Closed Thread
Page 39 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haydos---That's fantastic news. for a great number on BT.

Jamison---Good to let your hair down for the silly season and forget about the troubles for a little while.

Loveabug--- about your old neighbours jumping on trampoline.

Lily---Congrats on the good nuchal scan report.

Marzi---2 more sleeps to see the little blinking heartbeat.

Star---It's better to be safe than sorry, have it checked before you waste the precious embryoes. Wazza does a lipoidal flush as well when he does the hyseteroscopy. I'm a bit scared of the sacrifying bit, if D+C can cause scarring, so can sacrifying. I think you should consider doing a mock stim with smaller dose FSH to get the lining going, I always have trouble getting the lining up to standards with FET, but never have problem with fresh stim. My body just doesn't like synthetic estrogen, luckily I also didn't have many embies good enough to survive the freeze for FET.

It is encouraging to see more Long Termers finally graduating. I know some of you are probably dreading to be the last to get off the rollercoaster. I know that feeling. I dropped by the Wazza's for a chat today as I was in the area, he wanted to know if we did anything different this cycle to get me across the line (Wazza missed my last cycle due to his back surgery). Honestly I think it's just the luck of the draw. Some just has to do it more times than others and wait way longer than others to get that elusive BFP. Some would run out of money, time, emotional reserve or egg reserve before that. But it's never impossible, there is always hope.

AFM---We had our morph scan this morning, everything is fine. It's a girl. Things seem to have settled down, I haven't bled for almost 6 weeks now. I'm going to try returning to work for half days 3 days a week in January and see how I go.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilybaby - sounds like everything's going well with you

Sorry to hear about the delays Star Hope all goes well in Jan and then you can have one of your beautiful embies transferred.

Loveabug - haha I love your trampoline story and had a visual of the neighbours on the trampoline complete with walking sticks hehe

Marzi - I agree, I hate the unexplained tag that we had for most of the time, just makes it even more frustrating Good luck tomorrow for your scan, I'm sure everything will be perfect.

Frostysmum - wow congratulations, so exciting!

Afm - I got my BT results back today and I am officially pregnant! I can't quite believe it. My numbers are 38 today and 56 for progesterone but other than being told that's good at this stage (13 dpo) I have no clue beyond that. All these years of ivf I think I never really thought we'd get there so haven't done any pregnancy related research. Very happy but it's early days and new territory so very scared to get my hopes up.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and that the new year brings good luck and babydust to everyone x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison - I hope you can have a lovely Christmas with your nephews, they sound very lucky to have you as an aunt. I hope you'll have a few wines and enjoy yourself. I totally understand the need for a long break from ivf, I think it's only other long termers who really get just how emotionally draining it can be. Only you will know when you are ready to try again. Take care xx

Star - I'm so sorry to hear that your lining still isn't playing the game, you have had a really awful 2011. I really hope that 2012 is your year, you certainly deserve it . I think you are doing the right thing by having a hysteroscopy before you use your prescious embies. I hope it will show what the issue is. Frosty mentionned the lipiodol flush in her post, I had that done back in April - who knows if it made a difference but it certainly wouldnt hurt to have it done at the same time as your hysteroscopy. It is completely painless and just gives you a good anti-bacterial clean out, is also meant to increase fertility for 12 months. Enjoy your Christmas day with your DH. I'm positive it wont be just the 2 of you for too much longer.

Loveabug - I hope you have a lovely Christmas with your beautiful DD. I loved your story about your neighbours and the trampoline. Your DD is going to be over the moon Christmas morning.

Marzi - wishing you a perfect scan on Friday. I just know you are going to see a beautiful heartbeat.

Frosty - Congratulations on your Morph scan and especially for your lovely little girl, such wonderful news. I'm so happy that your bleeding has stopped and hope it stays away for good now so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Haydos - , such wonderful news - congratulations. I totally understand the shock of finally getting a BFP after trying for such a long time but enjoy every minute because you really are pregnant! I cant help with your numbers at all because my BT was much later than yours but if the clinic says its good then it is. Have a wonderful Christmas knowing that you are going to be a Mummy.

Sorry to all the lovely ladies I missed. I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year. I really hope that in 2012 all of the lovely ladies on this thread have their baby dreams come true.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lilybaby For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (22-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOOOO HOOOO! Bring on those Christmas bubba's long term gals!

Haydos
    , Congrats!! those numbers continue to climb!

Marzi
    , wishing you a beautiful tomorrow!

Congratulations Frosty, DH and family on your gorgeous bundle of PINK!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Marzi, best of luck for scan today, be crossing everything for you & then you can relax over Xmas. I have had spotting pretty much from my BT, it's light but clinic assures it's nothing to worry about, spotting & light bleeding is very common.

Haydos great news on the BT, are you having a follow up ? 13dpo is quite early but great to see a result there so early, yay. Like lily, I had mine at 16dpo. Best of luck, not doing too much 'research' is not altogether a bad thing in my opinion !

Star, another one hoping & praying that 2012 (preferably very early 2012!) is your time. Another BH in the 40+ was saying a hysto & flush is a good idea, I think she's another Wazza fan/patient.

Frosty, a wee girl, yay - congrats !

Lilybaby, hope all is well with you, sounds like the pregnancy is progressing well, congrats on your scan. I hear you on dropping off the support like clexane but I have only ever heard that you don't need it any more after the first trimester so I'm sure the doc is right :-) But it is a little security blanket, I empathise. Your little bubba is obviously strong & happy on its own now !

Jamison
    , have a great break and shop up a storm. I can understand where you're at right now with this journey & although I know it's all relative in terms of where we are in our lives but if I wasn't so old I think I would definitely tried to take a break at some point in the past two years. This whole process just has us with our lives on hold and that is not terribly healthy IMO.

Loveabug, enjoy Xmas with the little one, that's what it's all about.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM, well, we had our viability scan yesterday & I was in tears on the bed but for good reason this time - we saw a healthy little 6w+2d bean, with a HB of 114bpm. First time we have reached HB stage, a long way to go, but a big milestone cross. DH & I are heading to the US on hols tomorrow (extra travel insurance on hand !) for a break.

So if I don't get on here while we're away, all the very very best for Xmas to you ladies, a stronger & more determined bunch I have never met. I really hope everything you wish for in 2012 becomes yours - Santa says so too
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 23-12-2011 at 08:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - congratulations on seeing that beautiful heartbeat. DP and I were both teary too.

Have a wonderful time in the US, how lovely to spend Christmas overseas. Take care and enjoy yourself.

Marzi - for a beautiful heartbeat today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to say hi and congratulations to all you ladies with positive results -- so fabulous to see such good news for long term ivf'ers !

Hoping some of your good luck will rub off on me -- am halfway through the 2ww and going slightly mental !!

Best wishes to you all for Christmas and happy healthy babies in 2012 !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos----Congrats

Spot----You too my dear! I'm very very chuffed for you.

Merry Christmas to all the long termers wherever you are in your journey. Keep believing. One day your wish will come true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    marzi -thanks my love. I will make sure I have some ME time. I have to be honest and say that I do not think I am going back to my job in Jan. They are horrible people and have not made this experience any better so now I am actively searching. I feel this is the start of new horizons. I left that door open in case I find nothing in the next month but I FINALLY decided to get out. It is making me so unhappy so it is time. I too had a HUGE breakdown this year and sought help. Things have been looking up and I also wanna thank you for sharing that with me as it is comforting to know you know how I have felt. I hope Santa brought you lotsa goodies. You deserve them and so much more. Sounds like your numbers are excellent and I am so so pleased to hear that.

lilybaby - thanks for saying that. I did have a few wines yesterday but luckily not many as my nephew started drowning in my Mum's pool and I had to save him. It took ten years off my life I can tell you. Mum said, "Was the water cold?". I have no idea. I just jumped in to get him. Jeez louise. What a day. How was your day yesterday? Any Chanel in your stocking?How you been feeling?

lilibirdy - a huge congrats on that little heartbeat. Who could ask for more at Christmas?Shop up a storm? I spent the whole day on the internet checking to see the sales I need to check out and was overly excited to see the bag I want is reduced from 500 to 260. Yay for me!! Treating myself tomorrow I can tell you. How have you been feeling there my love?

frosty - let the hair down? I did on Thursday and did not get home until 4am which is so unlike me but I had a ball. I danced in the rain and it was like I was 21 again. Glad to hear everything has settled down and wow! A little girl!!!I am sure you would not have cared either way though. Thanks for sharing your journey with me especially as I have seen you around for a long while now.

star - what was in your stocking love? I know I got more than I expected. The best prezzie I got was my nephew saying to me, "Aunty, you know that show "Beauty and the Geek?. Well you are a real beauty better than those girls on the show". Gawd love him. Then Dad wrote some emotional message in my card about the way I love my nephews and I broke down like a cry baby. I am usually pretty straight faced but I lost it and my brother in law had to console me. Then my sister started and then Mum started. What an emotional day!! Wanted to say a huge thanks to you for all your support this year. You have been so great and I will never forget. I wish you the very best for the new year and I hope to hear you have some great news soon. It has to be the year for you and me. The time has come. Someone like you deserves a belated Xmas prezzie like no other.

AFM.... ready to kiss this year goodbye and start afresh.Love to everyone. XXXXXXXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostysmum View Post

It is encouraging to see more Long Termers finally graduating. I know some of you are probably dreading to be the last to get off the rollercoaster. I know that feeling. I dropped by the Wazza's for a chat today as I was in the area, he wanted to know if we did anything different this cycle to get me across the line (Wazza missed my last cycle due to his back surgery). Honestly I think it's just the luck of the draw. Some just has to do it more times than others and wait way longer than others to get that elusive BFP. Some would run out of money, time, emotional reserve or egg reserve before that. But it's never impossible, there is always hope.

AFM---We had our morph scan this morning, everything is fine. It's a girl. Things seem to have settled down, I haven't bled for almost 6 weeks now. I'm going to try returning to work for half days 3 days a week in January and see how I go.
    Yes I believe that once they figure out your issues and how best to treat them, it's just a numbers game...yes I wish that they found my septum earlier as it was it took 19 cycles....but I'm letting that stress go and focusing on what's ahead. Your so right frosty, there is always hope

Yay on your morph scanA girl! so happy for you Bella xx