Closed Thread
Page 33 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    marzi - how you feelin?? Two transferred huh? I hear ya on the fears of the splitting. Can I ask what made you come to the decision to transfer two? DH and I have been against it for a long time and when I cam around to the idea DH stood his ground and would not agree to it. In his eyes it woulda been DOUBLE the grieving but I do not see it like that.

Lily - how you feelin my love??

Star -how long left in the TWW?? I have been thinking about you alot.My thoughts are with you XXX

haydos - my love, I have only this I am thinking of you and I am hoping you are okay. I just want you to be okay.

Sorry to all that I missed. I think about how strong you all are every day. XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveabug, I'm so sorry. I hear you on the crazy hormones I have had a very low threshold this week as well as feeling incredibly ordinary! And to top it all off someone crashed into me yesterday in the car (damage to all 3 panels of my car but I'm ok!) so I also hear you on the car dramas! Frosty has a wonderful analogy of IVF being like a game of snakes & ladders, we all slide down a few of those horrible snakes but eventually you will catch a ladder and hopefully win the game

It looks like I'm out too BT is Monday however I have been POAS the last 2 days and BFN I'm thinking my lining may not've been cozy enough for this embie, and while we are definitely sad and disappointed you miss 100% of the shots that you do not take and we are lucky enough to still have 3 great chances.

Will ask clinic on Monday about doing a 'dummy' natural cycle in Dec to see what my lining will get to without the suppression and all the meds (have done natural FETs in the past) and will meet with FS and decide what to do for our FET in Jan/Feb. DH and I are doing what we do best when facing a disappointment and are in full swing planning a scuba diving holiday over the new year break. Any reviews for heron island gratefully received we might also consider somewhere in the south pacific as we only have a week.

Jamison, I also think a fab new pair of shoes is on my agenda this week...and maybe will drop into the sales. Hmmmmmmm!

Thanks gorgeous girls for all of your support I have been so heartened to see SO many of our wonderful long termers catch quite a few ladders in the last few months, it only bodes well for those of us still awaiting our turn!!!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 26-11-2011 at 08:33. Reason: add info

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Loveabug  (26-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison, I've never put two back before. Thought we would try something different this time. Twice the chance of working is what I'm hoping.

Thanks
    Reviews

Star
    - I hope, hope, hope that the hpt's were wrong and that you'll have a lovely surprise at your BT tomorrow.
    You've certainly had an awful week, I'm sorry to hear about your car smash but glad to hear that you are ok. I'm sending lots of your way and desperately hope you have good news tomorrow. If the worst does happen then lots of coming your way but I hope you wont need them. xxx

Marzi - for you as well my dear. I have everything crossed that 1 or both of your embies is staying for the next 9 months. xxx

Jamison - Thanks for asking about me. I'm going well, I'm really just taking it 1 day at a time at the moment. I'm starting to get excited the further we get and staying positive most of the time but getting to the important 12 weeks is always at the back of my mind. 2 weeks and 6 days to go and then I'll feel a loooot safer.
    How have you been? Have you done any retail therapy lately? I need to go shopping desperatley but the Christmas crowds are driving me crazy already. Do you have any more work trips planned or will you be staying home for a while?

Haydos -

Take care and to all the lovely ladies on this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Hoping I can join in on your discussions -- I am currently waiting for AF to start our 9th cycle. I have deleted my signature because it is just too depressing ! I have tried Luveris, and Saizen, acupuncture, vitamins etc.. and am on DHEA for the last 3 mths -- embies are getting better and certainly no worse than any previous cycles doing the "flare" version as opposed to the long down regular. Doing "colorado" this time. Have never had any embies to freeze. I am with my second clinic so if this fails I don't know if they will do more cycles or not.
    Baby dust to all:

Thanks
    Reviews
    star - shoes ALWAYS help and I do NOT care what DH thinks about that one!!! I got a new pair last week. HOT peep toe wedges with an ankle strap. Delish. Keep sane there my lovely.

lily - been thinking about you. Well as you can see above, yes I have indulged in some retail therapy. I was trying to Xmas shop and found many things for myself along the way. Merry Christmas to me! Hey, I do not feel guilty. If you saw what I am giving my nephews for Christmas, you would know I deserve some shoes and outfits for being a generous Aunty!! My Mum's friend was listening to me rattle off what they are getting for Xmas this year and she could not believe how much they get from the family. She said, "When is enough, enough?" Good question. I tend to indulge them as I do not have my own to indulge so in that respect, they are very lucky. Although, they said to me today, "Aunty we want you to have a baby for Christmas" Awwwwww, yeah me too but we know that is an impossibility in 4 weeks!!!! They said they want me to give them a "Sister". Cute. I can understand you wanting the 12 week mark to come and go. I would feel the same. The worrying never ends does it? Before you know it, that time will come and then bub will be here before you know it. Take care and hurry up twelve week mark!!

Marzi - I have tossed and turned about transferring two so many times. DH will just NOT jump on the same page. I have no frosties left now so I guess we see what happens if I have to do another full cycle in the new year. I am inclined to go the double whammy!! How are you feeling anyway??

Sorry to all that I have missed. Hope everyone is doing well. Not long until Santa is here. What are the chances Santa shops at Chanel? Not great I believe!! I should not be greedy. My Santa (DH) always gives great gifts but I think we are not going to buy for one another this year and consider a trip instead. Sounds good to me!!!

XXXXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jamison, you're very sweet and your post cheered me up. Have fun with the retail therapy! I've done most of my Christmas shopping already before it gets too busy, but cannot decide what I want for and from DH. Maybe a new handbag or jewellery? But that's what I always ask for lately but can't come up with anything more original.

Starf1sh - so sorry this month didn't work for you On the plus side you know you have fantastic embies to use for your cycles so things seem a lot more likely to succeed for you soon! (not that this makes the news any easier) Stay positive I'm sooooo sure you will get there very soon!! Hope your sister is doing well after her EPU.

Mummywannabee - that's fantastic news!!!! You must be over the moon

Lily - glad to hear you're going well, not long to go now, then you can relax and not worry!

Marzi - that's a great fert rate, how was ET? Hope your OHSS is better by now!

Loveabug - sorry you're having such a rotten time of it this month, are you taking a break till next year then? All the best!

Cjm1 - you sound like me, lots of cycles but none to freeze what kind of fertilisation rate do you get? And how many eggs usually, I'm guessing on DHEA maybe lower numbers? Also has DH been tested to see if there are any issues for him too? All the best!

As for me I'm doing one last Ditch effort this year with PICSI. We so desperately want this to work as unless we try some weird and wacky long shots, this is our last chance without doner eggs. If we still get poor results this cycle it might be time to move on, if the results are significantly improved then at least we have hope and can keep trying a bit longer and hopefully get there.

Hi to everyone I've missed, sorry I have been MIA for a while, this cycle took longer to get past than usual x

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFN was confirmed at the bt today

I am taking this much harder than I thought I would and a lot of tears have been shed over the weekend, but on reflection of course a fresh disappointment will open old wounds. So I might need a couple of weeks to work on my positivity mojo to be able to focus on our 3 remaining bright star's in the new year.

I also find Christmas to be the most difficult time of year to still have empty arms and an empty womb

We have an FS appt on Dec 13th to discuss the next plan of attack and the clinic has agreed to a 'dummy' natural cycle in Dec to see what the lining will do of it's own accord. So I have a plan and I find nothing more settling than having a plan

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear that Starf1sh!! I know how horrible that feels and wouldn't wish that on anyone
    I hope you guys can come up with a plan with FS that you're all happy with, all the best for next steps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - , I'm so sorry. I really hoped that your hpt's were wrong (or just too early) and that there would be a miracle at your BT today. I hope that you and DH can have some time together to grieve, this journey really is so unfair sometimes.
    I'm glad that they are letting you do a "dummy" run in December, hopefully it will help them work out how to get your lining perfect for your next attempt with one of your beautiful frosties. I hope your appt will also give you some hope for your next cycle. Take care of yourself and know we are all thinking of you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lilybaby For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (30-11-2011)