Closed Thread
Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello everyone!

I've been quiet lately, haven't had much new to say. I have been reading along and keeping up with you guys tho.

A huge congratulations to Marzi! Excellent news!

Well I had my first nurses appt with WFC, as for those who know me, this is a huge step as I dislike WFC after a really bad experience with them. Bur unfortunately, I have no other option at the stage. I still have 8 frozen embryos at Genea, but I can't afford to use them :-( I'm grateful that my RI will be treating me. I'm going to see him again on Tuesday. The clomid failed to make me ovulate, so I'm hoping he's got another option up his sleeve for me. Cause if I can dodge ivf and fall pregnant naturally (well, not technically naturally but ykwim) I'll be forever indebted to him.

Enjoy your weekend ladies xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - that's fantastic news!!
    With the hidden sugars I just started making everything from scratch including sauces so I knew everything that was in it.

Marzi - wow congratulations!! Great news

Nat84u - is WFC Westmead? I had one cycle there to use the high res microscope and didn't really like it there (nothing went wrong just didn't seem as good as my usual place). All the best for your next steps.

Lilybaby - that sounds really scary, glad to hear everything's ok!

Afm - I am estatic! After insisting on PICSI this cycle (FS didn't know it was in use yet) and trying not to get our hopes up, we got 16 eggs, 15 mature I think and an amazing 11 fertilised!!! Can't believe it! So that's the best result we have ever had by a long shot! Still have a long way to go but given we were maybe one cycle away from either using a donor or giving up, I just can't believe the fert rate this cycle. Still really trying not to get my hopes up but I finally feel like we're in with a chance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I've not read all the post so hope I am not posting out of line? I just want to say what a great thread. I have been doing IVF for 9 years so far and on cycle 15 fell pg with my DS. We are now returning I the hope of a sibling. Sending you all love and strength. It's a tough rd and I hope my journey gives you hope x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marzi congrats ! Here's hoping for a fabulously uneventful 8 months or so.....

Haydos, wow what a great haul and feet rate. We did picsi for the first time this cycle, and so far so good, I really hope you get the same result !! When's your transfer ?

Welcome smooths ! Good luck in the next part of your journey..

Nat8, im also another former Westmead patient, I also left after a not so great experience but it's good you're aware of what to expect and with your RI treating I'm sure you'll get the result you're dreaming for. Are you transferring your embies from genea ? Good luck hun.

Lilybaby, frosty hope your are both going long ok with your pregnancies, glad things are back on track.

Star, hi ! Are you going for another cycle soon ??

Hi to everyone else...

Afm, still plodding til tuesday when I have a follow up BT to see if HCG is rising. Very few symptoms just waking early to pee and last night I thought I felt some "heaviness" in boobies. Fingers crossed.

Have a great Sunday all.
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 11-12-2011 at 05:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello to all you lovely strong women

Congratulations Marzi

well I know I've been MIA lately but this year has been HORRIBLE. I have been dropping in and reading along. I cant wait for 2012 to begin. Sorry all I have is more sad news and Im trying hard to keep it together but when there is so much happening its hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    haydos - well that is certainly AWESOME news. I am so pleased. That sounds fantastic!!!I was just skimming the thread and saw your news. I will read more thoroughly and respond some more. You may be sorry as I have the mouth from the south!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Star - I have to say the insanity strikes first. I am a complete nutter but then again, I always have been.(and proud of it mind you) I am sure Santa will see you have been a good girl and get you something nice. Jimmy Choos are a little far fetched but a girl can dream right? If my nephews have anything to do with it, I will not be getting anything this year but a "Sister" for them. God love them. They do not understand the cousin concept or the gestation period. For some reason they do not want their mum to have another baby but they want me to have one. They got a little annoyed with me in Cotton On Kids the other day as I went gaga over the fairy outfits and kept saying they were so cute. My eldest nephew said to my Dad, "If Aunty says "So cute" one more time, I am gonna walk out of this shop.". Nice. How are you travelling there anyway? I have been thinking about you. I had a dream about you and that in itself is odd as I have NO idea what you look like..In my dream you had dark hair, tall, thin with blue eyes. Am I close?

Marzi - a HUGE congrats. What better Xmas prezzie than that??? I wish you the very best and enjoy every single moment.

gotta read back further as I have been outta the loop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    CRap, just lost a big post!

Suffice to say, thanks to you all for your support and best wishes xx

Our new motto for 2012
    NEW YEAR, NEW HOPE!

Here is something I was emailed, it's another way to handle stress

Handling stress
    A young lady confidently walked around the room while leading and explaining stress management to an audience; with a raised glass of water, and everyone knew she was going to ask the ultimate question, 'half empty or half full?'..... she fooled them all... 
    "How heavy is this glass of water?", she inquired with a smile.

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance. In each case it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." She continued, "and that's the way it is with stress. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on."

"As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden - holding stress longer and better each time practiced. So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don't carry them through the evening and into the night... pick them up tomorrow.

Whatever burdens you're carrying now, let them down for a moment. Relax, pick them up later after you've rested. Life is short. Enjoy it and the now 'supposed' stress that you've conquered!"

It gave me something to think about and I think it helped keep me calm during the 2ww
    to you all xx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marzi For This Useful Post:

felicita  (14-12-2011),rae81  (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marzi - That was really beautiful and so true, thanks for sharing it. I hope you are going well hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will reply properly later but just a quick update, embryos not going as well as we had hoped. We had 11 fertilise, by day 3 we had 8 that had still progressed (some quite fragmented though) and by today only 4 had progressed since yesterday (some were the non-growing ones from the day before).
    So they were a little slow in the egg days and fragmentation on around half (assuming up to day 3 is an egg issue and from day 3 is a sperm issue), and then by the sperm days the numbers had dropped off a lot with none starting to compact yet.
    So the PICSI helped us get across the line with great fert rates but we're clearly still having issues.

Ours are always slow

Does this sound like an egg or sperm issue? We lose the egg numbers in the sperm days but have already got frag in the egg days..... So is there an issue with one side or both? (another non DNA related issue I mean).

On day 3 the cells were: 2 x 2 cells, 3 x 3 cells, 3 x 4 cells, a 5 cell, a 6 cell and an 8 cell. So to me that seems slow but not completely terrible but by today the only ones that had progressed were a 4 cell, a 5 cell, a 7 cell and an 8 cell. Definitely way behind schedule...

Does anyone have any insight? The Embryologist wouldn't give any insight except to try for day 6 on Thurs and hope they start compacting soon. Very disheartening after the first great start we've ever had. So the DNA issue stopped us getting this far before, now we may or may not have a chance.

Any info, things I can research etc would be appreciated.