Closed Thread
Page 30 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haydos yeah I have resorted to treating Niece like my DD4 because thats how she has been behaving, and DD does try to act the same as her its a very trying time I try not to stay too long lucky I have MIL to stay at but its so very hard when IM VERY HORMONAL and dont have DH to help.

Great work Star everything is looking fantastic are you having ET? Im considering POAS but normally Im pretty good at avoiding them just this time my 2WW is moving very slowly, just had last Pregnal injection yesterday. I am tempted to do some next week. I need to ring FS and see if I can have BT wed instead of thur/fri as I may be able to stay in brissy until then.

Nat how are you going havent heard from you in a while?
    Last edited by Loveabug; 16-11-2011 at 10:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quickie as I have to get to acupuncture, will be back later to chat!

We had 4 blasts today when we arrived for transfer. 3 x A grades and 1 x B grade! All the time I have cycled with IVFA (my 2nd clinic) we have never had an A!!! Dr Illingworth was so warm and lovely and took the time to go through all aspects of the collection and fertilisation. We are really thankful we made the trip to Westmead to do the digital high magnification as it turns out DH's sample wasn't great, but they were able to pick out the absolute best (95% of the sample had vacuoles! have more to say about this later). He also went through all my previous transfers and pointed out this was the best blasty we had ever had, no fragmentation at all

So I am now PUPO with the best one and now I just that my lining is inviting enough for this little embie to make a home long term Will find tomorrow how many of the other 3 are suitable for freezing.

My sister has delivered us an absolutely amazing cache of embies and a gift which we can never repay ... as a small token we bought her a beautiful piece of jewellery and I did write her a card explaining if she ever needed a kidney I'm her woman!!

Thanks again everyone for your support, it has been 12 months since I 'knowingly' did a 2ww, not sure how I will go!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Frostysmum  (16-11-2011),SimpsonDesert  (16-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haydos---Links on HA-ICSI, QFG uses the PICSI method, just ring the scientists on 07-38323279 and ask them about it, speak to Jacqui (she's the head and most knowledgeable).

http://www.med.yale.edu/obgyn/advanc...yaluronic.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...1/?tool=pubmed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish - your embies sound amazing. I have everything crossed for you that this is your sticky bub and that it starts making itself at home for the next 9 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I'm back...

Nat thanks for dropping in

Loveabug, to you. Good luck with your decision whether to join the POAS game! Keep us posted

Haydos, I hope you feel like you have some new things in your arsenal to take to FS to develop your next plan of attack? In regards to MFI and the vacuoles this is the info I got from Prof Illingsworth today about our situation. Apparently a sperm sample can appear normal looking at the basic parameters, for example, my DH's had normal count, motility etc, so-so morphology and his DNA fragmentation when last tested was in the excellent range < 15% (as measured by DNA fragmentation tests such as SCSA or TUNEL assay). A sample can also appear good on a DNA frag test but still have a high number of vacuoles (holes in the head of the sperm which are thought to be caused by DNA damage) which can only be detected with high magnification. As I said DH's sample showed 95% had vacuoles!! An 'acceptable' level is 30-40% so I really pity the poor scientist who had to wade through that sample and pick out the few unaffected spermies!

DH has been quite disconcerted to discover this and in some ways we might've been better off to go with digital high magnification rather than PGD for our last cycle which were the 2 options we were weighing up at the time. However the technology was not available together at the same lab (and the difference in $$ is massive between these 2 options). Regardless, there is no point in looking back we made the best decision we could at the time and we could torture ourselves endlessly with the 'what if's?'. However, my learning from this, where there are mutual fertility issues I would continue to push FS to keep sperm quality issues in mind.

I really want to say a huge thank you in particular to Lily, Jamison, Frosty, Haydos, Felicita and Loveabug for your unwavering support through my ED cycle and to Lindylou and EO for your behind the scenes support In some ways it feels quite surreal because I did not have an egg collection, maybe it will take a little longer to sink in that I am PUPO but my heart is so full of gratitude to my sister for giving us the best chance we've probably ever had!

Sending tonnes of babydust to all of you!!!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 16-11-2011 at 16:18. Reason: add info

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Loveabug  (20-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    star - on being PUPO!! This is great news. I bet you would give your sister your right arm if you had to. I hope you have some great news regarding freezing tomorrow as bubba will need a sibling. So you are not with IVFA anymore??

Thanks
    Reviews
    haydos - oh and haven't I heard the holiday one a zillion times too? I have been accused of being money hungry as I have mentioned it was costing me so much to keep on having transfers to no avail. I was told, "You either want a baby or you don't so stop whingeing about the money. You have plenty". Really? and what exactly is "plenty" ? It is not that simple when you have to cough up thousands every month if you have back to back transfers. You are right about the money thing. How would they know what is in your bank account or how much you earn each year? I find people assume that if you pay for IVF, you must be loaded. I have been told that if I focused less on work and having "Nice" things, I would get pregnant in no time. I have heard them all let me tell you. The ugliest one I heard was just the other day when a friend's mum butted her nose in and told me I should just "Give up" because I will get pregnant when I give up and she will say, "I told you so". Lovely. And if I were to fall pregnant naturally, does that make her words the miracle that got me over the line?? I have even told a few people about IVF and they had the audacity to say, "Better not leave it much longer to have a baby" like I made the choice for this to not work. UNBELIEVABLE. I hear you on the steam coming out of the ears!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    loveabug - you made me laugh. I totally get the "not fit for human contact" sign. I have needed that one MANY times myself. When you said "that behaviour is unacceptable" all I could think of was the Super Nanny and how she says "That behaviour is unaseptable" instead of "unackceptable". How you feeling today??

Thanks
    Reviews
    starf1sh that is fantastic i will be having all my fingers and toes crossed for your tww and beyond!! FANTASTIC!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to danii For This Useful Post:

Starf1sh  (17-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamison, I'm still with IVFA. The digital high mag is only offered at the Westmead lab so we had to have collection and transfer there with Prof Illingworth but Dr S did all the cycle monitoring.

AFM, All 3 blasty's in the freezer!!!!