over the years that my eggs have been quietly declining. I have had a pretty big drop in AMH (and likely quality) in the last 12 months and that now seems to be much more of a problem I sincerely hope DHEA is successful for you, it's about time you caught a break!

I have had a pretty full on week. I am finishing up a job I have been in for 4 years which has been a really important part of my life but has been incredibly demanding and stressful so lots of mixed emotions. However, I am looking forward to new possibilities and hoping for a significant reduction in stress in my new role Things with my sister as PED are progressing very slowly and I am finding the process quite frustrating and not as 'slick' as when I have cycled with my own eggs. Eg. there doesn't seem to be anyone truly coordinating all aspects and then they 'lost' my sister's bloods (all 6 vials!) and they will have to be repeated So trying to just go with the flow but finding it more challenging when there are other's inconvenienced rather than just DH and I!

Have a great week ALL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish- That's got to be pretty frustrating that they lost your sister's blood work. How on earth does that happen?!! Hoping the rest of the process goes a little smoother.

MNMC- Good luck for Saturday's transfer

AFM, have been jabbing since Friday and have first scan tomorrow. Really hoping there's something going on in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay!! I found a spot with ladies who know exactly how I feel!! This thread is heaven sent and thank you Starf1sh for starting it. I really needed this.

I know what it is like to feel "left behind" and wonder why I am taking so much longer than all the ladies in the threads I usually post in. I started to feel alone and as much as I knew I was not the only one on this long and winding road, I needed people to say exactly how I was feeling.

I see a few familiar names.

So many people have hit the nail right on the head in their posts here. I will read on and post more I am sure.

Hope you don't mind another long termer here. I think we have been going for three and a half years now. I try not to tally as I would throw up!!

Best of luck to all of you and I see someone else has a transfer on Saturday like me. Much luck to you. Hope you graduate on this transfer!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would dearly love to post to each and every one of you individually but I would have a post as long as the Great Wall of China. I have been gobsmacked at what all of you have posted as you are saying it just as I feel it. I had a read and wow! You all described how I feel as if you are actually me!!!

I am sorry for the lack of personals. There is so so much I want to say. I too don't want to pin much hope on my FET on Saturday and I have to spent so much time thinking IVF cures all like someone said earlier on. Apparently not always but all I can think about is seeing that baby for the first time. It is what drives me to continue and that only. I would have given up a long time ago if not for thinking about that split second moment of seeing him or her for the first time.

You are not going to be able to get rid of me now!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison, hope transfer has gone ahead by now and you are PUPO!!! this is the one and you can finally get off the ride! You never know when it will happen. Keep us posted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    star - thanks and I hope to get off this ride but whatever will be will be. I have not really even given it a second thought this time around. I am the most calm I have EVER been. STRANGE but I will take it!! I had SERIOUS meltdowns after my last transfer and now I am the polar opposite. I am the kinda person who has a stress attack if I am two minutes late so this serenity is VERY out of character. I think I am just relieved that the last frosties is on board and I no longer need to make a decision. If I need to do another full cycle, I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
    Hope you are doing well. What's happening in your neck of the woods???
    Thanks for posting again. Your advice has given me alot to ponder of late and I am alway glad to get new info.