Closed Thread
Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Star - I've been thinking of you and hope you are holding up ok. Make the most of drinking coffee, wine and eating all the cheeses and meats at the moment because I just know that you will be UTD with a sticky bub very, very soon. I honestly have that strong feeling that it is going to work for you. I know the wine and cheeses are only a small consolation but I use to find they helped as long as i told myself I wouldnt be having them for much longer. Take care of yourself hun. xxx

Haydos - I hope your scan goes well on Monday and that your EPU can go ahead on Wednesday, you definetly deserve a break in this whole process. Thinking of you and sending "grow, grow, grow" vibes to your embies.

Marzi - How are you going hun? I've been thinking of you, when is your BT?

Lilbirdy - I think 9dpo is too early to test, I hope your poas shows a lovely double line if you test again on 12dpo. Sorry I cant help with any PCOS info, hopefully someone else can.

I hope everyone else is doing well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy - how's your tww going? Have you poas again or waiting until Thurs? Fingers crossed for you
    Did you have any luck with your GP about your PCO/insulin question? I'm borderline PCO and am a bit overweight despite not eating that badly and lately have cut out sugar (including the hidden sugars in processed foods) and am finding the weight is falling off so am assuming this is possibly due to insulin issues. Just a guess though and I have no idea if it contributes to our infertility issues.

Lilybaby - how're you going? Mustn't be long now until your scan?

Starf1sh and Jamison - hope you are both going ok! x

Afm - well I'm now having an EPU on Friday! That's insane, I think I forgot to let my body know this is an Antagonist cycle and it's meant to take just over 2 weeks for EPU not 3. Will lose the first cohort but hopefully still have some good eggs. Still very excited/nervous about trying PICSI as its pretty much our last hope.

Hope everyone is taking it easy in the lead up to Christmas and that those of us not pregnant yet can avoid well intentioned but insensitive people over the holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Haydos1979 View Post
    Lilbirdy - how's your tww going? Have you poas again or waiting until Thurs? Fingers crossed for you
    Yes, I have, couldn't wait. I got a BFP at 10 & 11dpo, now just waiting til BT on Thursday. But I am not excited yet, with two m/c, I would really like to be at 6-7 wks with a nice scan & HB. Still, it's a starting point !

Did you have any luck with your GP about your PCO/insulin question? I'm borderline PCO and am a bit overweight despite not eating that badly and lately have cut out sugar (including the hidden sugars in processed foods) and am finding the weight is falling off so am assuming this is possibly due to insulin issues. Just a guess though and I have no idea if it contributes to our infertility issues.
    GP was a bit loathe to do much more than order a insulin test ie didn't want to go over the head of the fertility doc, although she told me that it's pretty much routine in the UK for PCOS sufferers to take Metformin. So I was supposed to load up on carbs the last three days for a test tomorrow but I've struggled to eat the amount they ask so will now probably wait to see what happens after this BT on Thursday ! Have everything crossed that I won't need to worry about it. That is good that you've dropped off the weight & the sugar. With cutting out the 'hidden', are you just triple checking packaging etc ? Any reccs ?
    Afm - well I'm now having an EPU on Friday! That's insane, I think I forgot to let my body know this is an Antagonist cycle and it's meant to take just over 2 weeks for EPU not 3. Will lose the first cohort but hopefully still have some good eggs. Still very excited/nervous about trying PICSI as its pretty much our last hope.
    Best of luck ! Love (well not love, but you know what I mean) antagonist cycle for the fact that it's relatively quick. I hope you get lots of nice eggies and a lovely BFP for Xmas

Hi to star, marzi, lilybaby, loveabug, jamison, felicitia, frostys & everyone, have a great week.
    Last edited by lilbirdy; 05-12-2011 at 14:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilbirdy, Congrats!!! Over a very important hurdle. for great numbers on Thursday.

Haydos, you must be feeling relaxed if EPU snuck up on you! Hope it's a good sign for things to come!

Loveabug, hope you are doing ok

Felicita

Marzi,

Jamison, I think my DH just might kill me if I lashed out on a pair on Jimmy Choo's at this point Even though I'm sure I would look fabulous!! Sometimes on this long journey (between the cycle costs and necessary post cycle retail therapy) I wonder if bankruptcy or insanity will get me 1st!

Thanks lovely Lily for your thoughts and encouragement Your 12 wk scan must be soon??

I think I will need a little bit more time to lick my wounds before I put my Comeback Queen boots on! (I smiled at that one Frosty! ) Hope the bedrest is not driving you completely

to all the long term gals...time for a few more ladders please!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily, bt is Wednesday, I'm getting nervous! When is your next scan?

Thanks for all your thoughts girls, it really is sweet xx you are all strong amazing women!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I had my BT today............
    BFP!!!!

I'm so happy to be at this stage! Taking it one day at a time tho as I've been to this point before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo Marzi and Lilbirdy!!!

to everyone! I'm just lurking to keep track of you wonderful ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marzi - so, so happy for you hun

Lilbirdy - best of luck for your BT tomorrow but it is sounding very positive

Star and Haydos - , I hope you both are doing ok

Frosty - how have you been? I hope bub has been behaving and you have had a smooth run recently.

Jamison - how are you going? Any recent shoe purchases?

Hi to all the other lovely ladies

afm, I've had a bit of a scare this week. Tuesday arvo I had brown discharge/bleeding and of course totally freaked out. I ended up coming home from work early and was given the rest of the week off by my boss who I had to tell I was pregnant since I was bawling in her office. I ended up having a scan this morning at my Ob's and everything was perfect thank goodness. Bub still has a strong heartbeat and has grown 1cm in the past 6 days. Ob was very reassuring and said all is fine, she checked my uterus and couldnt see a reason for bleeding so thinks it must be a cervix irritation - didnt want to check though in case she caused more irrritation. Still have some brown blood when I wipe after going to the loo but (touch wood) nothing in my pants since Tuesday. Such a scary, scary time though. Frosty I dont know how you've coped with all you've been through with your bleeding and bed rest, I've just had a small episode the last couple days and can not believe how scared I've been - you are very strong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilybaby---Glad everything has settled down. Won't it be easy if we get a smooth sailing pregnancy like everyone else too seeing that it took us so much trouble to get there in the first place? I have to put on my calm hat and kept telling myself what will be will be, I'm receiving the best possible care, but there's nothing anyone can do to stop the bad things happening if it's going to happen. And surely I *can't* be that unlucky so many times? Things seem to have settled down for me too, haven't bled for over 2 weeks now. (touch wood). Feeling very tired all the time, went and had a blood test and found I'm a bit iron deficient and my haemoglobin has dropped by 20 since the beginning of the pregnancy. So I've started taking some iron tablets and re-started the Berocca to get some energy back. Just as well I don't have to work but I'm getting really bored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Marzi!!!! Fingers crossed this is IT honey!

Lilbirdy, I did read your numbers were good and had doubled! Awesome news!

Lily, oh hon what an awful scare! Glad to hear ultrasound showed bub is thriving and hoping things stay nice and calm in there!

Frosty, wonderful to hear that things have settled for you also. Geez if there was any justice in the universe you'd think an 'easy', straightforward pregnancy (where we all look and feel amazing ) should be guaranteed after all the effort to make these precious bubs!

Haydos, how did EPU go yesterday??

Jamison, Loveabug, Felicita